Do you think the person needs to serve in the military to be president

I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

There are only three requirements for President...everything else is just the voter's preferences.

According to some there are four.

1) natural born citizen

2) Age 35

3) Having lived in the U.S. for 14 years

4) Being an extreme liberal.

Some people exchange conservative for that fourth requirement.

Immie

"natural born being defined as both parents having also been born in the United States, which means the Usurper in Chief is ineligible to be president."

Sorry.... Couldn't resist.

Its all going to moot anyway.

Most future pres candidates will have been too young to have served in the draft military.

They already are.

Obama was too young for the draft.

In the GOP field - there is Romney, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich old enough to have been drafted - maybe one or two others.

Paul served in the Air Force as a physician. Newt and Romney ducked 'Nam with deferments.

John Kerry served in Vietnam, then scraped his knuckles 3 times while dragging his camera around to record his "heroism" (sic). He was awarded a medal for this "bravery" (sic). He later came back and disgraced himself and our country by lying to Congress about his exploits.

So no, I don't think military service is as important as the the character of person we elect.

There are only three requirements for President...everything else is just the voter's preferences.

1) natural born citizen

2) Age 35

Immie

"natural born being defined as both parents having also been born in the United States, which means the Usurper in Chief is ineligible to be president."

For the record, I did not say nor insinuate that. Nor have I been one of the conspiracy theorist who harp about his citizenship. However, when the issue did first come to my attention, I did entertain the idea that if it were true it would end his hope of becoming POTUS.

Immie

John Kerry served in Vietnam, then scraped his knuckles 3 times while dragging his camera around to record his "heroism" (sic). He was awarded a medal for this "bravery" (sic). He later came back and disgraced himself and our country by lying to Congress about his exploits.

So no, I don't think military service is as important as the the character of person we elect.

What did you do in Viet Nam?

If you think Kerry's Silver Star and Purple Hearts weren't warranted, you should notify the Department of the Navy as opposed to bitching about it on a political message board.

Though, they magically re-investigated all of his awards in the election and found that he was deserving of all of his military honors.

In September 2004, Vice Admiral Ronald A. Route, the Navy Inspector General, completed a review of Kerry's combat medals, initiated at the request of Judicial Watch. In a memo to the Secretary of the Navy, Gordon England, Route stated:[79]
“ Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards

Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place over 30 years ago would not be productive. The passage of time would make reconstruction of the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the information gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the events took place.

Our review also considered the fact that Senator Kerry's post-active duty activities were public and that military and civilian officials were aware of his actions at the time. For these reasons, I have determined that Senator Kerry's awards were properly approved and will take no further action in this matter.

John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take umbrage with what the man did when he got home. But for Ann Coulter, the chickenshit lawyers at Judicial Watch, and anyone else that wants to smear a veteran's honorable combat service should go fuck themselves off a long pier.

It's unnecessary.

1) natural born citizen

2) Age 35

Immie

For the record, I did not say nor insinuate that. Nor have I been one of the conspiracy theorist who harp about his citizenship. However, when the issue did first come to my attention, I did entertain the idea that if it were true it would end his hope of becoming POTUS.

Immie

I know. I was kidding.

What if he's a Democrat and he got three band aids?

Oh, there are a lot of things I didn't do. I didn't:

- Put myself in for purple hearts without missing a single day of duty
- Leave Vietnam on a technicality
- Re-put myself in for purple hearts when my first request was turned down
- Wait for my commander who turned down my purple hearts without my missing a day of duty to be re-assigned then re-re-put myself in for purple hearts
- Leave Vietnam with three "purple hearts" I received without missing a day of duty
- Claim I knew the US was in Cambodia because I was on a river between Cambodia and Vietnam on Christmas when I was never in Vietnam on Christmas and there is no river between Cambodia and Vietnam
- Claim to have thrown the ribbons I still have over the White House fence to protest Vietnam
- Call our troops in Iraq "terrorists"
- Claim I committed war crimes under oath in congressional testimony
- Claim I lived the life of the movie "platoon" while spending three months on a boat

What did you do in Vietnam?

If you think Kerry's Silver Star and Purple Hearts weren't warranted, you should notify the Department of the Navy as opposed to bitching about it on a political message board.

Though, they magically re-investigated all of his awards in the election and found that he was deserving of all of his military honors.

In September 2004, Vice Admiral Ronald A. Route, the Navy Inspector General, completed a review of Kerry's combat medals, initiated at the request of Judicial Watch. In a memo to the Secretary of the Navy, Gordon England, Route stated:[79]
“ Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards

Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place over 30 years ago would not be productive. The passage of time would make reconstruction of the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the information gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the events took place.

Our review also considered the fact that Senator Kerry's post-active duty activities were public and that military and civilian officials were aware of his actions at the time. For these reasons, I have determined that Senator Kerry's awards were properly approved and will take no further action in this matter.

John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take umbrage with what the man did when he got home. But for Ann Coulter, the chickenshit lawyers at Judicial Watch, and anyone else that wants to smear a veteran's honorable combat service should go fuck themselves off a long pier.

It's unnecessary.

You are quite the douche. Your response to every post you disagree with is "write a letter"

Maybe you should stfu and take your own advice.

- Wait for my commander who turned down my purple hearts without my missing a day of duty to be re-assigned then re-re-put myself in for purple hearts
- Leave Vietnam with three "purple hearts" I received without missing a day of duty
- Claim I knew the US was in Cambodia because I was on a river between Cambodia and Vietnam on Christmas when I was never in Vietnam on Christmas and there is no river between Cambodia and Vietnam
- Claim to have thrown the ribbons I still have over the White House fence to protest Vietnam
- Claim I lived the life of the movie "platoon" while spending three months on a boat

So what did you do in Viet Nam?

As I said, if you have a problem with Kerry's medals. Take it up with the Department of the Navy. Judicial Watch already tried to paint Kerry as a "false medial recipient" and failed. The Navy ruled he was entitled to his awards.

So good luck with that.

I didn't do anything in Viet Nam. I wasn't born yet.

I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

No--I do not believe it should be a mandatory requirement to serve in the military for President. We have had great Presidents in this nation that never did do any military time.

However, unlike the clown we have in the oval office right now--our prior President's actually recognized who our enemies were.

View attachment 14726

Who in your view are our enemies?

Well, according to Oreo, he'll only be able to recognize those if he served.

1) natural born citizen

2) Age 35

Immie

Have my copy of the Constitution right here...can you point out where #4 is please?

So what did you do in Viet Nam?

As I said, if you have a problem with Kerry's medals. Take it up with the Department of the Navy. Judicial Watch already tried to paint Kerry as a "false medial recipient" and failed. The Navy ruled he was entitled to his awards.

So good luck with that.

I didn't do anything in Viet Nam. I wasn't born yet.

the navy ruled that they couldn't go back 30 years and determine the truth.

not quite the same thing.

my draft number was 13 in 1973-nixon ended the war- i entered NROTC

And your Viet Nam exploits to compare with Kerry's?

i spent christmas in cambodia with kerry.

we compared our collections of gook ears.

Ah yes...classy assessory being sold and worn at the 1994 RNC

purpleheartbandaid.jpg

What are yours to compare with Bush's? Or is that different?

Forum List

Back