Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus?

I believe Jesus was the son of Mary and Joseph [or Mary and a traveling merchant]. Mary and Joseph had lots of other kids, as all married couples did in those days. Joseph was likely much older than Mary (that's why he kinda just disappears later in the book). Jesus grew up, he probably married Mary Magdalene and had another bunch of kids, and then he got caught by the Law and sentenced to a brutal death by the imperial power of the time.

That's the best, and more realistic version of the myth. :clap2:

Technically, you could call all in vitro fertilization virgin birth. You could call turkey baster babies virgin births.

Most likely Ancient Egyptians had that tech already to, so it is possible, just not like how people who believe the myths want it to be.

I always liked Mary being respected. If the only way Christians can the mother of Jesus is to say she was a virgin, so be it.

The mother of all Buddhas--the Prajnaparamita, is not the woman who birthed Siddhartha, the man, who is the historical Buddha of our time. Her name was Queen Maya.

The mother of all the Buddhas--is awareness itself--that which cannot be imagined or described. It is a state of being--not a woman. Out of the experience of being with awareness itself--sentient beings realize their essential Buddha nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not care whether you believe in it or not, since you are not going to believe in Christian teachings anyway. You are not a christian so your belief is irrelevant to the christian faith. I do not believe in your religion so it should not matter to you one bit that I find your reincarnation fantasies to be silly. Christians do not need non Christians to validate their faith just as you do not need Christians to validate YOUR faith.

I do feel sad though when people are presented the word of God and reject it. Those that are taught the Word of God and reject it are probably going to find some difficulties at the Day of Judgement.

Because God banishing all those who may of rejected his word due to man is right? Never did get how God says to forgive yet he gave Adam and Eve one chance and he's going to automatically banish all the sinners to hell? :cuckoo:

Guess that means shellfish eaters too since you're not suppose to eat the stuff. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Because God banishing all those who may of rejected his word due to man is right? Never did get how God says to forgive yet he gave Adam and Eve one chance and he's going to automatically banish all the sinners to hell? :cuckoo:

Guess that means shellfish eaters too since you're not suppose to eat the stuff. :eusa_whistle:

The only retard here is you, but hey thanks for playing. Look I can do the little faces too.....:cuckoo::eek::tongue::lol::eusa_pray:

There are many things in the christian bible that will send the christians to hell if read literally, the ones that pick and choose merely to justify their evil acts against other living things are the ones we need to worry about.

There are many things in the christian bible that will send the christians to hell if read literally, the ones that pick and choose merely to justify their evil acts against other living things are the ones we need to worry about.

Yup another non christian gonna tell us what we should believe, I simply love how you guys think your opinion matters to our faith. Does my opinion matter to yours?

Yup another non christian gonna tell us what we should believe, I simply love how you guys think your opinion matters to our faith. Does my opinion matter to yours?

It would if you hadn't made such an ignorant claim. Many of us 'non-christians' grew up forced to live by that religion, and most of us stopped believing it because of the flaws of people like you.

[YOUTUBE]5RDjd3XtRzA[/YOUTUBE]
The last part (about five minutes before the credits) is why many of us anti-christians exist.

It would if you hadn't made such an ignorant claim. Many of us 'non-christians' grew up forced to live by that religion, and most of us stopped believing it because of the flaws of people like you.

You know nothing about me other then I believe in God. Go sell your prejudice and ignorance to someone else.

That whole statement ... again, is a sweeping judgement, for you to be taken seriously you cannot make such ignorant statements about others then not expect us to make the same about you.

That whole statement ... again, is a sweeping judgement, for you to be taken seriously you cannot make such ignorant statements about others then not expect us to make the same about you.

It is a simple question. Do you need my validation to have faith in your religion? If the answer is no then why would you think I need yours for mine? Pretty damn simple.

You already admitted your ANTI Christian anyway so quit pretending you are anything but a hater.

It is a simple question. Do you need my validation to have faith in your religion? If the answer is no then why would you think I need yours for mine? Pretty damn simple.

You already admitted your ANTI Christian anyway so quit pretending you are anything but a hater.

I never pretended not to hate, on the contrary I admit that I hate quite often so I am easily lead to believe that you either don't read well or just have a poor memory.

