Strange Aversions

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Is there anything you are averse to? Maybe that's unusual...?

Mine are:

- long fingernails on men
- tags (on bed sheets, clothing etc.)

Is there anything you are averse to? Maybe that's unusual...?

Mine are:

- long fingernails on men
A girlfriend of mine once said that I dig with my claws (fingernails) like a fucking animal. Well... not always, I usually use a shovel if I need to dig in the dirt, but sometimes I do use my claws. It depends on the circumstances.

Long nails on men is gross.
Maybe it's just a preference....
I had a major crush on a college class mate, but his long nails was a deal breaker... don't care if it was for playing the guitar. That's what they make picks for

I had a major crush on a college class mate, but his long nails was a deal breaker... don't care if it was for playing the guitar. That's what they make picks for
What you don't understand is that picks grow legs and run away when you are not looking. They usually run beneath the drying machine for some unknown reason. How would you feel if some dude kept bashing you into steel wires? Unless you're a masochist, you would run away too.

If you need a guitar pick or a dime or a quarter, just scoot the drying machine over a couple of feet and you will likely find a dozen of them.

yet, men with long nails.. gross....

What you don't understand is that picks grow legs and run away when you are not looking. They usually run beneath the drying machine for some unknown reason. How would you feel if some dude kept bashing you into steel wires? Unless you're a masochist, you would run away too.

If you need a guitar pick or a dime or a quarter, just scoot the drying machine over a couple of feet and you will likely find a dozen of them.

I've got a handy little pick-shaped leather pocket thing on my key ring, holds several picks. I don't remember where I got it but I'm never without a pick. I really recommend it.

$T2eC16R,!%290E9s37F0gVBR0vP!sbrQ~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:
Room deodorizer sprays that smell like FOOD, used in a bathroom. Just wretched.:puke:

Chemical room odorizers in general. Scourge of cheap hotel rooms.
One place, I actually went out to a store and bought a fan, set it up with the door propped open for as long as I could.

For that reason I like hotel rooms with windows that actually open.

I suffer from acute Trypophobia. I can't stand the sight of, for instance, coral. Gives me the creeps.

I wonder what makes us averse to certain things.. has to be a reason!

When I was a wee tyke, no more than five, I took one of those furniture tags that said "Do not remove this tag under penalty of law" and tore it off. Then I went to the window, looking nervously out at the street for cops.

They never caught me. :eusa_dance:

Anybody know what the statute of limitations is on that?

fuck those tags! they are dead to me!!! ;)

I mostly hate the tags on the sheets and on my clothes... too itchy...

Long nails are necessary for nylon string guitars. You do not use a pick for classical guitar.

Damn, Binzi, I certainly hope you are on some kind of medication. You need to relax.

Long nails are necessary for nylon string guitars. You do not use a pick for classical guitar.

Bullshit.

I play both nylon-stringed classical and I fingerpick. And I have no fingernails at all. So they're not at all "necessary".
Besides which --- fingernails break. Fingertips do not.

Bullshit.

I play both nylon-stringed classical and I fingerpick. And I have no fingernails at all. So they're not at all "necessary".
Opinions vary, I will grant you.

Forum List

Back