Do you have trouble sleeping? What helps you?

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I have Percocet also, and Vicodin, Tramadol, hell the VA just throws drugs at me for pain. Got to go to the "Pain Clinic" on the 28th... phht... I'm in pain, what more do you idiots need to know? No, you CAN'T cut me open again. Percocet gives me a buzz too, and I damn sure can't sleep if I take it too late in the day.

Opiates depress your respiration, but they don't necessarily help you sleep. Same with benzodiazapines. They are a sedative, but they actually hinder you from reaching REM sleep, so they aren't the best thing to use for that.

None of the artificial means of sleep are good for you. Teas help some people, but even then. Waiting until you can sleep is the healthiest way to do it.

I don't disagree, non-pharmacological intervention is the best route for all things non-cancer/bug related. That's just not a reality for a lot of people though.

Some good advice I got was to establish a sleep schedule and when you are trying to sleep repeat the number one or some other random thing that has absolutly no meaning so that your mind can't take it and run with it until you doze off.

One nice thing about being a former infantryman is that I can sleep anywhere. Basically, once I am in the prone position, I am out like a light. I guess it just comes form years of sleeping on the ground.

It drives my wife nuts, as she's a light sleeper.

:evil:

ambien side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the hands, legs, mouth, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thinking; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased coordination; difficulty swallowing or breathing; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory problems (eg, memory loss); mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation, anxiety, depression); severe dizziness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.

that looks scary.

Yeah im awake, just watched a show on rome and octavious...too interesting i guess....turning on the weather channel.

I can never sleep good and I was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

I have trouble falling asleep because my mind keeps going and going about random stuff.

Once I do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

Anyone else have this type of problem? What do you do?

Instead of sheep I count the houses I built starting with the first one in 1969. I visually take them one at a time, and put them into order and the time frame, year and season. They total about an even 100 (I did it the hard way, one at a time, laboring for myself with only a few good people). That's when I'm really having trouble sleeping. Other times, if I've recently done something physical, I visualize my most recent accomplishment, how it went, the way it felt to do it.

i can never sleep good and i was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

I have trouble falling asleep because my mind keeps going and going about random stuff.

Once i do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

instead of sheep i count the houses i built starting with the first one in 1969. I visually take them one at a time, and put them into order and the time frame, year and season. They total about an even 100 (i did it the hard way, one at a time, laboring for myself with only a few good people). That's when i'm really having trouble sleeping. Other times, if i've recently done something physical, i visualize my most recent accomplishment, how it went, the way it felt to do it.

cool!

seriously, if you are having troubles sleeping, the best thing you can do is talk to your doctor and ask about having a sleep study done
it only takes one night and they will find out whats going on

I can never sleep good and I was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

Once I do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

I have been having problems sleeping for a year. This is why you will see me on here at 1am. I get only about five or six hours asleep a night.
I have found pot helps, I only smoke it right before I am going to go to bed. I always sleep pretty well.
Never take ambien.

Have sleep apnea, have a machine, have trouble using the machine. I have always disliked the dark. Add in the uncontrolled or poorly controlled delusional paranoia and I just don't sleep at night. I keep the lights on and sleep during the day if I can, which causes all kind of other problems.

When I was in the military I could sleep anywhere under just about any condition.

A cup of good strong coffee and a big fat skunky joint coffee...works for me..a great way to begin and end each day..
damn, we were thinkin the black copters got you
welcome back

THANKS..oddly enough there was some concern about helecoptors.. I spent a few weeks in the bush tending some plants and ever time a small plane or helecopter flew overhead i must admit I felt a little paranoid...

A cup of good strong coffee and a big fat skunky joint coffee...works for me..a great way to begin and end each day..
damn, we were thinkin the black copters got you
welcome back

THANKS..oddly enough there was some concern about helecoptors.. I spent a few weeks in the bush tending some plants and ever time a small plane or helecopter flew overhead i must admit I felt a little paranoid...

sounds like the movie Goodfellas.

Forum List

Back