Again, most of us grew up learning and being forced to live that religious view you claim to follow. Saying that no one else knows anything about it is ignorance and idiocy showing that you just don't know much about anything else. Anyone can study any religious faith and discuss facts, but when you say they don't know about yours just because they don't believe it ... that's pure stupidity.

I never pretended not to hate, on the contrary I admit that I hate quite often so I am easily lead to believe that you either don't read well or just have a poor memory.

Again, most of us grew up learning and being forced to live that religious view you claim to follow. Saying that no one else knows anything about it is ignorance and idiocy showing that you just don't know much about anything else. Anyone can study any religious faith and discuss facts, but when you say they don't know about yours just because they don't believe it ... that's pure stupidity.

I REPEAT, since you can not seem to answer the simple question.... Do you NEED my validation for your faith to be true or for you to believe it? Simple Yes or No will do.

And if the answer is no, why would you believe I or any other Christian needs your validation for our Faith?

I love it. We have a question and when we answer it, we have all the non believers insisting we are stupid for believing what we do. In other words the question was nothing more than an attempt to try and break our faith.

I REPEAT, since you can not seem to answer the simple question.... Do you NEED my validation for your faith to be true or for you to believe it? Simple Yes or No will do.

And if the answer is no, why would you believe I or any other Christian needs your validation for our Faith?

*eye roll* The problem with that question is that I have already answered it ... several times.

The answer is 'no', but I also do not force my beliefs to be followed by anyone else by making laws or choices for legislation based on those beliefs ...

However, my beliefs are also modified by scientific knowledge, allowing logic to correct the mistakes made by those beliefs instead of ignoring reality to appease over sensitive myths. ALL religion is myth, until science proves one way or the other. Having the myth is fine, but if you cannot learn because of the myth then you are weak willed and lack the IQ that humans should be proud of.

*eye roll* The problem with that question is that I have already answered it ... several times.

The answer is 'no', but I also do not force my beliefs to be followed by anyone else by making laws or choices for legislation based on those beliefs ...

However, my beliefs are also modified by scientific knowledge, allowing logic to correct the mistakes made by those beliefs instead of ignoring reality to appease over sensitive myths. ALL religion is myth, until science proves one way or the other. Having the myth is fine, but if you cannot learn because of the myth then you are weak willed and lack the IQ that humans should be proud of.

In other words, You think you are smarter then everyone else. I get it. We should need you to take care of us for our own good and we should need you to validate our faith, but you are just to smart to need any of us or are validation. Thanks for admitting it.

The only retard here is you, but hey thanks for playing. Look I can do the little faces too.....:cuckoo::eek::tongue::lol::eusa_pray:

Back to the word retard. I can see once again instead of actually answering me, you attack my character.

Good to see you're consistent throughout this board.

Last edited:

:lol: Oh I know Kitten, I've been arguing about such stuff all night long in the other thread.

What I love are the "God-Fearing" politcians who commit adultery but at the same time condemn Gay Marriage and Gays into the same crowd as the worst type of people on the planet.

In bible times, adultery got you dragged out into the town square with the woman you slept with and you got stoned to death. :eusa_whistle:

Jesus was NOT a liberal.....He was pro-life, pro-gun, against homosexuals and pro liberty. Sounds pretty conservative to me.

Please, show us ONE passage in the Gospel of Jesus Christ where Jesus spoke out about being pro gun, against homosexuals sinners, and anti-choice?

I'll be waiting for the Bible Quotes of Jesus, as your PROOF.....

Because imho, Jesus was a radical, and liberal during the time He lived on earth...

He forgave Adulterers, he stopped the death penalty for them, He ignored Church laws and rules and healed the sick on the Sabbath, He admonished the Religious of the Church that ignored the injured man on the side of the road while praising the "lowly" Samaratan for helping, He took the 5 loaves of bread away from their owners and multiplied them to feed the 5000....

He admonished the money lenders, for usery and greed and abusing the every day folk required to exchange their money in order to enter the temple

He told us to forgive those that sinned against us, so that we may be forgiven of our own transgressions....

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't think your opinion is anywhere NEAR THE TRUTH regarding Jesus Christ and i do not believe you will find one passage in the Gospel where Jesus implied anything that you said He did....?

Care

Forum List

Back