Do you know what you are talking about when you post?

Have you ever posted opinions and argued about an issue or incident in the news that

• Me??!!! Never!!!!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • hehehe!!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Each and every time I post.

• Pleading the 5th

• Total voters
I've posted several articles about men who have sex with furniture. Totally out of my realm of understanding. Lol
Sex with furniture!!!!! You mean they go down on desks and dressers? Have anal sex with kitchen stools and stuff like that? Bizarre!!

I went to jail for date raping a dining room chair. I told the officer she was beggin' for it and he kinda understood but had to take me in anyway.

I have to be very careful on economic issues. I'll think I have the right idea about how something works, then learn too late that I have something not quite right. Then it's like, nevermind, I'm not here.

I'm with ya on this but.... one good thing you can ALWAYS fall back on is that when it comes to economics and politics, we are getting fucked. So you can just say,"They're all fuckin crooks"! LOL

Depends. Is there alcohol involved when I'm posting? If so, I can bullshit with the best of them. In all sober seriousness, I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. I don't pretend to know what I don't know. If the subject matter of the thread is something I'm interested in, but don't know the facts ... I'll research. If not, I'll hide in the shadows and read what everyone else writes.

Have you ever posted opinions and argued about an issue or incident in the news that you actually knew absolutely nothing at all about?

This poll will remain private for obvious reasons.

I try to, but I have been known to stick my foot in my mouth. :(

matter of fact this morning ...i was telling someone they must have failed basic bio....blah blah blah...when i decided perhaps i should google what i was calling them stupid over.....i just kinda click out of that page....when i find out how wrong i am...
I sometimes start to agree with them, or see that I might be wrong. When that happens I usually keep arguing for a few post then find another thread. lol

I like to think I always do, but then again, you learn least something new everyday. So I suppose not. I'll be more worried the day I stop learning new things.

There are many keys phrases to determine if someone is guilty of not having a clue what they are talking about when they are posting.

A recent one would be every one who parroted that requiring an acoustic switch would have prevented the BP well blow-out. Instant clueless red flag. It is amazing how many clueless media talking heads parroted this lunacy.

I'd post a response but I don't know enough about what I know to know if I don't know what I know.

I'm always right, unless I'm wrong. The only time I'm wrong is when I don't express an opinion. Vis a vis, I'm always right when I post.

matter of fact this morning ...i was telling someone they must have failed basic bio....blah blah blah...when i decided perhaps i should google what i was calling them stupid over.....i just kinda click out of that page....when i find out how wrong i am...

I've done something sorta like that. I read lots of different things. I have a pretty decent memory. But I have argued (from my vague memory of somethings I maybe read years earlier) and double-clutched after hitting submit. I too decide to go verify what I'm saying. Google is like all cool and shit! :razz:

And sure, it has happened that I was pretty bluntly just plain old fashioned unvarnished -- wrong. Not often, but it has happened a couple of times. That sucks. On the other hand, I have also admitted it when I have fucked such things up.

I've done something sorta like that. I read lots of different things. I have a pretty decent memory. But I have argued (from my vague memory of somethings I maybe read years earlier) and double-clutched after hitting submit. I too decide to go verify what I'm saying. Google is like all cool and shit! :razz:

And sure, it has happened that I was pretty bluntly just plain old fashioned unvarnished -- wrong. Not often, but it has happened a couple of times. That sucks. On the other hand, I have also admitted it when I have fucked such things up.

I know what you mean by posting from memory. Not always reliable. I sometimes find I embellish memory and sort of splice things that I wish had been there, then find too late, they weren't.

"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge. "
— Confucius

But how can we know that we do not know what we do not know?

I think Confucius was saying that when we speak, we should know what we are talking about, and if we do not know what we are talking about, we should not speak. For instance, I would not join a conversation on nuclear fusion, because I have no fucking clue how it works. The fact that I know I should not join that conversation is "true knowledge."

Forum List

Back