Do you ever feel like a TOTAL LOSER in life?

VeganMe

Newly vegan
Jul 28, 2012
Serious question, not joking around.

Compared to other people who have become extremely accomplished and successful in their careers or w/e they do for a living, do you ever feel like a massive nobody? People like Mark Zuckerberg, who are multi-BILLIONAIRES thanks to their own genius inventions make me jealous. Even if I compare myself to someone who has a decent amount of disposable income, nice house, nice car and can afford several vacations per year, I tend to feel jealous of them.

Anyone else ever feel this way?
(I'm not looking for support, just am genuinely curious if others feel the same)...

I promised myself somewhere in the teenage life
I'd never submit to the ones I will not be like
Live in a hole
But stay close to my kind
Cause they understand what burns in my mind ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9JAd7fGUwA]PanterA - Live In A Hole (Vulgar Display Of Power) - YouTube[/ame]

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key. -The Eagles

A vegan is askingthis.??

congrats on savingthe word deep thinker....................

Compared to other people who have become extremely accomplished and successful in their careers or w/e they do for a living, do you ever feel like a massive nobody? People like Mark Zuckerberg, who are multi-BILLIONAIRES thanks to their own genius inventions make me jealous. Even if I compare myself to someone who has a decent amount of disposable income, nice house, nice car and can afford several vacations per year, I tend to feel jealous of them.

(I'm not looking for support, just am genuinely curious if others feel the same)...
P.S.
what you don't know is how much in debt those acquaintances of yours are....

Grass always seems greener on the other side of the street, but when up close...it looks worse than yours....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
outside of that....a lttle bit of jealousy isn't bad as long as it is the fire that sets you in to motion to do something 'about it'.

Sounds like a pretty severe case of class envy to me.
Do you also feel jealous of people you believe to be much poorer than you but are clearly quite happy and content in life? Or do you simply tell yourself, "why wouldn't they be happy, they aspire for nothing more" and forget about them?

I lived most of the50s and ALL of the60s ...................

Next deep question......................................

Do you also feel jealous of people you believe to be much poorer than you but are clearly quite happy and content in life? Or do you simply tell yourself, "why wouldn't they be happy, they aspire for nothing more" and forget about them?

Yeah, class envy is a good way to put it, and no. I'm not talking about happiness, I'm referring to success and wealth - so I'm not jeaous of someone poorer than me. Come on, that makes no sense. :confused:

50s and 60s - you dindt live them smucj...................

whatis yourpointz???????????????/

Yeah, class envy is a good way to put it, and no. I'm not talking about happiness, I'm referring to success and wealth - so I'm not jeaous of someone poorer than me. Come on, that makes no sense. :confused:

So, IMO, you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment as you'll always see others who you feel have achieved more in life or acquired more stuff than you.

With all due respect, I'm guessing you've been called high maintenance a time or two in your life...

Not really, honestly.

I think it all has to do with how you live you life and how you choose your values.

I don't really feel jealous looking at those more fortunate than me. Not anymore at least. I've changed a lot as i've gained new, insighful perspectives regarding life.

I almost feel pity for them, almost. I don't mean to be an stuck-up or anything, but when I see a person practically covered in various, overpriced objects, such as cloths and jewels, etc, I wonder "do those things make them happy?"

Personally, I'm a nature person. I'm happiest when in areas relativly untouched by humans.
Information is my "bling." I love my rabbit named Sparrow :)

Edit: I DO want their money though :p lol. When I see an aston martin or BMW or something like that I think "my god, that could feed so many in Africa".
My charible side is wholly fixated on AFrica.

Last edited:

The only losers are dead. The total losers are the ones that died beliving in some sky fairy thier whole lives and wasted thier lives expecting with thier last breath that there is a promise awaiting them. They will never know it of course because they are dead...but I do. If you are breathing...you are still a winner.

Forum List

Back