Do You Support the Death Penalty?

Do you support the death penalty?

• Total voters
I still don't support the death penalty. If no one has the right to kill another then how can a collective group, or entity acting on that groups behalf such as a government, have the right to kill someone?

see if you feel that way if someone murders your child

I pray that never happens, and I pray I'll have the fortitude not to off the asshole myself. With my family, I don't think anyone who did such a thing would make it to trial. But hopefully, it won't be because of my encouragement.

But I'm pretty committed to non-support of the death penalty. I've been around sex offenders a long time. I'm trying to think if I've ever had close contact with anyone who's killed a kid...I probably have because of the population I deal with....I do know I was responsible for the welfare of predatory and opportunistic (and exceedingly violent) child molesters and rapists...and at the same time, I felt honored and took very seriously my role in keeping the public safe from them.

I have compassion for them. That doesn't mean I want to turn them loose on the world, or would hesitate to drop them with a well placed bullet. I hope they are able to make their way to heaven, whatever that takes...and killing them reduces the time they have to achieve that goal. Thankfully, the true monsters are few and far between. They do a lot of damage along their paths (think John Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer). They can't be cured. They are pathetic, abject specimens of society.

But you know what? Gacy had kids and a wife, and Dahmer had a (yes weird) family. They were executed...but I think of Gacy's children. How horrible for them. The one thing I learned in my brief time working in residential treatment and more extensive time in juvenile detention is that no matter HOW horrible a child's parents are, they LOVE them and would rather be with them than anyone else. They feel sorry for them, they want to help them...and they are innocent of the crimes committed by their parents. I can no longer bring myself to support killing people who can be incarcerated for life. So long as we are able to maintain those beings alive, and keep society safe, I refuse to support the death penalty.

I am a police officer here in South Florida. We are on full alert for a specific person that on Thanksgiving day, got into an argument with his family.

He left came back and killed his twin sisters, one of the sisters was pregnant, his aunt, injured his uncle, and killed his 6 year old niece who was sleeping in her bed.

This man deserves nothing else but death. He does not deserve the luxury of prison where our money goes to support him for decades

There is no truer justice then losing your life if you take a life in cold blood...especially those that are defenseless

So if the jury wrongly convicts an innocent person, they are executed and latter proved innocent should the jury get the death penalty?

If you can find me a perfect justice system I will let them play with the perfection some ascribe to God.

Last edited:
There is no truer justice then losing your life if you take a life in cold blood...especially those that are defenseless

So if the jury wrongly convicts an innocent person, they are executed and latter proved innocent should the jury get the death penalty?

If you can find me a perfect justice system I will let them play God.

I am for death penalties for people that are guilty without a reasonable doubt. No justice system is perfect, but for example...the guy who shot 4 cops in seattle...i know he is dead now..but had he lived.

He should have gotten the death penalty

I am a police officer here in South Florida. We are on full alert for a specific person that on Thanksgiving day, got into an argument with his family.

He left came back and killed his twin sisters, one of the sisters was pregnant, his aunt, injured his uncle, and killed his 6 year old niece who was sleeping in her bed.

This man deserves nothing else but death. He does not deserve the luxury of prison where our money goes to support him for decades

I read about that case. It's horrific. No, he doesn't deserve life. But he has life, it was granted to him by God, for some purpose we won't understand until we join Him in heaven.

I don't see his sentence being commuted. I doubt if we spend more money on him than we do on the ridiculous amounts of money we spend prosecuting kids who are thrown in jail and labeled sex offenders for life because they had sex with their girlfriends who are one year younger than they are.

I am for death penalties for people that are guilty without a reasonable doubt. No justice system is perfect, but for example...the guy who shot 4 cops in seattle...i know he is dead now..but had he lived.

Well he did.

Well he did.

i understand...my point is had he lived tho...the only justice for him would be death

The problem here is every jury that convicts thinks there was no reasonable doubt, even when they convict an innocent person.

Put them in the hell that is US prisons for life and let God or fate sort it out.

