Doctors will not accept it

For those who are smarter than Dog the Uncensored, here are the figures following the implementation of the PPACA:

health_insurance_drop.png

Last edited:
I'm hearing that, locally, doctors are not refusing to accept Obamacare policies. But they are asking whether would-be patients have already satisfied their deductibles and, if they haven't, are asking for up-front prepayment (but only of the deductible).

Well A if someone else is going to pay for your insurance it ain't hard to get people to sign up. 83 per cent of obamacare enrollees get subsidies and many get a full free ride. Your calculus seems to be as long as more people have ins it doesn't matter who is hurt by having to,pay for it. Inotherwords reality has has no business sharing space with your utopian vision.

Flopper you seem to believe that anything is better than nothing. I am not against a insurance plan I am just against obamacare. Let me put in in a sound bite. Less insurance for more money. And everyone says the chickens are just beginning to come home to roost as the full effect of the plan come into play.

Stay tuned for shrimpbox'a health care plan available soon

Well A if someone else is going to pay for your insurance it ain't hard to get people to sign up. 83 per cent of obamacare enrollees get subsidies and many get a full free ride.

Waaaaahhhhh!

My calculus is, people are getting healthcare who couldn't afford it before. Preventive care is cheaper than trying to cure a stage III cancer, heart surgery, or losing a foot or a kidney to undiagnosed diabetes.

Oh, and, P.S., the deficit is going *down*.

Have you gotten a bill in the mail for "your share" of Obamacare, or are you just parroting the talking points?

Well A if someone else is going to pay for your insurance it ain't hard to get people to sign up. 83 per cent of obamacare enrollees get subsidies and many get a full free ride. Your calculus seems to be as long as more people have ins it doesn't matter who is hurt by having to,pay for it. Inotherwords reality has has no business sharing space with your utopian vision.

Flopper you seem to believe that anything is better than nothing. I am not against a insurance plan I am just against obamacare. Let me put in in a sound bite. Less insurance for more money. And everyone says the chickens are just beginning to come home to roost as the full effect of the plan come into play.

For those that have little income, Obamacare is certainly not less insurance for more money. Upper income families pay more and lower income families pay less. If we are to insure more people, someone has to pay more. It certainly can't be the poor.

For those that have little income, Obamacare is certainly not less insurance for more money. Upper income families pay more and lower income families pay less. If we are to insure more people, someone has to pay more. It certainly can't be the poor.

That, in a nutshell, is what's chafing their butts. "WAAAAAAHHHH, somebody else is getting what I got! WAAAAAAHHHH!"

Each year we see articles projecting huge increases in premiums but when we look at the actual average increases across the country, the average is 5 to 6%. Before Obamacare, we saw announcements of 30% to 40% increases in premiums in various areas but the averages usually stayed in a range 3% to 5%.

We haven't been saying that for to long considering the aca is still pretty new.
And it was supposed to save us $2500 a year.
And the point is if it goes up 40% somewhere it's going to price some out of the market and thats a fact.
It'd be no different if your car payment went from six hundred bucks to a thousand...pretty sure you'd be trading it in for a cheaper model.
I really don't remember the details of the $2500, but I'm pretty sure it was meant as an average family savings. It included millions of people that now receive free medical care through the Medicaid expansion in 30 state, plus over 6 million families that get insurance subsidies, and of course those with higher incomes that get nothing from the government.

For those now covered under Medicaid and those receiving large subsidies, the ACA is certainly saving them big bucks. For those that aren't receiving any help from the government, they are paying more. Is the average family saving $2500? I doubt it because it was just a projection and no one really knew what savings would be realized and what additional costs would be incurred.

Obama never specified.

Why would he start...then.

He said......

Sold it to everyone with this garbage.

Well, you never heard Obama say that in any of these clips.

I might have had more respect for the jerk if he had been more upfront.

The litany of lies just got to be to much.

That, in a nutshell, is what's chafing their butts. "WAAAAAAHHHH, somebody else is getting what I got! WAAAAAAHHHH!"

I suspect it's more like.....

I am paying for mine....

Now I am paying for theirs.

Mine cost enough as it is......

Got it ?

I am paying for mine....

