Do you have trouble sleeping? What helps you?

You guys are all so helpful, i know i thanked your posts but seriously i really really appreciate it.

My life is very good and this is basically the one thing about it that sucks, i cant sleep.

I can never sleep good and I was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

I have trouble falling asleep because my mind keeps going and going about random stuff.

Once I do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

Anyone else have this type of problem? What do you do?

i wake up numerous times through the night so i usually put talk radio on and fall asleep listening to it, coast to coast is the show i listen to but a warning it can cause weird dreams.

Do they still talk about ghosts and aliens? I like to listen to it but I go with the taped shows and listen during the day. :)

I'm such a chicken.

A cup of good strong coffee and a big fat skunky joint coffee...works for me..a great way to begin and end each day..

So let me get this straight, you have a problem with virtuallly every pharmacologic drug known to man, but you advocate for MJ?

I don't have a problem with MJ per se, but that doesn't strike you as a little odd?

I can never sleep good and I was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

I have trouble falling asleep because my mind keeps going and going about random stuff.

Once I do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

i wake up numerous times through the night so i usually put talk radio on and fall asleep listening to it, coast to coast is the show i listen to but a warning it can cause weird dreams.

Do they still talk about ghosts and aliens? I like to listen to it but I go with the taped shows and listen during the day. :)

I'm such a chicken.

yes they do, anything strange and unusual is open for topic.

damn, we were thinkin the black copters got you
welcome back

THANKS..oddly enough there was some concern about helecoptors.. I spent a few weeks in the bush tending some plants and ever time a small plane or helecopter flew overhead i must admit I felt a little paranoid...

sounds like the movie Goodfellas.

Or the song "Copperhead Road"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc86_Weoye0]YouTube - Steve Earle - Copperhead Road[/ame]

I volunteered for the Army on my birthday
They draft the white trash first,'round here anyway
I done two tours of duty in Vietnam
And I came home with a brand new plan
I take the seed from Colombia and Mexico
I plant it up the holler down Copperhead Road
Well the D.E.A.'s got a chopper in the air
I wake up screaming like I'm back over there
I learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know
You better stay away from Copperhead Road

I'm such a chicken.

yes they do, anything strange and unusual is open for topic.

Is George Norry still one of the hosts? I only stopped listening because I now use my work laptop only and they have that website blocked. I could use my phone maybe. Not sure how practical that is.

some people just dont need as much sleep...i sleep at most 5 to 6 hours a day..i have over 2 days with no sleep...when i was much younger i could go 3 or 4 days with no sleep...i dont do caffine or anything speedy...dont need it.

Good for you! Yeah, I've heard of individuals that do not need more than 6 hours, which to me is amazing! I wish I were like that. If I don't get 7 hours or more, I'm completely useless - to the point that nothing helps me - coffee, redbull, or anything else... However, when I sleep more than 9 hours, I feel as shitty as when I sleep just 5. My body is way too specific about its needs... bleh ...

It's anecdoatal, but I think that's right. When I was in the Army, I went to a school where they intentionally deprived you of food and sleep to replicate combat stress. There were two types of people, those who could go without food and those who could go without sleep.

I could always go without food, but I suck without sleep. Constantly moving for three to four days at a time with now sleep just screws me up. I (and many of my friends) started hallucinating. I am not sure how much of it was a brief psychotic event that was neurological or how much of it was simply the fact that we'd "drone" which means we'd fall asleep while moving and start dreaming.

Either way, I saw some really weird stuff in the Mountains of North Georgia.

I am glad I don't have to do that again.

Last edited:

Ironically enough, I just participated in a sleep survey and had to watch a little video. So let me see what I remember -

1. Bedroom is only for sleeping and being intimate.
2. No alcohol or tobacco shortly before bed.
3. No TV in the bedroom.
4. Cover up the alarm clock numbers.
5. If you can't fall asleep, don't just lay there - get up and read (no TV or computer) until you're sleepy.
6. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends.
7. Bedroom should be dark, cool and basically quiet. Close the windows and doors if you can.

That's all I can think of right now. Maybe there's something that will help. For myself, I usually post here until I'm tired, then crash. :eusa_shhh:

2. No alcohol or tobacco right before bed.

Ambian if you don't mind sleep eating. Just joking I've never tried the stuff.

A friend was on that stuff and would try to cook in his sleep, would order stuff from TV in the middle of the night and not remember it ... all kinds of stuff. Or he'd take another one because he didn't remember taking the first one, etc. Wasn't good for him at all.

For a trial period give up caffine and alcohol.

get a little low impact exersize and eat healthy.

If you start sleeping well you can one at a time add back any of these bad habits to see if you can still partake in them without disturbing your sleep.

Ambian if you don't mind sleep eating. Just joking I've never tried the stuff.

A friend was on that stuff and would try to cook in his sleep, would order stuff from TV in the middle of the night and not remember it ... all kinds of stuff. Or he'd take another one because he didn't remember taking the first one, etc. Wasn't good for him at all.

Yeah, ambian is famous for sleepwalking. I don't like sleep meds just because they knock me out far past the 8-9 hours I need. My wife tried lunesta once and basically was locked in a 9 hour nightmare/pyschoactive state. She won't touch it.

Sleep is really important as they have shown a lack of sleep as a major causitive factor behind depression. If a person goes to the Doctor and complains of depression, they are going to be put on an SSRI or SSNRI, but if the real problem is that they aren't sleeping, that's not fixing the problem. It's just medicating a symptom.

Makes sense.

Yeah, ambian is famous for sleepwalking. I don't like sleep meds just because they knock me out far past the 8-9 hours I need. My wife tried lunesta once and basically was locked in a 9 hour nightmare/pyschoactive state. She won't touch it.

Sleep is really important as they have shown a lack of sleep as a major causitive factor behind depression. If a person goes to the Doctor and complains of depression, they are going to be put on an SSRI or SSNRI, but if the real problem is that they aren't sleeping, that's not fixing the problem. It's just medicating a symptom.

Makes sense.

Yup. He had major depression issues too. Ended up suicidal. :(

Makes sense.

Yup. He had major depression issues too. Ended up suicidal. :(

I am sorry. I hope he got the help he needed.

Lack of sleep will make anyone depressed.

Forum List

Back