Do you think we are headed for a new "Religious World War"?

True, but not much more than that among the so called religious right.

.???? huh???----my point is that the PUSH toward theocracy is kinda negligible----like a joke in my neck 'o the woods

Two of the recent major political battles have been Gay Marriage, and Abortion. The right bases their belief on both of those issues strictly on a religious basis. No, we will never be a theocracy. Yes the right is fighting hard to base our laws on their religious beliefs.

one does not have to be religious to dislike abortion. One does not have to be religious to dislike the idea of GAY MARRIAGE. There are issues of ethics and aesthetics---even outside of religion

Yet the legal cases concerning both have been virtually all based on what is seen as religious beliefs.

ok----poetic license------as in GOD IS ON OUR SIDE

No.That's the legal argument they are making.

How do you get a religious war between two religions when 99% of one don't want a war with 99% of the other,

and vice versa?

not so smart a response CAR. My sense is that in 1936----a poll of german citizens, Italian citizens, british citizens and US citizens would ----result in the same stats

So you're happy that people like GW Bush can manipulate the public into supporting unnecessary wars.
Do you ever read how many on the left on this forum are now justifying what Bush did based on recent comments made by Trump?
By the time the election rolls around you'll have amnesty international giving Bush the MOH, just to poke a thumb in Trump's eye.

I'm supposed to care what other people on this forum think to the point I change my own beliefs?

Is that how you operate?

How do you get a religious war between two religions when 99% of one don't want a war with 99% of the other,

and vice versa?

not so smart a response CAR. My sense is that in 1936----a poll of german citizens, Italian citizens, british citizens and US citizens would ----result in the same stats

So you're happy that people like GW Bush can manipulate the public into supporting unnecessary wars.
Do you ever read how many on the left on this forum are now justifying what Bush did based on recent comments made by Trump?
By the time the election rolls around you'll have amnesty international giving Bush the MOH, just to poke a thumb in Trump's eye.

I'm supposed to care what other people on this forum think to the point I change my own beliefs?

Is that how you operate?
Good, we will now expect to hear more unbiased opinions from you in the future, even if they agree with the right.

Maybe I am being way too negative BUT:

• I see another Crusade coming
  • I see Europe becoming majority Muslim within 75 years
  • I she Sharia Law dominating in democratic countries
  • I see Sharia Law challenging the US Constitution if Progressives keep weakening it
  • And I see "World War" coming
I think you are being overly paranoid.

The Islamic reaction is nothing more than a hollow cry against American support of Israel since 1948.

The Islamic terrorism has been nothing more than pin pricks around the world.

Although violent and sensational, these pin pricks have been insignificant although they do indeed make great news copy.

There are a couple of other major threats to peace in the world but they have nothing to do with Islam.

Putin in East Ukraine is a major threat to peace. If he stops there then fine. But that is what was said about Adolf too.

Xi in the South China Sea building artificial islands for his fighter jets and bombers is a problem. Whether he plans to use this in a major offensive to re-conquer Taiwan could then blow up into a major Pacific war. As a new Chinese president there is no precedent for this new guy and what he wants to do or how he wants to do it.

But the Islamists are meaningless in their pin pricks of terrorism.

For the Islamist threat I would suggest avoiding gun free zones since that is where they tend to strike.

Do a risk analysis of your job site and see if there is an Islamist risk or vulnerability. If there is then try to avoid activities such as company dinners or picnics and always sit by a door you so can escape quickly if you hear shooting. Keep a gun in your car locked up in the trunk.

Avoid going to nightclubs at night anywhere in the world. That is where these Islamists mostly like to strike.

Until this jihad has run its course and all the suicide bombers and shooters have blown themselves up, it cannot be business as usual and fun as usual anymore for the rest of us.

Be diligent, be aware, and be safe.

• I see Sharia Law challenging the US Constitution if Progressives keep weakening it
I think you are being overly paranoid.

The Islamic reaction is nothing more than a hollow cry against American support of Israel since 1948.

The Islamic terrorism has been nothing more than pin pricks around the world.

Although violent and sensational, these pin pricks have been insignificant although they do indeed make great news copy.

There are a couple of other major threats to peace in the world but they have nothing to do with Islam.

Putin in East Ukraine is a major threat to peace. If he stops there then fine. But that is what was said about Adolf too.

Xi in the South China Sea building artificial islands for his fighter jets and bombers is a problem. Whether he plans to use this in a major offensive to re-conquer Taiwan could then blow up into a major Pacific war. As a new Chinese president there is no precedent for this new guy and what he wants to do or how he wants to do it.

But the Islamists are meaningless in their pin pricks of terrorism.

For the Islamist threat I would suggest avoiding gun free zones since that is where they tend to strike.