Got it ?
Really? Bottom line, how much is it costing you to keep your fellow citizens healthy? Cos I haven't noticed any huge withholdings from my paycheck. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

If you don't mind that the busboy in your favorite restaurant might have flu or walking pneumonia that he can't afford to be treated for, well, yanno what? We responsible adults want to make sure that he and his wife and his kids have access to healthcare, even if you're just a selfish pig.

Just got off the phone with a surgeon - I need a relatively minor problem repaired. Interesting that they wanted to know what insurance I had as primary, whether any secondary but most important, what were the deductibles and had I satisfied them. I had and told them so but then asked why they had asked. They were open about it - they wanted CASH upfront to cover any remaining deductibles - else no appointment...not for preliminaries....especially not for surgery!

Up to now I had heard it from others but this time I can call it personal experience.

Just got off the phone with a surgeon - I need a relatively minor problem repaired. Interesting that they wanted to know what insurance I had as primary, whether any secondary but most important, what were the deductibles and had I satisfied them. I had and told them so but then asked why they had asked. They were open about it - they wanted CASH upfront to cover any remaining deductibles - else no appointment...not for preliminaries....especially not for surgery!

Up to now I had heard it from others but this time I can call it personal experience.

Welcome to the world of adults. If you want to pretend that this magically happened following the passage of the PPACA, I'd say you're probably very young.

It has always been the case for the rest of us.

At least you didn't have them turn you away because "Sorry, that's preexisting condition. You can just go back outside and die, because we don't cover that."

Much to their disappointment, the law won't allow them to do that anymore.

Best of luck with your procedure.

I am paying for mine....

Got it ?
Really? Bottom line, how much is it costing you to keep your fellow citizens healthy? Cos I haven't noticed any huge withholdings from my paycheck. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

If you don't mind that the busboy in your favorite restaurant might have flu or walking pneumonia that he can't afford to be treated for, well, yanno what? We responsible adults want to make sure that he and his wife and his kids have access to healthcare, even if you're just a selfish pig.

Yes, really. Come as a shock to you ?

BTW: I was just offering an alternative interpretation to your rather sad third grader response.

So what am I doing that would be wrong ?

We pay money to the government to enforce healthcodes.....so if the busboy is sick...there are regulations that prevent him from being there. Additionally, no reasonable food establishment is going to allow it.

What call responsible is all too funny. But you keep trying. As near as I can tell, you have more people who have insurance who can't afford health care than ever before.

But why don't we move away from your arrogant/ignorant stupidity and look for some facts. I've been asking if anyone has calculated the cost of GDP (recall it was 16% which the far left said would come down when Obamacare was passed) recently.

Welcome to the world of adults. If you want to pretend that this magically happened following the passage of the PPACA, I'd say you're probably very young.

It has always been the case for the rest of us.

At least you didn't have them turn you away because "Sorry, that's preexisting condition. You can just go back outside and die, because we don't cover that."

Much to their disappointment, the law won't allow them to do that anymore.

Best of luck with your procedure.

Oh, they still do it. They just don't call it a pre-existing condition.

The system always finds it's equilibrium.

I really hope you don't believe Obamacare was an "improvement"

That's the world of adults.

We do have a health insurance delivery issue. Had it for a long time. Still have it.

Ah Flopper you have trapped yourself. Obamacare promised to insure thirty million more people with no increase in costs. You have commonsensically noted that if you are going to have to insure more people someone will have to pay more, and you opine it certainly can't be the poor. First let's remember what I have posted earlier, that having insurance does not promote healthier behavior and therefore does not reduce costs(are you listening Arian?). Let's also add to the mix that obamacare threw 11 million middle class people into poverty. Now Flopper reasons we can't possibly ask the poor to pay for health insurance so we must. Ok I guess we can't get the poor to pay for their own food, their own housing, their own phones, their own anything by your logic. Therefore the "poor" can now expect themselves to be entitled to basically anything they want. So how do I game this. I just quit working, at least above board, and say that I am poor. I will get everything for free not because I deserve it but because I will be categorized as poor. This is not a system that has any chance of longevity because of huge cost overruns. It will fail and people like you Flopper will blame the haves for not doing their duty and the extremely comfortable poor will be laughing all the way to the welfare office.

