Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
Well, your last line directly contradicts what came before it, whether you choose to see it or not:
"And I have problems with..."
"I have no problem with..."

These are opposite things. Either you have a problem with, or you don't. You can't just shift gears mid-post.

Here's what I'm observing about the rhetorical dynamic -- forget about the "fascists" crap...

We enter a poll asking "Do you shop at Wal-Mart?", which is a yes/no question...

Those that answer 'yes' merely do so, we go on to the next post, life goes on...

Those that answer 'no' are each pounced on by any number of Wal-Mart shills, peppering them with, so far:
"This is why they loved Stalin so much!!"...
"the Liberals can ban Walmart"...
"You're a fucking idiot, and I cannot imagine anyone being more gullible than you without having to be locked up for her own protection"...
"stick in his asshole"...
"fucking retard"...
"to [sic] fucking stupid"...
"stupidity that makes you ignorantly..."
"self righteous ignoramus"....

-- as well as your own more reasoned, less shrill objections to the crime of opting out.
And none of which is visited upon those who answer the poll in the affirmative. Answer "yes", you're free to go. Answer "no", all hell breaks loose.

See your own pattern yet?

Now I ask you --- WHO are the ones with the obsessed fixation here? Which one of us is lashing out from the poverty of their own insecurities?

Defence rests.

I'm not going to revisit 70 pages to find specific examples, but what you claim isn't true.
:link: ?

I only took these from the point where I walked in. And from that point at least, it certainly is true.

So let me get this straight ... I list specific examples verbatim, but you don't have to do that. And then you want "honesty".:lmao:

Not buying it; your denial is naught but gainsaying. That's not refutation. Do your homework and wake me when you actually find some. The point stands.

First post page 2, we have an anti WM poster calling someone names. Is this enough to prove my point or will you further argue??

If the store had the lowest price on something that I wanted yes I would. For those who feel victimized by Walmart's practices I suggest they make themselves better equipped for the job market. Opportunities are plentiful for those who possess the best qualifications, market themselves well and have the wherewithal to commit to what the job market demands.

Huh, in which reality do you reside? Your self righteous indignation of the 47% is disgusting.

I prefer to drive past wal mart. I dont have a grudge againsgt it but I will support my local businesses first. I would like those businesses that were here before wal mart to stay in business rather than let some huge corporation take over.
That being said, I am hoping that walmart employees move up the pay scale very very rapidly compared to their starting wage. If one pretends to pay you, then you should pretend to work.

I prefer to drive past wal mart. I dont have a grudge againsgt it but I will support my local businesses first. I would like those businesses that were here before wal mart to stay in business rather than let some huge corporation take over.
That being said, I am hoping that walmart employees move up the pay scale very very rapidly compared to their starting wage. If one pretends to pay you, then you should pretend to work.

What a childish belief. If a person agrees to work all day long for $1 a day then they should work all day long for that dollar,not bitch about the amount they agreed to work for.

LOL. Well we're probably speaking past each other because we seem to be communicating in different languages here. :)

I thought I was being quite consistent in my point of view, because I do have one pretty well engraved in granite on this particular subject, but if I left another impression through poor communication skills, I apologize.

In a nutshell, I do believe those who demonize Walmart do so out of a preconceived political agenda that has been assigned to them and they have embraced, whether or not they fully understand it. . . . or. . . .

They hold some kind of specific moral opinion about the ethics and morality of Walmart.

And I have problems with opposition to Walmart on such grounds because I believe the opposition to be in error or dishonest. I have done my best to explain why. I have long abhored the practice of demonizing or hurting others purely because those others don't conform to a particular political or moral dictate.

I have no problem with anybody who chooses not to shop at Walmart for whatever reason.

Well, your last line directly contradicts what came before it, whether you choose to see it or not:

These are opposite things. Either you have a problem with, or you don't. You can't just shift gears mid-post.

Here's what I'm observing about the rhetorical dynamic -- forget about the "fascists" crap...

We enter a poll asking "Do you shop at Wal-Mart?", which is a yes/no question...

Those that answer 'yes' merely do so, we go on to the next post, life goes on...

Those that answer 'no' are each pounced on by any number of Wal-Mart shills, peppering them with, so far:
"You're a fucking idiot, and I cannot imagine anyone being more gullible than you without having to be locked up for her own protection"...
"fucking retard"...

-- as well as your own more reasoned, less shrill objections to the crime of opting out.
And none of which is visited upon those who answer the poll in the affirmative. Answer "yes", you're free to go. Answer "no", all hell breaks loose.

Now I ask you --- WHO are the ones with the obsessed fixation here? Which one of us is lashing out from the poverty of their own insecurities?

