Do You Believe In Love At First Sight or Soul Mates?

Do You Believe in love at 1st sight or a soul mate?

• Yes. I fell in love at first sight

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes. I have a soul mate

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes. I believe, but has not happened

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes. But he/she got away

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No. No such thing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure.....

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
... have you felt it?
Do you have it?
are you hopeful for it?

Always regarded 'love at first site' an oxymoron. How can you love someone you only known superficially? Lust at best.

Soulmates is Jewish theology though, 'bashert.' Respectfully disagree though. :)

Think we can love, believe in MRI studies documenting the existence of love, just don't think it's a one-person only thing. Think we can fall in love with more than just one person at a time every bit as intensely as the first.

Pretty easy. You can just want to be around that person all the time and never have sex. I did that with my wife.

Loved a gf a dozen or so years ago. Woulda died for her. Then she betrayed me and woulda gladly ripped her niiples off with a pair of rusty pliers. So am kinda done with the whole romantic love thing. :) Both because of the pain of being betrayed (cheated on) and the anger it brought out in me. Better off on my own a modern day hermit in a cave. :)

I think it just happens. If you mean by "open" allow it to progress then you are right. If you clam up it can throw off the dynamic.

if it's real, to me, not matter how much you push, it won't die.
I could be wrong.
It may not die but you can lose it with no guarantee of getting it back or a new one.

then it's not real.
Explain.

how can your relationship with a soul mate "die"?
If you are eternally "entwined" your love will know no bounds.
An irresistible force... no?
No. I said it could end (the relationship) not die. For example I ran into one of my other soulmates at a restaurant a couple of years back and it was still there for both of us.

Be sad, then give up, be happy with yourself, and your one-some....

THEN, it will happen bonzi....when you don't want it or need it, or wish for it............ lol

THEN boom, CUPID'S ARROW, in the center of your heart, like a Mac truck coming out of no where to hit you.

I'm married .. so, there are many people that never find it .. many that are very disadvantaged, but I agree.
If this ever ends ... done... if it happens, great. If not, great. Either way. Life is good.

And I'm happy and encouraged to hear others have found it - (but a little jealous too!) :)

... have you felt it?
Do you have it?
are you hopeful for it?

Always regarded 'love at first site' an oxymoron. How can you love someone you only known superficially? Lust at best.

Soulmates is Jewish theology though, 'bashert.' Respectfully disagree though. :)

Think we can love, believe in MRI studies documenting the existence of love, just don't think it's a one-person only thing. Think we can fall in love with more than just one person at a time every bit as intensely as the first.

Pretty easy. You can just want to be around that person all the time and never have sex. I did that with my wife.

Loved a gf a dozen or so years ago. Woulda died for her. Then she betrayed me and woulda gladly ripped her niiples off with a pair of rusty pliers. So am kinda done with the whole romantic love thing. :) Both because of the pain of being betrayed (cheated on) and the anger it brought out in me. Better off on my own a modern day hermit in a cave. :)
Thats not love. Thats hurt. Love is wishing good for that person regardless.

... have you felt it?
Do you have it?
are you hopeful for it?

I'm sorry Delta.
It's unfortunate we don't all get to live the fairy tale. I'm one also....

... have you felt it?
Do you have it?
are you hopeful for it?

Thats not love. Thats hurt. Love is wishing good for that person regardless.

Love is not selfish. True.

Love is, I think, a highly conditional delusion. Long as eevrything lines up with your mental fantasy you feel it. But when reality alters the delusion, like finding out they're cheating, the emotion is replaced with others.

Love is, I think, a highly conditional delusion. Long as eevrything lines up with your mental fantasy you feel it. But when reality alters the delusion, like finding out they're cheating, the emotion is replaced with others.
I have had a female cheat on me but not any (as far as I know) of the 3 I see as soul mates. It didnt really change how I felt about her as a person. It did change how I felt about staying with her.

Last edited:
"Soul mate" is I suspect a state of mind, a sense of supreme satisfaction with the sublime synching with someone special for that moment.

Man, that was an alliterative traffic jam...

So it's a matter of perceived degree. In that sense it's possible A sees B as a "soul mate" but B doesn't see A that way.

As for "love at first sight" I don't believe, given the nature of love, that that's possible. Instant attraction certainly is, but that's not quite the same thing.

