Doctors will not accept it

jliveit

Rookie
Jun 11, 2015
Been on Obama care (Silver Plan) going on two years, $820 per month unsubsidized and my Doctor no longer will accept it nor will several others. Since I will be on medicare in 4 1/2 months I offered to just self pay until then only to find out as long as I have Obama care that they can not legally see me. Called other Doctor offices that do not accept Obama care insurance about self pay until I go on medicare only to be told the same thing. So here I sit with a $820 a month plan that I can not even self pay for a one time visit because of. They say that if I drop my Obama plan then they can see me on self pay. But it sure is good to know at 64 1/2 years old my plan has maternity and child dental that I'm paying for.

i have had no trouble using the bcbs policy i have under the aca

I went through the providers on Anthems BC & BS that showed accepting new patients then got in the car and drove to several offices only to be told they were not accepting new patients or they no longer were accepting my plan. Called Anthem about the situation and was told Doctors could opt out at anytime and not required to notify Anthem. Of course being 1/2 way through the year I am not allowed the change my plan to one that the Doctors do accept. I finally found a county health department (wellfare) that said they take any insurance but I have no choice of the doctor I see.

dont be so hard on the county health department...that is where i was going when they discovered or she discovered and really went out of her way to make sure i got treated

the deductible is a killer...we sat down and look at all the plans and by the time you consider the monthly payment etc and so forth...there is not much difference in the plans really

look what it is doing to regular insurance

about $2400 a month for a fairly bare bones BCBS coverage with high deductible
over $12. per hour cost for a full time employee

instead of being more competitive with individuals buying what they can afford or want

Also - say good bye to lower middle class pay raises & bonuses with a cost like that
No pay raises = less spending = less needed employee's = more people gravitating towards begging McDonalds for $15. an hour

what a cyclical mess!

Been on Obama care (Silver Plan) going on two years, $820 per month unsubsidized and my Doctor no longer will accept it nor will several others. Since I will be on medicare in 4 1/2 months I offered to just self pay until then only to find out as long as I have Obama care that they can not legally see me. Called other Doctor offices that do not accept Obama care insurance about self pay until I go on medicare only to be told the same thing. So here I sit with a $820 a month plan that I can not even self pay for a one time visit because of. They say that if I drop my Obama plan then they can see me on self pay. But it sure is good to know at 64 1/2 years old my plan has maternity and child dental that I'm paying for.

I'm puzzled. For one thing, the PPACA has not been in full effect for two years. For another, it's not a health insurance plan. So when you say "Been on Obama care," with what insurance company are you covered? If your doctor refuses to cover you, it's likely a problem with your insurance carrier.

Last edited:
Drop the insurance. Wait 4 months and sign up for Medicare. Save $3280.

:thup:

And make sure you don't get sick in the meantime...

Life is full of risks.

And some can be avoided. Not, apparently, by people who think "Obama care" is an insurance plan.:dunno:

You're right. Obamacare is not health insurance. It's the name of the ill conceived law that ruined health insurance.

For whom? The millions of Americans who now have access to health care who didn't before?

Drop the insurance. Wait 4 months and sign up for Medicare. Save $3280.

And make sure you don't get sick in the meantime...

Life is full of risks.

And some can be avoided. Not, apparently, by people who think "Obama care" is an insurance plan.:dunno:

You're right. Obamacare is not health insurance. It's the name of the ill conceived law that ruined health insurance.

For whom? The millions of Americans who now have access to health care who didn't before?
What about the millions that had it before. And now can't afford it, again all the deadbeats that drain the system, sure they like it.
It's to the point now that it's better to be a dead beat waiting for your entitlements from the working class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that is for a single person, $820 is insanely expensive.

Since Obama's Fascist Care has made health insurance cost about 40% MORE, how has it provided access? Because the secret police (IRS) go after you if you don't have it?

The OP stated that Fascist Care is $820 a month.

Think about this, someone working full time at $10 an hour will bring home about $1,065 per month. Fascist Care robs them of $820 off the top, leaving them $236 to pay rent, buy food, and transportation for the entire month.

But you say fascist care is HELPING people? :eek:

Since Obama's Fascist Care has made health insurance cost about 40% MORE, how has it provided access? Because the secret police (IRS) go after you if you don't have it?

The OP stated that Fascist Care is $820 a month.

Think about this, someone working full time at $10 an hour will bring home about $1,065 per month. Fascist Care robs them of $820 off the top, leaving them $236 to pay rent, buy food, and transportation for the entire month.

But you say fascist care is HELPING people? :eek:

I say you need some actual facts instead of FAUXNews talking points.

Got facts?

Over $800 is terrible! I pay $100 for excellent care. Usually I have to pay $10-20 for an office visit. Just had cataract surgery in both eyes for $168. And I keep my own dr.!

My gripe is with the list of prescriptions that obamacare covers. My old insurance company paid for everything with a $5.00 copay. Now the copay is above $20.00. One is $45.00! that's IF the prescription is covered most of mine aren't covered anymore at all.

My gripe is with the list of prescriptions that obamacare covers. My old insurance company paid for everything with a $5.00 copay. Now the copay is above $20.00. One is $45.00! that's IF the prescription is covered most of mine aren't covered anymore at all.
I'm sorry, Tipsy.

Forum List

Back