Defence rests.

I'm not going to revisit 70 pages to find specific examples, but what you claim isn't true. Those who don't like Wal Mart who are posting in this thread have certainly done their share of name calling and such towards those who do.

Yet another example of what I posted in another thread, a thread that strangely not one person has posted in, everyone wants to pretend like "their side" is perfect and "the other side" is a bunch of name calling babies who just want to argue.

Anyone with even an ounce of honesty should feel compelled to acknowledge that that type of bullshit comes from BOTH sides.

I don't choose to see it because the last line of my post contradicts nothing. Whatever one's reason for not shopping at Walmart is their business and I honestly don't care why they don't shop at Walmart. Or why they do for that matter.

Opposing Walmart on false charges is something quite different. And if you can't see that then I doubt you would be able to understand any other argument I might make.

Opposing Walmart on false charges is something quite different. And if you can't see that then I doubt you would be able to understand any other argument I might make.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. What false charges? Are you aware that Walmart is facing charges in several jurisdictions outside the US for unfair business practices, bribery, and other unsavoury acts?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. What false charges? Are you aware that Walmart is facing charges in several jurisdictions outside the US for unfair business practices, bribery, and other unsavoury acts?

No, and neither are you. What you're aware of is that someone TOLD you that was the case, and what WE are aware of is that you're such an obedient, gullible little monkey you shot straight up and went, "Ohmigod, that's TERRIBLE! I can't ever shop there!" without asking a single question.

Still not giving a fuck where you shop, by the way. Just not respecting your choice, your reasons, or you.

And do you have any credible support for this information or do you just parrot the anti-Walmart propaganda that is spread around the internet? Do you honestly believe that the Walmart management is so stupid as to engage in activity that would incur that kind of negative publicity? Or generate lawsuits for unfair business practices, bribery, and other unsavory acts?

Tell me. Why do you choose to believe that kind of propaganda? Are you so gullible that you don't bother to do your own research? Or are you part of the intentional organized efforts to attack Walmart and force them to unionize or conform to some people's preconceived notions about what is socially acceptable?

And no, my asking the question is not demanding that you shop at Walmart nor is it suggesting that you even should. The fact that somebody called somebody a name just because they attack Walmart isn't relevent either. (That was not directed at you but is response to another member on this thread.)

There are all kinds of people in the world. There are those who understand that a free people picks and chooses their own buying preferences, marketing experiences, and how they will live their lives and where they will shop. And there are those who think government should engineer a more perfect life for everybody and people who don't conform should be demonized if not actually punished.

I rather prefer freedom of choice and everybody having as many choices, options, and opportunities as possible. And unless Walmart has the freedom to do business as everybody else has freedom to do business, then there is no freedom.

Last edited:

"fucking retard"...

Defence rests.

I'm not going to revisit 70 pages to find specific examples, but what you claim isn't true. Those who don't like Wal Mart who are posting in this thread have certainly done their share of name calling and such towards those who do.

Yet another example of what I posted in another thread, a thread that strangely not one person has posted in, everyone wants to pretend like "their side" is perfect and "the other side" is a bunch of name calling babies who just want to argue.

Anyone with even an ounce of honesty should feel compelled to acknowledge that that type of bullshit comes from BOTH sides.

I don't choose to see it because the last line of my post contradicts nothing. Whatever one's reason for not shopping at Walmart is their business and I honestly don't care why they don't shop at Walmart. Or why they do for that matter.

Then you just missed the entire point of the post you quoted, even while it sat in the same text box you were writing in. The pattern is the point.

Take a look at the post just before yours; it took all of eight minutes for the next previous post voting in the negative to get contradicted. Then following your post, same thing again. It's not the severity; it's not even the reasoning -- it's a pattern of prescribed thought. One side is bent on changing the minds of the other side, one opinion at a time, by any means necessary. We have a poll where one can vote yes or no, but only one vote is 'acceptable'. If there's a difference between that and some third-world dictator running a "free" election where he somehow ends up with 100% of the vote, it's only that Mal-Wart is not a third-world dictator.

(Or is it?)

For all that gets said about Mal-Wart's tightwadness, I wasn't aware the corporation actually goes to the expense of employing people to sit on message boards and shill for it.

And do you have any credible support for this information or do you just parrot the anti-Walmart propaganda that is spread around the internet? Do you honestly believe that the Walmart management is so stupid as to engage in activity that would incur that kind of negative publicity? Or generate lawsuits for unfair business practices, bribery, and other unsavory acts?

Tell me. Why do you choose to believe that kind of propaganda? Are you so gullible that you don't bother to do your own research? Or are you part of the intentional organized efforts to attack Walmart and force them to unionize or conform to some people's preconceived notions about what is socially acceptable?

