Do you live in a HOA (Home Owners Assoc.) Development?

I wonder what the OP thinks about historical societies.

Here is a GREAT ONE.

Replacing the windows on the house. We want thermal double pane with UV coating to come up to energy efficient standards.

The city, not a HOA will NOT ALLOW you order what you want as it "will destroy the look of the city" If you want permits then you have to do it THEIR way. And that way is not having energy efficient windows and with ALL original detailing put back into place. sorry you CAN NOT have double hung windows you MUST have casement windows as that is what was there to begin with.

A 25k job just turned into a 75k job.

Its not just the HOA's

But i tell you what, the city has no problem if you turn your house into a dump site and let it go to weeds.

Ah there's that snobbishness again. You really do think that because your neighbors run your life that you're just a better person than the rest of us don't you? And no I don't have a bunker but I do have a pistol range underneath my barn. I also have a nice wood shop and a pool room/ pub and mini movie theater in the barn. Too bad your nosy neighbor Nazis won't let you have any fun on your own property.

Speaking of snobbishness, how can you conclude that kwc is not having any fun on his property just because he is not allowed to detonate bombs and run power saws at 2am?

Have you given any consideration that he might not find those "fun" and that he might enjoy the quiet?

I have an idea! Why doesn't Skull Pilot keep living in the country and kwc keep living in the suburbs?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Who says I run power saws at 2 AM? And even if I did, My neighbors wouldn't hear it. And where did the detonation of bombs come from?

Oh that's right all of us anarchists who like to live on a lot of land and not have the Nosy Neighbor Nazis telling us what to do are just like the Unabomber.

And I can speak of snobbishness. Because I choose not to live in a cookie cutter neighborhood with a postage stamp of a yard it is assumed I live in a slum where people don't mow their lawns and have cars parked in their front yards?

If that is not a snobby elitist asshole remark I don't know what is.

Ah there's that snobbishness again. You really do think that because your neighbors run your life that you're just a better person than the rest of us don't you? And no I don't have a bunker but I do have a pistol range underneath my barn. I also have a nice wood shop and a pool room/ pub and mini movie theater in the barn. Too bad your nosy neighbor Nazis won't let you have any fun on your own property.

Speaking of snobbishness, how can you conclude that kwc is not having any fun on his property just because he is not allowed to detonate bombs and run power saws at 2am?

Have you given any consideration that he might not find those "fun" and that he might enjoy the quiet?

I have an idea! Why doesn't Skull Pilot keep living in the country and kwc keep living in the suburbs?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Funny thing is, he is being a country living snob. I never said anyone didn't have a right or a reason to live how they want. All I said was I didn't want them invading on my privacy and therefore moved to a place where the things I don't like can't happen. It's all about choice. I love the country and spend a good amount of my time in the wilderness. I respect Skull Pilot's right to live where he chooses and how he chooses. His claims of snobbery is projection on his part.

And the remark about overgrown lawns and POS cars all over the place was what exactly?

You give up all freedom of choice when it comes to what you can and can't do on your own property in the name of freedom and choice?

Puzzling.

I've given up nothing that I didn't want to give up. Life is full of trade-offs that you choose. When I decided to take the job I did, I decided that I could live with wearing casual business attire instead of wife beaters and bermuda shorts. The ultimate freedom is choice. If you can't choose, you aren't free at all.
[Emphasis mine]

Del?

Del has a style all his own. :eusa_whistle:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Who says I run power saws at 2 AM? And even if I did, My neighbors wouldn't hear it. And where did the detonation of bombs come from?

Oh that's right all of us anarchists who like to live on a lot of land and not have the Nosy Neighbor Nazis telling us what to do are just like the Unabomber.

And I can speak of snobbishness. Because I choose not to live in a cookie cutter neighborhood with a postage stamp of a yard it is assumed I live in a slum where people don't mow their lawns and have cars parked in their front yards?

The fact that you are judging where kwc lives and insinuating that it is a far inferior situation to your living arrangement is the definition of snobbiness.

"5 idyllic acres", "a pool room/ pub and mini movie theater" - sounds pretty SNOBBY ELITIST to me.