Do a risk analysis of your job site and see if there is an Islamist risk or vulnerability. If there is then try to avoid activities such as company dinners or picnics and always sit by a door you so can escape quickly if you hear shooting. Keep a gun in your car locked up in the trunk.

Avoid going to nightclubs at night anywhere in the world. That is where these Islamists mostly like to strike.

Until this jihad has run its course and all the suicide bombers and shooters have blown themselves up, it cannot be business as usual and fun as usual anymore.

how are things over there in butcher hollaarrrr-------the radiator still functioning ok?

I see you being dead within 75 years, so why care?
Because that will be the world my kids get to live in. If you ever had a woman interested in procreating with you you would understand.

Uh, so you agree with the OP's absurd prognostications. lol

I agree that some of the prognostications of the OP are----
unlikely (see? I am genteel----did not say ABSURD) but
I do see a coming world war
If there is a world war coming it would be from Putin in Ukraine.

Nobody else on this Earth could cause a world war.

Not even Xi in China can cause a world war. He can cause a Pacific or East Asian war but not a world war.

And the Islamists are not significant to cause a war. They are just wasting themselves by blowing themselves up. It is more like suicide by bomb in their case.

Without a doubt, religion has got to be the dumbest reason ever that humans have gone to war over.
It's not about religion it's about support for Israel and about land in the Middle East.

Religion is just the Islamist cover up for their land grabbing trying to get back what the Israelis supposedly took from them.

news war will be fought first in the Arabian sea and Red Sea---and in the Turkish Mediterranean. Russia will be involved as will Iran and Turkey and Saudi arabia

and vice versa?

did you pass high school plane geometry? ------your mind does not seem to follow the necessary logical sequence to prove that angle a = angle b

You claimed 99% of Germans opposed Hitler's invasion of Poland.

and vice versa?

did you pass high school plane geometry? ------your mind does not seem to follow the necessary logical sequence to prove that angle a = angle b

You claimed 99% of Germans opposed Hitler's invasion of Poland.

The German people were not told that invasion of Poland was a WAR------they believed that it was an ACT OF LIBERATION-------that the POLES CELEBRATED. The propaganda footage put out by your pals Adolf et al-----revealed pretty
polish girls singing happy welcome songs to the noble
german troops. Same was true of DER SUDETENLAND---and -----even FRANCE---------it was not until the EASTERN FRONT froze the german kids that the germans knew they were conducting a WAR The germans were LIBERATING ARYANS -----very much like the JIHADISTS are liberating DER UMMAH and saving the world from pansies and jews

.???? huh???----my point is that the PUSH toward theocracy is kinda negligible----like a joke in my neck 'o the woods

Two of the recent major political battles have been Gay Marriage, and Abortion. The right bases their belief on both of those issues strictly on a religious basis. No, we will never be a theocracy. Yes the right is fighting hard to base our laws on their religious beliefs.

one does not have to be religious to dislike abortion. One does not have to be religious to dislike the idea of GAY MARRIAGE. There are issues of ethics and aesthetics---even outside of religion

Yet the legal cases concerning both have been virtually all based on what is seen as religious beliefs.

ok----poetic license------as in GOD IS ON OUR SIDE

No.That's the legal argument they are making.

so??

WW3 started years ago. Islam vs non Islam.
Only the ignorant deny this war is underway.

Only the ignorant don't realize that the US allies in both Iraq and Afghanistan are Muslim.

don't quit your day job------stand-up comedy is not for you

So you deny that we are allied with Muslims in Iraq (vs. ISIS) and in Afghanistan. I'm not surprised, given your countless exhibitions of stupidity.

Only the ignorant don't realize that the US allies in both Iraq and Afghanistan are Muslim.

So you deny that we are allied with Muslims in Iraq (vs. ISIS) and in Afghanistan. I'm not surprised, given your countless exhibitions of stupidity.

you want to call it an ALLIANCE? I never considered the US to be IN ALLIANCE with the TALIBAN----because I am not stupid

you want to call it an ALLIANCE? I never considered the US to be IN ALLIANCE with the TALIBAN----because I am not stupid

Uh, dumb old bag, the Taliban are the anti-government forces. We are allied with the Afghan government. The Muslims who govern Afghanistan.

We are allied with the Muslim government of Iraq against ISIS. This is not a religious war.

No. I see an uprising in these United States against the government (or lack of).

Uh, dumb old bag, the Taliban are the anti-government forces. We are allied with the Afghan government. The Muslims who govern Afghanistan.

We are allied with the Muslim government of Iraq against ISIS. This is not a religious war.

we are both fighting the same enemy-----it is JUST AS MUCH a mistake to call us allies ------as it was to call us allies with the PAKISTANI MUJAHADEEN (aka Taliban) in the 1980s.----who were fighting the Russians so they could set
up a SHARIAH CESSPIT in Afghanistan. People like me---and OLIVER NORTH understood that----way back then

Forum List

Back