Do you think the person needs to serve in the military to be president

Its all going to moot anyway.

Most future pres candidates will have been too young to have served in the draft military.

They already are.

Obama was too young for the draft.

In the GOP field - there is Romney, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich old enough to have been drafted - maybe one or two others.

Last edited:
I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

Do you really want to get into Bush and his "military" training? You do know he was a pilot of a bird that was not allowed to fly dont you. This was during wartime.

Tell me about Bush's missions. I dare ya. Tell me how his lack of missions prepared him for the presidency as opposed to ANYONE who didnt serve.

Hack. Oh and please name your pick for the next president. I would love to see what military training they have.

Last edited:
I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

Do you really want to get into Bush and his "military" training? You do know he was a pilot of a bird that was not allowed to fly dont you. This was during wartime.

Tell me about Bush's missions. I dare ya. Tell me how his lack of missions prepared him for the presidency as opposed to ANYONE who didnt serve.

Hack. Oh and please name your pick for the next president. I would love to see what military training they have.
More service then the ass we have in office ..

You do realize that entitled ass named Bush did not fly ONE MISSION into cambat. He barely served and again, HE FLEW A PLANE THAT COULD NOT BE USED DURING WARTIME! Smart I guess, but come on..

There was no war going on when the "ass we have in office" was of fighting age.

I guess when the Lebonon war was going on we were not involved. Oh yeah we were. My husband was over there!:cuckoo:

Plus these others were happening in the 80. He is the same age is DH so I know he was of age.

Major civil discontent and violence occurred in the Middle East, including the Iran-Iraq War, the ongoing Soviet-Afghan War, the 1982 Lebanon War, the Bombing of Libya in 1986, and the First Intifada in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

Last edited:
And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

With all of his experience, he turned out to be one of the worst CiC in US history.

If you have a problem with someone being President who wasn't in the military, then you are going to have to change the Constitution. Perhaps, you should be making less posts about this and be writing to your Congress person.

Sure.. whatever.

:lol:

History has shown it really doesn't make much difference

Some who served in the military were very good...Washington, Ike

Some were bad.....Grant,

No--I do not believe it should be a mandatory requirement to serve in the military for President. We have had great Presidents in this nation that never did do any military time.

However, unlike the clown we have in the oval office right now--our prior President's actually recognized who our enemies were.

View attachment 14726

Who in your view are our enemies?

Of course not. Rich kids seldom serve. You assholes won't vote for anyone but fatcats.

speaking of FAT Cats......did you get your 17 year old girlfriend a Lint Roller yet?......im sure she loves it when your fat hairy sweaty carcass is on top of her.....fucking pervert....

And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

With all of his experience, he turned out to be one of the worst CiC in US history.

If you have a problem with someone being President who wasn't in the military, then you are going to have to change the Constitution. Perhaps, you should be making less posts about this and be writing to your Congress person.

You are quite the jackass. She simply posted a question seeking other opinions. Maybe you should write your mother and ask her why your such a fucking retard.

I guess when the Lebonon war was going on we were not involved. Oh yeah we were. My husband was over there!:cuckoo:

Plus these others were happening in the 80. He is the same age is DH so I know he was of age.

Major civil discontent and violence occurred in the Middle East, including the Iran-Iraq War, the ongoing Soviet-Afghan War, the 1982 Lebanon War, the Bombing of Libya in 1986, and the First Intifada in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

Those were all transient conflicts. Not quite the same thing as a protracted 15 year conflict that was fully escalated for at least 8 years.

If you want to give Bush service points for being in the TANG, then fine. But don't insult our intelligence by acting like his service in the TANG wasn't done to avoid going to 'Nam.

Bush even said so in the '94 Houston Chronicle:

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes." [Houston Chronicle, 5/8/94]

So, the option was either join the TANG, blow his eardrum out, or run to Canada. One thing is for certain, his ass sure wasn't going to 'Nam. Good thing he had connections to allow him to jump the line and get into the TANG.

Also note, this quote is form 1994, before Bush had political aspirations. So therefore, it's probably the most honest assessment of why Bush joined the TANG.

Last edited:

Personally, I would prefer that any candidate for POTUS have at least senior commisioned officer (Col. or above) experience but that is me, and I might be persuaded to allow for senior corporate experience at a comparable level, or any other comparable leadership role, but there is something very specific and special about commissioned senior military command that differentiates it from all other leadership experience, especially when we are talking about making them CIC of our military forces.

No, However it does tend to be good experience for the job.

There are only three requirements for President...everything else is just the voter's preferences.

According to some there are four.

1) natural born citizen

2) Age 35

3) Having lived in the U.S. for 14 years

4) Being an extreme liberal.

Some people exchange conservative for that fourth requirement.

Immie

Its all going to moot anyway.

Most future pres candidates will have been too young to have served in the draft military.

They already are.

Obama was too young for the draft.

In the GOP field - there is Romney, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich old enough to have been drafted - maybe one or two others.

What does "draft" have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back