Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus?

Absolutely! I believe it! :eusa_liar:...I condemn the fools who dare suggest that Mary, the mother of God, was a whore!

Last edited:
Most modern liberal theologians have generally rejected the virgin birth. They regard it as a religious myth that was added to Christian belief in the late first century CE and was triggered by a Greek mistranslation of the book of Isaiah from the original Hebrew. Its purpose was to make Christianity more competitive with contemporary Pagan religions in the Mediterranean region, most of whom featured their founder having being born of a virgin. Without the claim of a virgin birth, it is unclear whether Christianity could have survived.
The virgin birth of Jesus: Fact or fable?

:lol: @ quoting the bible.

Guess that means we should start burning the nonbelievers too then huh? :eusa_whistle:

If you're going to be a Christian, you can't pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe. The Virgin Birth is clearly outlined in the Christian Bible. (BTW, I'm a Christian.)

(And to the intolerant ones in this thread, nice trolling.)

If you're going to be a Christian, you can't pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe. The Virgin Birth is clearly outlined in the Christian Bible. (BTW, I'm a Christian.)

(And to the intolerant ones in this thread, nice trolling.)

The OP question is do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus?
My answer is yes; as metaphor. Period.

Who do you accuse of being intolerant of Christians in this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP is do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus? Who are you accusing of being intolerant of Xtians?

My answer is yes; as metaphor. Period.

I really do not care whether you believe in it or not, since you are not going to believe in Christian teachings anyway. You are not a christian so your belief is irrelevant to the christian faith. I do not believe in your religion so it should not matter to you one bit that I find your reincarnation fantasies to be silly. Christians do not need non Christians to validate their faith just as you do not need Christians to validate YOUR faith.

I do feel sad though when people are presented the word of God and reject it. Those that are taught the Word of God and reject it are probably going to find some difficulties at the Day of Judgement.

It all depends on whether you're a Bible literalist or if you view Bible teachings as wisdom teaching--instead of science.

I see the Bible as wisdom teachings, not literal scientific truth.

Technically, you could call all in vitro fertilization virgin birth. You could call turkey baster babies virgin births.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back