And A let me assist you with how the costs of obamacare are being passed along. With yearly sometimes double digit increase in my insurance costs. I now pay more for health care than I ever paid for a mortgage.

On a more positive note, my grandson recently came up with a great way to make food stamps more efficient. Have all food stamp recipients have to have their food stamp purchases approved by minders in the grocery stores. This could also be achieved by computers that would track food stamp purchases by each individual to see if they were buying the healthiest and most economical foods. Those that weren't would have to go to food counseling.

50 percent of food stamp increases are going to Latinos, both legal and illegal.

The amount of people receiving food stamps is equal to the people considered to be living below the poverty level, 46 million.

Food stamps have not decreased even as the economy has improved, yet liberals think a 5 percent reduction is criminal. They will never think any reduction is justified, that there can never be a reduction in the welfare state, and therefore liberals can never work bipartisanly to reduce the debt.

Receiving govt assistance has now become a career path.

And let me help some of you dogooders with some facts. We actually have employees that would rather buy their bag of pot than pay rent. So please explain to me why I have to support this behavior and what govt program is going to,change this behavior.

I also see people using food stamps and going to food banks that are not in any way poor.

Health care. if you claim to,have nothing you get everything. If you have anything, you get nothing.

In that case, your doctors are unethical, and are acting illegally.

Are you one of the unfortunates whose governer/legislature decided to abandon its citizens because Obama?

In that case, your doctors are unethical, and are acting illegally.

Are you one of the unfortunates whose governer/legislature decided to abandon its citizens because Obama?

I didn't say it was my doctor.

They've always done it. They still do it.

You think everyone that goes to the ER gets a problem "fixed".

Better get in the real world.

As to you last question. It's great you can't see the world except from your POV.

The governors/legislatures who voted a certain way and affected people were VOTED IN BY THOSE SAME PEOPLE.

Your foolish and less than subtle question only belies your partisan silliness.

Each year we see articles projecting huge increases in premiums but when we look at the actual average increases across the country, the average is 5 to 6%. Before Obamacare, we saw announcements of 30% to 40% increases in premiums in various areas but the averages usually stayed in a range 3% to 5%.

We haven't been saying that for to long considering the aca is still pretty new.
And the point is if it goes up 40% somewhere it's going to price some out of the market and thats a fact.
It'd be no different if your car payment went from six hundred bucks to a thousand...pretty sure you'd be trading it in for a cheaper model.
I really don't remember the details of the $2500, but I'm pretty sure it was meant as an average family savings. It included millions of people that now receive free medical care through the Medicaid expansion in 30 state, plus over 6 million families that get insurance subsidies, and of course those with higher incomes that get nothing from the government.

For those now covered under Medicaid and those receiving large subsidies, the ACA is certainly saving them big bucks. For those that aren't receiving any help from the government, they are paying more. Is the average family saving $2500? I doubt it because it was just a projection and no one really knew what savings would be realized and what additional costs would be incurred.

Obama never specified.

He said......

I have not seen any quotes where he has promised to lower ever family's healthcare premium.

In every one of these clips, Obama is addressing a specific audience, not the entire nation. However, even in these clips he has put limits on what he is promising. For example:

"we will work to lower premiums $2500 a year"
"we will lower premiums by as much as $2500 a year"
"for those who have health insurance we work with your employer to lower the cost as much as "2500" a year"
"we will lower healthcare cost as much as $2500" a year."

And the truth is he has lower healthcare cost for millions of people with low income. He also promised that those who can afford to pay more will pay more.

Obama never specified.

He said......

I have not seen any quotes where he has promised to lower ever family's healthcare premium.

In every one of these clips, Obama is addressing a specific audience, not the entire nation. However, even in these clips he has put limits on what he is promising. For example:

"we will work to lower premiums $2500 a year"
"we will lower premiums by as much as $2500 a year"
"for those who have health insurance we work with your employer to lower the cost as much as "2500" a year"
"we will lower healthcare cost as much as $2500" a year."

And the truth is he has lower healthcare cost for millions of people with low income. He also promised that those who can afford to pay more will pay more.

Seriously? What a hack!!

Forum List

Back