CDZ Here is your next school shooter.

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
RUTLAND, Vt. —

A federal judge has sentenced a teen who sent death threats to South Burlington High School to probation despite his violation of court orders.

Josiah Leach, 19, appeared Tuesday afternoon in federal court in Rutland.

Prosecutors Michael Drescher and Eugenia Cowles said last week they would ask a judge for a five-year probation sentence.

Judge Geoffrey Crawford agreed and released him from federal custody.

Leach pleaded guilty last October to emailing a "murder list" on April 20, 2017, targeting 16 students and staff.

He was originally released on house arrest, but violated the conditions of his release and was arrested again.

Leach was also kicked out of a mental health program after he set off three smoke bombs and caused the building to be evacuated.

Student who sent death threats to South Burlington HS gets probation

I would be very surprised if this guy didn't shoot up a school.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

I don't think he's gonna go to that school and shoot it up. Why? Because he's on probation for the next 5 years, and if he has any contact with those on his "murder list" or goes anywhere near that school, he will be arrested and put in jail for the next 5 years.

They are going to be watching this kid like a hawk.

RUTLAND, Vt. —

A federal judge has sentenced a teen who sent death threats to South Burlington High School to probation despite his violation of court orders.

Prosecutors Michael Drescher and Eugenia Cowles said last week they would ask a judge for a five-year probation sentence.

Leach pleaded guilty last October to emailing a "murder list" on April 20, 2017, targeting 16 students and staff.

He was originally released on house arrest, but violated the conditions of his release and was arrested again.

Leach was also kicked out of a mental health program after he set off three smoke bombs and caused the building to be evacuated.

What part of this would you like to debate? I think this is a numbers game just like other profiling which I'm both for and against.

I figure each High School has 4 predictable choices for next school shooter in it at any one time.

Do we want to cast that large of a net and remove legal gun ownership rights of maybe 10,000 people to prevent 4 school shootings over a year? If that number is 1,000 is it worth it? 100?

I dunno. I probably fall someplace between the 1,000 and 10,000 mark but don't let me seem like I'm dug in.

Do we want to cast that large of a net and remove legal gun ownership rights of maybe 10,000 people to prevent 4 school shootings over a year? If that number is 1,000 is it worth it? 100?
Which number are you asking about its becoming 1000 or 100? The "4" or the "10K?"

RUTLAND, Vt. —

What part of this would you like to debate? I think this is a numbers game just like other profiling which I'm both for and against.

I figure each High School has 4 predictable choices for next school shooter in it at any one time.

I dunno. I probably fall someplace between the 1,000 and 10,000 mark but don't let me seem like I'm dug in.
In my opinion the problem is not guns.
The problem is not mental health.
The problem is those who should be preventing these incidents are not doing their job.

RUTLAND, Vt. —

The problem is those who should be preventing these incidents are not doing their job.

Hello Billy,

Who is not doing their job in your opinion?

RUTLAND, Vt. —

Hello Billy,

Law enforcement.
The Government.

I don't think he's gonna go to that school and shoot it up. Why? Because he's on probation for the next 5 years, and if he has any contact with those on his "murder list" or goes anywhere near that school, he will be arrested and put in jail for the next 5 years.

you put far too much faith in government law enforcement.

People on parole commit crimes all the time

Yeah the cops show up after the bodies hit the floor.

lol lol lol

Thanks for the comedy post.

RUTLAND, Vt. —

Hello Billy,

Law enforcement.
The Government.

If we are thinking about the FBI I believe it was who did not follow up on the warnings, yup.

It does seem they missed a chance to prevent this. What do you think they should have done?

How many similar warnings do they get a year?

RUTLAND, Vt. —

Hello Billy,

Law enforcement.
The Government.

If we are thinking about the FBI I believe it was who did not follow up on the warnings, yup.

It does seem they missed a chance to prevent this. What do you think they should have done?

How many similar warnings do they get a year?
Depending on the specifics of the tbreat, that was made known to them; they quite possibly could have recommended increased security measures for the school.

Yeah the cops show up after the bodies hit the floor.

The police already understand that their reputation is in the toilet and want to do anything they can to prevent a repeat occurrence.

A second Cruz that fell through the cracks again would make a strong case that the police don't do their jobs. They can't afford another black eye.

RUTLAND, Vt. —

Hello Billy,

Law enforcement.
The Government.

Someone who makes threats like this should be held over in a psychiatric ward pending an evaluation. This is one of the things the government could change in the law that could prevent these things from happening

RUTLAND, Vt. —

Hello Billy,

Law enforcement.
The Government.

Someone who makes threats like this should be held over in a psychiatric ward pending an evaluation. This is one of the things the government could change in the law that could prevent these things from happening

Yes. But, Democrats and the ACLU will not let that happen, not without legal harassment and massive expenses; a big chunk of the public will not support doing the right thing.

RUTLAND, Vt. —

Nobody knows exactly how many AR-15s or AR-15 owners there out there, but I've seen estimates ranging from 5 to 15 million of those weapons currently in circulation in the US. Consider also that there are quite a few other weapons that are semi-automatic and can fire a bunch of bullets in a very short time, both rifles and handguns. Right now the Supreme Court is leaving it up to the states to decide for themselves what's legal and what isn't, which maybe is the best way to go for now. Would they (SCOTUS) rule against a federal ban on AR-15s and the like? Don't know, but I don't think such a ban would make it through Congress or signed by this President.

Hello Billy,

Law enforcement.
The Government.

Yes. But, Democrats and the ACLU will not let that happen, not without legal harassment and massive expenses; a big chunk of the public will not support doing the right thing.

Perhaps true on both ends. The ACLU may end up defending a gun owner's right not to be held in a psych ward.

What were his exact threats?

I would be fine with everyone who makes a threat that they're going to shoot something up or commit murder gets a 30 day stint someplace and loses their right to bear arms for a decade.

Is that what we're thinking would have been the right thing to do?

I boycott the local baseball team but I don't go around saying I'm going to shoot this or that up or MURDER anyone.

Forum List

Back