I wonder what the OP thinks about historical societies.

Here is a GREAT ONE.

Replacing the windows on the house. We want thermal double pane with UV coating to come up to energy efficient standards.

The city, not a HOA will NOT ALLOW you order what you want as it "will destroy the look of the city" If you want permits then you have to do it THEIR way. And that way is not having energy efficient windows and with ALL original detailing put back into place. sorry you CAN NOT have double hung windows you MUST have casement windows as that is what was there to begin with.

A 25k job just turned into a 75k job.

Its not just the HOA's

But i tell you what, the city has no problem if you turn your house into a dump site and let it go to weeds.
Yup. Living in a historical district is often a complete nightmare for the same reasons as sometimes living where there is an HOA

Oh shit, do you think they will say anything about my raised bed vegetable garden too? Since I give away part of my bounty to my neighbors, maybe they will give me an exemption. :eusa_pray:

The vegetables must be certified organic, or they will not accept them.

That could be a problem. I believe in better living thru chemicals.

Of course! If chemicals didn't make things better, then why would they make them?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Funny thing is, he is being a country living snob. I never said anyone didn't have a right or a reason to live how they want. All I said was I didn't want them invading on my privacy and therefore moved to a place where the things I don't like can't happen. It's all about choice. I love the country and spend a good amount of my time in the wilderness. I respect Skull Pilot's right to live where he chooses and how he chooses. His claims of snobbery is projection on his part.

And the remark about overgrown lawns and POS cars all over the place was what exactly?

Perhaps a response to all the bullshit about not being able to be outside in your yard after 8 PM, nosey nazi's, etc. You spread bullshit, you reap bullshit. I don't care where you live. Why do you care where I do? And the overgrown lawns and POS cars happened in the neighborhoods I lived in without an HOA......not in the country....although there are plenty there too......just likes nice acreages.

Last edited:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

The fact that you are judging where kwc lives and insinuating that it is a far inferior situation to your living arrangement is the definition of snobbiness.

"5 idyllic acres", "a pool room/ pub and mini movie theater" - sounds pretty SNOBBY ELITIST to me.

You forgot the wood shop and pistol range.

You forgot the wood shop and pistol range.

Not everyone is elite enough to have those fine accessories to their homestead.

Some of us have to drive to the pistol range or tinker in the basement.

Stop rubbing it in.

Perhaps a response to all the bullshit about not being able to be outside in your yard after 8 PM, nosey nazi's, etc. You spread bullshit, you reap bullshit. I don't care where you live. Why do you care where I do?

Look back and see that I made those remarks AFTER you implied that because dislike nosy neighborhood associations that I live in a slum.

The posts are in chronological order so it should be easy to see even for you.

Perhaps a response to all the bullshit about not being able to be outside in your yard after 8 PM, nosey nazi's, etc. You spread bullshit, you reap bullshit. I don't care where you live. Why do you care where I do?

Look back and see that I made those remarks AFTER you implied that because dislike nosy neighborhood associations that I live in a slum.

The posts are in chronological order so it should be easy to see even for you.

Your reading comprehension sucks. You posted about how you couldn't be paid enough to live in a HOA with busybody neighbors telling you what you could and couldn't do. I commented that I couldn't be paid enough to live in a neighborhood next to some guy blasting music at midnight while working on his car in his unmowed yard. I was talking about city neighborhood living. You hadn't yet stated where you lived. Your welcome to check the chronology as you suggested. You stand corrected.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...e-owners-assoc-development-2.html#post2759415

I currently live in a home in a neighborhood with some covenants.

But I'm going to move, because I have always wanted to have an non-functioning car on blocks in my front yard.

i thought that was mandatory in maine? or is it freezers?
:confused:

Here in Oklahoma, we pull the seats out of the cars on the lawn and put them up on the porch so we can watch the twisters coming in. :lol:

I commented that I couldn't be paid enough to live in a neighborhood next to some guy blasting music at midnight while working on his car in his unmowed yard. I was talking about city neighborhood living.

Were you referring to houses like this?

wk-overgrown.jpg

Forum List

Back