Doctors will not accept it

Been on Obama care (Silver Plan) going on two years, $820 per month unsubsidized and my Doctor no longer will accept it nor will several others. Since I will be on medicare in 4 1/2 months I offered to just self pay until then only to find out as long as I have Obama care that they can not legally see me. Called other Doctor offices that do not accept Obama care insurance about self pay until I go on medicare only to be told the same thing. So here I sit with a $820 a month plan that I can not even self pay for a one time visit because of. They say that if I drop my Obama plan then they can see me on self pay. But it sure is good to know at 64 1/2 years old my plan has maternity and child dental that I'm paying for.
There is no such thing as 'Obama care' as a medical 'provider,' your issue is with the private insurance company from whom you purchased the policy.

If we had reformed with a single payer program – such as the Medicare you're about to enroll in – such problems wouldn't exist.

Been on Obama care (Silver Plan) going on two years, $820 per month unsubsidized and my Doctor no longer will accept it nor will several others. Since I will be on medicare in 4 1/2 months I offered to just self pay until then only to find out as long as I have Obama care that they can not legally see me. Called other Doctor offices that do not accept Obama care insurance about self pay until I go on medicare only to be told the same thing. So here I sit with a $820 a month plan that I can not even self pay for a one time visit because of. They say that if I drop my Obama plan then they can see me on self pay. But it sure is good to know at 64 1/2 years old my plan has maternity and child dental that I'm paying for.
There is no such thing as 'Obama care' as a medical 'provider,' your issue is with the private insurance company from whom you purchased the policy.

If we had reformed with a single payer program – such as the Medicare you're about to enroll in – such problems wouldn't exist.
If Obama had been more transparent with this bill, such problems would not exist.

There is no such thing as Obamacare insurance. What is the name of your insurance plan?

There is no such thing as Obamacare insurance. What is the name of your insurance plan?

I believe it's ACA

Drop the insurance. Wait 4 months and sign up for Medicare. Save $3280.

:thup:

And make sure you don't get sick in the meantime...

Life is full of risks.

And some can be avoided. Not, apparently, by people who think "Obama care" is an insurance plan.:dunno:

You're right. Obamacare is not health insurance. It's the name of the ill conceived law that ruined health insurance.

:thup:
For whom? The millions of Americans who now have access to health care who didn't before?

You mean all those who dont pay a dime for it?
What about the people it screwed over? You know the ones who used to have healthcare but can no longer afford it?

You mean all those who dont pay a dime for it?
What about the people it screwed over? You know the ones who used to have healthcare but can no longer afford it?

Who are these people? Can you post links?

So you dont think a 40% increase is going to price some people right out of the market?:cuckoo:

So you have no evidence?

Oh I could post up all kinds of evidence.
But tit suckers like you will deny every bit of it.
obamacare is a colossal failure and everyone that actually pays for their insurance knows it.

For whom? The millions of Americans who now have access to health care who didn't before?

Since Obama's Fascist Care has made health insurance cost about 40% MORE, how has it provided access? Because the secret police (IRS) go after you if you don't have it?

The OP stated that Fascist Care is $820 a month.

Think about this, someone working full time at $10 an hour will bring home about $1,065 per month. Fascist Care robs them of $820 off the top, leaving them $236 to pay rent, buy food, and transportation for the entire month.

But you say fascist care is HELPING people? :eek:
$820??
Although premiums and subsides vary by age and location, at a wage of $10/hr, subsidies for a singe person at age 30 would cost in range of $40 to $200/mo. depending on the plan in most metropolitan areas

I check healthcare.gov in Orange county Fla, a 30yr old single non-smoker would pay between $42 and $116/mo after subsidies depending on the plan. That's a long way fro $820/mo.

Answer this simple question...
Do you not think that a 40% increase in the cost of healthcare will price a lot of people out of the market?
It's a simple question,answer it.

Show me where you're getting that 40% from. Or just keep repeating it if that's all you can do.

Yeah, thought so...

Last edited:
My gripe is with the list of prescriptions that obamacare covers. My old insurance company paid for everything with a $5.00 copay. Now the copay is above $20.00. One is $45.00! that's IF the prescription is covered most of mine aren't covered anymore at all.
If you purchase a plan through the marketplace, then the formulary is determined by state, however insurance companies may add additional drugs. For plans purchased off the marketplace, the insurance company determines the formulary. Most of these plans will follow the Medicare formulary. You should check the insurance company formulary before buying a plan.

What many people don't understand is that if your doctor decides that the drug is needed to treat your condition, then you can ask the drug company to provide the drug even it's not on the formulary. Your doctor will have to provide information that indicates why this drug is needed in lieu of the other drugs in the formulary. Most of these requests are approved if the doctor pursues it, however you'll probably pay a much higher copay. My son had a drug that was not in formulary that cost about $2700/mo, We got the insurance company to approve it but the cost was $750/mo copay.

Forum List

Back