No man is wise enough to play at being God.

Using the argument that anyone who kills an innocent or vulnerable person should die, there are a lot of doctors who would be very antsy. And I'm not just talking about abortionists. Many, many drs. take it upon themselves to overprescribe meds or provide ultimately deadly treatment to those who are unable to speak for themselves.

i'm sorry....i don't buy that analogy one bit

you can't compare a doctor who may over prescribe medication for someone and accidently kill them to someone who plans a murder and acts on it

Eeerr ummm, not to digress, but anyone know where I can find one of this over proscribing doctors?

Not Micheal Jackson's however.

i'm sorry....i don't buy that analogy one bit

you can't compare a doctor who may over prescribe medication for someone and accidently kill them to someone who plans a murder and acts on it

Go work in a nursing home for 9 months and get back to me.

Humanity being human doesn't gross me out or make me want to kill it. But I've seen drs prescribe death concoctions, and I've seen nurses deliberately off old/disabled folks.

Of course I didn't. You don't report drs for giving people who are dying pain meds, or nurses who are your supervisors for one day saying they think it would be best for a person to die...and then 6 months later coming on two shifts later to realize that person had died from an OD of insulin given by said nurse....when that patient's insulin went up and down so wildly anyway, there's no way to prove it was intentional. You just get fired. I just left the bidness.

Do you support the death penalty?

Nope!

Here is the problem.. If someone is trying to kill you, and you whack him upside the head with a bat, and he goes down, and then you keep on whacking him, to make sure he NEVER tries to kill you again.. That is charged against you, the individual as attempted murder or murder itself.

So, it doesn't make any goddamned sense at all, that when someone is trying to kill you, you cannot sit there and kill the motherfucker, and put an end to that kind of threat, but the government CAN, only the "threat" is you, the one who swung the bat.

Thats bullshit.

If WE cant do it, then the government certainly should not be allowed to do it, either.

Furthermore, as long as someone is not being killed WHILE in the commission of a deadly criminal act, as a means to neutralize that threat, then they sure as hell shouldn't be killed LATER on. That is a sin. It is called "Wrath". Some idiotic people call it a "punishment", but I say that ending a person's life is cruel and unusual.

It is impossible to claim otherwise also. It is HIGHLY unusual for us to put people who are found guilty of crimes to death. We save the death penalty for people who kill, and that is all. Their drug dealers don't get a lethal injection.. They get released back onto the streets pushing drugs onto more potentially deadly, usually violent offenders.. We don't give the death penalty to people who give the HIV virus to someone who is a skank already. Fuck em, right? Naw man, thats fucked up.. We don't inject people who steal thousands of dollars in merchandise every year from CVS and Walgreens and places like that.. We reserve the fatal injection room for those who "deserve" it somehow, based on them killing someone with intent and who have little remorse. What the fuck- who gives a shit how much remorse someone has? Goddamned conservatives have their priorities all fucked up. Nobody will ever be put to sleep for raping those Gitmo terrorists, or waterboarding. Nah.. No cop will ever get injected for shooting some punk who was unarmed. It is, then, highly unusual for people to be injected fatally, overall.

It can also NOT be contested that it is CRUEL. What can be crueler than taking a persons life? Thats what all the fucking WRATH is about. Anytime you want to use death as a "punishment", you are engaging in WRATH, and ALL action involving Wrath is cruel and dispicable.

My motto when it comes to the death penalty, and the attitude towards the worst murderers and serial killers out there is this:

Dont hate- Rehabilitate- and if they can not- stick em in jail and let em rot.

Of course I didn't. You don't report drs for giving people who are dying pain meds, or nurses who are your supervisors for one day saying they think it would be best for a person to die...and then 6 months later coming on two shifts later to realize that person had died from an OD of insulin given by said nurse....when that patient's insulin went up and down so wildly anyway, there's no way to prove it was intentional. You just get fired. I just left the bidness.

Yes you can prove it- you witnessed it, didn't you.

Forum List

Back