CDZ Do your political or religious beliefs prevent you from enjoying stuff ?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Tommy Tainant, Feb 21, 2018.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,831

Yes....My religion requires me to pray for my enemies...so I can't go around slapping the crap out of left wingers....

2. Billyboom

Billyboom Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +584
    Political beliefs have nothing to do with your ability to make art, unless it's political art.
    Not liking a performer because of politics is childish.
    I don't like Alec Baldwin but he's great at what he does.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

3. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,295
    My faith means I don't watch certain things that I determine are of no value.
    Since I have determined they are of no value, I don't miss them, and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of life whatever..except perhaps to enhance my ability to enjoy.

4. Yousaidwhat

Yousaidwhat Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,454
    The thought had never crossed my mind.

John Wayne movies, like all westerns were just entertainment. I preferred Clint Eastwood westerns over John Wayne. I liked John Wayne war movies though.

As a musician I grew up with Bruce Springsteen, but preferred The Stones, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and various artist. I don't like politics to define music. I'd wish he would shut up and do what he does best. The same with Ted Nugent. I liked some of his music and played these songs when they were popular. He's a loudmouth gasbag that makes me cringe when I hear him.

Loved Dickens. A literary genius. As with Shakespeare, Hemingway, Twain and other classics.

The movie Philadelphia was good. It brought out the understanding and impact of the AIDS epidemic.

In my early years, through high school and beyond my focus was on my future and a love of music. I was raised listening to Classical music, loved to read and rarely watched T.V. I think I was 28 when I actually watched more than 2 hours of T.V.

I joined the Military for a career and never expected to stay. It was the 70's and there was stagnation and recession.

I was not a very religious person, though my Mother was, nor did I have any political convictions. My interest was Philosophy and knowledge.

I would have been seen as a liberal at this time.

Being married and having children became most important to me and has contributed to most of my profound changes and the successes in my life.

I've enjoyed life. I took my wife and children along for the ride. They realized early on. It wasn't the destination. It was the trip along the way.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  5. TroglocratsRdumb

TroglocratsRdumb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,616
    Entertainers have to compete for an audience.
    Smart entertainers keep their politics to themselves.
    Steve Colbert, Seth Meyers and Jimmy Kimmel are overflowing with contempt for millions of mainstream middle class Americans which makes them unwatchable. Left Wing hate is not entertaining.
    I liked Johnny Carson and Jay Leno. They were balanced.