Do you live in a HOA (Home Owners Assoc.) Development?

trailer trash and upper class
as we can see here, HOA are a great way for us to stay apart.

Bonfire away

The more I looked into this, the more terrified I began getting...

Were you literally terrified, or figuratively terrified?

faces.gif

Bonfire away

Too bad you have no idea of relaxation in the great outdoors.

Sitting around a fire with friends in the chill of an autumn evening is as relaxing as it gets.

But you go ahead and stare at the idiot tube because your neighbors won't allow anyone to be outside in their yards after 8 PM.

Fucking sheep.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in some neighborhood full of busybodies.

The very though of some idiot(s) telling me what I can and can't do on my own property pisses me off.

And you couldn't pay me enough to live next door to some asshat, swilling beer, going shirtless, blasting Lynard Skynard at 500 decibels and working on his POS beater out in the middle of his unmowed lawn at midnight. To each his own I guess. :eusa_whistle:

I live on 5 idyllic acres where I can barely see my neighbors houses in the fall and not at all in the summer. I can use a clothesline if I want, I can fly the flag if I want. I can paint my door any color I want, I can have a bonfire in my back yard if I want.

So stick your snobby nose in the air and be a good boy and do what your neighbors tell you and make sure you get permission before you do anything on your own.

I'll do what I want when I want on my own property you can live with the Nosy Neighbor Nazis.

I bet you have a bunker dug out there too. Like you, I chose where I wanted to live. It's all about freedom of choice and I choose to live in a nice neighborhood with the assurance that it will stay that way. I've lived next to bikers who get into drunken fights with their old lady and have the cops called out at 2 AM. Not anymore.

Bonfire away

Sitting around a fire with friends in the chill of an autumn evening is as relaxing as it gets.

But you go ahead and stare at the idiot tube because your neighbors won't allow anyone to be outside in their yards after 8 PM.

Fucking sheep.

ruh ro, I guess I should check with my HOA on the firepit I built in my backyard! :eek:

And you couldn't pay me enough to live next door to some asshat, swilling beer, going shirtless, blasting Lynard Skynard at 500 decibels and working on his POS beater out in the middle of his unmowed lawn at midnight. To each his own I guess. :eusa_whistle:

I live on 5 idyllic acres where I can barely see my neighbors houses in the fall and not at all in the summer. I can use a clothesline if I want, I can fly the flag if I want. I can paint my door any color I want, I can have a bonfire in my back yard if I want.

So stick your snobby nose in the air and be a good boy and do what your neighbors tell you and make sure you get permission before you do anything on your own.

I'll do what I want when I want on my own property you can live with the Nosy Neighbor Nazis.

I bet you have a bunker dug out there too.

Ah there's that snobbishness again. You really do think that because your neighbors run your life that you're just a better person than the rest of us don't you? And no I don't have a bunker but I do have a pistol range underneath my barn. I also have a nice wood shop and a pool room/ pub and mini movie theater in the barn. Too bad your nosy neighbor Nazis won't let you have any fun on your own property.

Like you, I chose where I wanted to live. It's all about freedom of choice and I choose to live in a nice neighborhood with the assurance that it will stay that way. I've lived next to bikers who get into drunken fights with their old lady and have the cops called out at 2 AM. Not anymore.

You give up all freedom of choice when it comes to what you can and can't do on your own property in the name of freedom and choice?

Puzzling.

Last edited:

I bet you have a bunker dug out there too. Like you, I chose where I wanted to live. It's all about freedom of choice and I choose to live in a nice neighborhood with the assurance that it will stay that way. I've lived next to bikers who get into drunken fights with their old lady and have the cops called out at 2 AM. Not anymore.

You give up all freedom of choice when it comes to what you can and can't do on your own property in the name of freedom and choice?

Puzzling.

Maybe he just values indoor plumbing and electricity.

Puzzling.

Well, yes I do.......but being a Boy Scout leader who loves the outdoors, I do know how to dig and use a cat hole.

Bonfire away

Fucking sheep.

ruh ro, I guess I should check with my HOA on the firepit I built in my backyard! :eek:

That's right be a good little sheep.

Puzzling.

Another snob.

Ah there's that snobbishness again. You really do think that because your neighbors run your life that you're just a better person than the rest of us don't you? And no I don't have a bunker but I do have a pistol range underneath my barn. I also have a nice wood shop and a pool room/ pub and mini movie theater in the barn. Too bad your nosy neighbor Nazis won't let you have any fun on your own property.

Like you, I chose where I wanted to live. It's all about freedom of choice and I choose to live in a nice neighborhood with the assurance that it will stay that way. I've lived next to bikers who get into drunken fights with their old lady and have the cops called out at 2 AM. Not anymore.

Puzzling.

I've given up nothing that I didn't want to give up. Life is full of trade-offs that you choose. When I decided to take the job I did, I decided that I could live with wearing casual business attire instead of wife beaters and bermuda shorts. The ultimate freedom is choice. If you can't choose, you aren't free at all.

Speaking of snobbishness, how can you conclude that kwc is not having any fun on his property just because he is not allowed to detonate bombs and run power saws at 2am?

Have you given any consideration that he might not find those "fun" and that he might enjoy the quiet?

I have an idea! Why doesn't Skull Pilot keep living in the country and kwc keep living in the suburbs?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Fucking sheep.

Oh shit, do you think they will say anything about my raised bed vegetable garden too? Since I give away part of my bounty to my neighbors, maybe they will give me an exemption. :eusa_pray:

I currently live in a home in a neighborhood with some covenants.

But I'm going to move, because I have always wanted to have an non-functioning car on blocks in my front yard.

Oh shit, do you think they will say anything about my raised bed vegetable garden too? Since I give away part of my bounty to my neighbors, maybe they will give me an exemption. :eusa_pray:

The vegetables must be certified organic, or they will not accept them.

Puzzling.

I've given up nothing that I didn't want to give up. Life is full of trade-offs that you choose. When I decided to take the job I did, I decided that I could live with wearing casual business attire instead of wife beaters and bermuda shorts. The ultimate freedom is choice. If you can't choose, you aren't free at all.
[Emphasis mine]

Del?

Speaking of snobbishness, how can you conclude that kwc is not having any fun on his property just because he is not allowed to detonate bombs and run power saws at 2am?

Have you given any consideration that he might not find those "fun" and that he might enjoy the quiet?

I have an idea! Why doesn't Skull Pilot keep living in the country and kwc keep living in the suburbs?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Funny thing is, he is being a country living snob. I never said anyone didn't have a right or a reason to live how they want. All I said was I didn't want them invading on my privacy and therefore moved to a place where the things I don't like can't happen. It's all about choice. I love the country and spend a good amount of my time in the wilderness. I respect Skull Pilot's right to live where he chooses and how he chooses. His claims of snobbery is projection on his part.

Puzzling.

[Emphasis mine]

Del?

[Emphasis mine]

Forum List

Back