And no, my asking the question is not demanding that you shop at Walmart nor is it suggesting that you even should. The fact that somebody called somebody a name just because they attack Walmart isn't relevent either. (That was not directed at you but is response to another member on this thread.)

There are all kinds of people in the world. There are those who understand that a free people picks and chooses their own buying preferences, marketing experiences, and how they will live their lives and where they will shop. And there are those who think government should engineer a more perfect life for everybody and people who don't conform should be demonized if not actually punished.

I rather prefer freedom of choice and everybody having as many choices, options, and opportunities as possible. And unless Walmart has the freedom to do business as everybody else has freedom to do business, then there is no freedom.

Actually, it's Walmart who is filing suits for unfair labor practices against union thugs.

Just to suddenly snap back to the basic question, since those with a negative answer have to be grilled like some Alabama literacy test, think back to Thanksgiving Day when Mal-Wart required employees to work on a national holiday that is built around the family. That's another thing I can't support. My culture is way way way more important than bending over for some fat cat to make yet another buck at the expense of the hearth. That kind of materialistic attitude can go straight to hell and never come back.

Now some company shill will be here in the standard eight minutes to vilify me for taking a step that won't change what I object to. That's not the point. I think of it collectively; if we all refused to enable that kind of thing, the company would be forced to relent, but that starts with one. In that I'm doing my part, which is all I can do. Unlike some here, I don't believe I can do other people's parts for them.

Or as they used to say in grammar school, if "everybody else" jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?"

Last edited:
Just to suddenly snap back to the basic question, since those with a negative answer have to be grilled like some Alabama literacy test, think back to Thanksgiving Day when Mal-Wart required employees to work on a national holiday that is built around the family. That's another thing I can't support. My culture is way way way more important than bending over for some fat cat to make yet another buck at the expense of the hearth. That kind of materialistic attitude can go straight to hell and never come back.

Now some company shill will be here in the standard eight minutes to vilify me for taking a step that won't change what I object to. That's not the point. I think of it collectively; if we all refused to enable that kind of thing, the company would be forced to relent, but that starts with one. In that I'm doing my part, which is all I can do. Unlike some here, I don't believe I can do other people's parts for them.

Or as they used to say in grammar school, if "everybody else" jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?"
These guys had to work on Thanksgiving, too.

052611-ap-soldiers-afghan-helmand-800.JPG

They're not whining.

Just to suddenly snap back to the basic question, since those with a negative answer have to be grilled like some Alabama literacy test, think back to Thanksgiving Day when Mal-Wart required employees to work on a national holiday built that is built around family. That's another thing I can't support. My culture is way way way more important than bending over for some fat cat to make yet another buck on the back of the hearth. That kind of attitude can go straight to hell and never come back.

Nobody 'enabled' anything other than Walmart and its employees. The employees who worked on Thanksgiving Day almost all volunteered to take those shifts because they received premium pay. My friends who worked on Thanksgiving all asked to do so.

And in case you didn't notice, Walgreens, almost all restaurant chains, service stations, and numerous other businesses were all open on Thanksgiving Day. Target started its Black Friday deals at 9 a.m. Thanksgiving morning.

So if you're going to demonize Walmart for opening up on Thanksgiving, at least be fair and demonize everybody. There was a time in America when all businesses were expected to give their employees Sundays off. And there was much grumbling and finger pointing and anger when first one business, then another, then another started opening on Sunday. Some state governments even tried to regulate it with 'Blue Laws'. But now we don't even blink when just about everything is open on Sunday.

Don't like the trends? Don't shop on days you think stores should be closed.

But don't pretend that Walmart is some kind of big bully villain because they take advantage of the trends.

??? Where the hell did that come from? Now we're back to Special Ed's "banning Wal-Mart" strawman. Are you actually suggesting that the Wal-Mart corporation doesn't have
"freedom to do business"?????
:lmao:

Have you been uh, outside in the last twenty years? If that's not "free to do business", I'm the Freaking Queen of Belgium.

you can blame the company all you want, but the reality is if consumers didn't want Wal Mart open on Thanksgiving, they wouldn't be.

Hell myself I think Wal Mart and all other companies should be closed on Sundays as well. I think there is valid evidence to support that when families spent Sundays at home together our country was stronger, but there is a reason companies started opening on sundays. That's what the consumer wanted.

So , you call Wal Mart greedy for opening on a day their customers want them opened? I call that smart business.

Just to suddenly snap back to the basic question, since those with a negative answer have to be grilled like some Alabama literacy test, think back to Thanksgiving Day when Mal-Wart required employees to work on a national holiday built that is built around family. That's another thing I can't support. My culture is way way way more important than bending over for some fat cat to make yet another buck on the back of the hearth. That kind of attitude can go straight to hell and never come back.

