Do You Think It's Ok To Bribe Congressmembers To Get Their Votes?

Do you think it's OK to bribe congress?

• Yes. But I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[But the level of outright bribery--promising future political appointments in exchange for votes, is unprecedented here. That is what distinguishes this as bribery versus traditional give and take politics.
Of course having had this pointed out, you will withdraw from the discussion and go on to some other misinformed view. Like always.

Except that they are unproven allegations.

No, that actually doesn't support Carefuckall's contention either. First it is merely an allegation by a loser. Second, campaign contributions don't go into the pol's pocket.
Now, if the person had been offered a job somewhere, that would be different.

the goalposts are over yonder now.:rolleyes:

Translation: Yeah you're right but I can't admit it.
Thanks!

And just what statute made quid pro quo between the leader of the Senate and a senator, or between the speaker of the house and a representative; or even between the POTUS and a member of congress illegal?

Congress has been built on the concept of 'horse trading'. To my recollection, NEVER has a law been passed to make this illegal.

Read the Constitution. Congress can NOT use tax dollars collected from all citizens to provide a common entitlement and then give certain States sweetheart deals. It is ILLEGAL.
Like the bridge to nowhere?

That was not an entitlement for everyone dumb fuck.

Forum List

Back