Too analytical?

that's interesting.....
is it POSSIBLE for a soul mate to cheat?

"Soul mate" is I suspect a state of mind, a sense of supreme satisfaction with the sublime synching with someone special for that moment.

So it's a matter of perceived degree. In that sense it's possible A sees B as a "soul mate" but B doesn't see A that way.

As for "love at first sight" I don't believe, given the nature of love, that that's possible. Instant attraction certainly is, but that's not quite the same thing.

Too analytical?

I think of a soul mate as someone you instantly "gel" with and it stays that way over time.....
Not having experienced it I can only resort to fantasy and imaginations of what it might be like....
I get tired of people thinking I'm strange and not understanding me... I figure, there MUST be someone!? ;)

Anyway... I understand what you are saying.... I agree about the instant attraction, but, sometimes, it turns out to be love... I still believe....

that's interesting.....
I would say no. People cheat when they are missing something. A soulmate fills in those gaps.

that's interesting.....
I would say no. People cheat when they are missing something. A soulmate fills in those gaps.

I agree...
I think if you have a soul mate, you would never feel self conscious about asking them for anything or do or approaching them with any want or need (no matter how ... um... different)...

Too analytical?

I think of a soul mate as someone you instantly "gel" with and it stays that way over time.....
Not having experienced it I can only resort to fantasy and imaginations of what it might be like....
I get tired of people thinking I'm strange and not understanding me... I figure, there MUST be someone!? ;)

Anyway... I understand what you are saying.... I agree about the instant attraction, but, sometimes, it turns out to be love... I still believe....
Thats pretty much it. You gel, you fill in where the other is weak instinctively and vice versa. I night add you want to grow together.

Do you not have a fucking job, Bonzi? I mean, Jesus fucking Christ, you sit around thinking about a lot of shit, and most of it is sexual. WTF? Are you undersexed?

Also, I notice that you like to pose a lot of questions. I cannot tell if you are genuinely curious as to what others are thinking or if this is some kind of passive aggressive thing.

Further, in your wet pussy thread you state that you are a "loser" and a "slacker". One view is that you are honest. Another view is that you are harboring some self-esteem issues.

These factors - LOTS of time on the Internet, sexually frustrated, passive aggressive, and self-esteem issues - lead me to wonder if you are suffering from depression.

Do you know what you need? You need a fucking hobby. Maybe you should start knitting or collecting figurines. Whatever, as long as it is not somehow sexual. That is part of your problem.

Maybe get out of the damn house and away from the Internet a couple days each week and volunteer at a soup kitchen or work with cancer kids.

At least that dumbass Chris has a fucking job.

As a follow up, I just made the above post because I like you, Bonzi. You are 51 and the best I can tell you are pissing away your life. It will not be long until you will be old and lose your health and your mind. You need to get away from these psychic vampire assholes on this message board - me included.

I find it more than mildly annoying when someone is pissing away the short time we have in this world. Now, for a dumbass like Chris or Delta, it does not matter because they are fucking oblivious. They may as well be an empty paint can. They are too stupid to be anything but mindlessly happy.

Do you not have a fucking job, Bonzi? I mean, Jesus fucking Christ, you sit around thinking about a lot of shit, and most of it is sexual. WTF? Are you undersexed?

Also, I notice that you like to pose a lot of questions. I cannot tell if you are genuinely curious as to what others are thinking or if this is some kind of passive aggressive thing.

Further, in your wet pussy thread you state that you are a "loser" and a "slacker". One view is that you are honest. Another view is that you are harboring some self-esteem issues.

These factors - LOTS of time on the Internet, sexually frustrated, passive aggressive, and self-esteem issues - lead me to wonder if you are suffering from depression.

Do you know what you need? You need a fucking hobby. Maybe you should start knitting or collecting figurines. Whatever, as long as it is not somehow sexual. That is part of your problem.

Maybe get out of the damn house and away from the Internet a couple days each week and volunteer at a soup kitchen or work with cancer kids.

At least that dumbass Chris has a fucking job.
Hey! Noob! Back the fuck off, asswipe. Did you come here to usmb just to bash everyone? Go back to wherever you came from. Fucking fucktard.

Forum List

Back