Nobody 'enabled' anything other than Walmart and its employees. The employees who worked on Thanksgiving Day almost all volunteered to take those shifts because they received premium pay. My friends who worked on Thanksgiving all asked to do so.

And in case you didn't notice, Walgreens, almost all restaurant chains, service stations, and numerous other businesses were all open on Thanksgiving Day. Target started its Black Friday deals at 9 a.m. Thanksgiving morning.

So if you're going to demonize Walmart for opening up on Thanksgiving, at least be fair and demonize everybody. There was a time in America when all businesses were expected to give their employees Sundays off. And there was much grumbling and finger pointing and anger when first one business, then another, then another started opening on Sunday. Some state governments even tried to regulate it with 'Blue Laws'. But now we don't even blink when just about everything is open on Sunday.

But don't pretend that Walmart is some kind of big bully villain because they take advantage of the trends.

No no no you don't. You tried to pull this on me before, the old MHDIT defense (Mommy, he did it too). The fact is I don't support any store that does that and never did. But don't be jumping on me because the specific topic is Wal-Mart and I chose not to go off on tangents. That's outright dishonest.

??? Where the hell did that come from? Now we're back to Special Ed's "banning Wal-Mart" strawman. Are you actually suggesting that the Wal-Mart corporation doesn't have

Have you been uh, outside in the last twenty years? If that's not "free to do business", I'm the Freaking Queen of Belgium.

You sure do read a lot of stuff that isn't said into posts. I wasn't even thinking 'banning Walmart' in my post. It was in response to one who seemed to think that Walmart was unacceptable for being Walmart and who was accusing it of all sorts of awful things that I don't believe can be supported by anything other than malicious propaganda that is intended to hurt Walmart.

you can blame the company all you want, but the reality is if consumers didn't want Wal Mart open on Thanksgiving, they wouldn't be.

Hell myself I think Wal Mart and all other companies should be closed on Sundays as well. I think there is valid evidence to support that when families spent Sundays at home together our country was stronger, but there is a reason companies started opening on sundays. That's what the consumer wanted.

So , you call Wal Mart greedy for opening on a day their customers want them opened? I call that smart business.

Ah yes, the old "we're only doing what the public wants" canard. Right on time. Like the existence of the SUV :rofl:

The fact is the company (retailer/manufacturer) has to lead that. The consumer is a follower. Exactly what H.L. Mencken meant with "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

The fact is we still have the choice -- for now. And some of us exercise that choice, like it or lump it.

H.L. Mencken didn't say this though:
"When they came for Thanksgiving I said nothing because I wasn't doing anything that night except visiting family..."

You sure do read a lot of stuff that isn't said into posts. I wasn't even thinking 'banning Walmart' in my post. It was in response to one who seemed to think that Walmart was unacceptable for being Walmart and who was accusing it of all sorts of awful things that I don't believe can be supported by anything other than malicious propaganda that is intended to hurt Walmart.

:eusa_boohoo: ::shif:: aw, did da poor widdle megacorp get its feewings hurt? Wah. And how much is Mal-Wart paying you to defend her honour?

Just where did anyone else besides you and Special Ed suggest Mal-Wart shouldn't have the "freedom to do buisness"?

I've got to get out of the house but I'll leave with this platitude, because this is what this is all about:

Speak truth to power.

Last edited:

No no no you don't. You tried to pull this on me before, the old MHDIT defense (Mommy, he did it too). The fact is I don't support any store that does that and never did. But don't be jumping on me because the specific topic is Wal-Mart and I chose not to go off on tangents. That's outright dishonest.

No. It is dishonest to make a post that presumes Walmart is a villain because they opened on Thanksgiving when you don't acknowledge that almost everybody else did too. JTF hit the nail on the head. The reason all those stores were open on Thanksgiving is because so many people wanted to shop on Thanksgiving. Our local Albertsons was open on Thanksgiving too and a whole bunch of people who forgot the poultry seasoning or needed another pound of butter or forgot the ice or dinner rolls were very grateful that they were. And it was profitable for them to be open.

I too enjoyed a gentler, more laid back time when the sidewalks were rolled up by midnight on Saturday night and everybody could look forward to a day off on Sundays. But that world no longer exists in most places in America and Walmart is no more evil than anybody else for recognizing that and adjusting their marketing strategy to accommodate what their customers want and respond to.

And obviously there are a whole bunch of folks who really jumped at the chance for premium holiday pay and preferred to work rather than sit drinking beer and watching endless football games on TV. That is another reality of our modern society.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back