do you believe "government employees must enforce the law!"

A person can believe whatever he or she wants to believe- that's a wonderful and important right - but religious "freedom" ends at the point where one's personal views affect someone else who doesn't share those views, and needs to be confronted when those views are in conflict with the law of the land. Sorry that so many on the right don't understand that, but that's why we have laws ... to protect the rest of us from the negative impact of their views.

Interesting...when did congress pass this legislation?

A person can believe whatever he or she wants to believe- that's a wonderful and important right - but religious "freedom" ends at the point where one's personal views affect someone else who doesn't share those views, and needs to be confronted when those views are in conflict with the law of the land. Sorry that so many on the right don't understand that, but that's why we have laws ... to protect the rest of us from the negative impact of their views.

I guess you think San Francisco should be jailed because they don't actually comply with federal immigration laws.

Actually the issue has nothing to do with 'religious freedom' in any way, shape, or form – there are no First Amendment 'issues' at stake, no government is seeking to 'violate' Davis' religious freedoms; she's at liberty to practice her faith any way she sees fit, absent interference by government.

It's solely on Davis that she perceives this to be a 'religious issue,' when in fact it's not – and anyone who maintains there is some First Amendment 'issue' in play is only exhibiting his ignorance of the law, or demonstrating the fact he's a liar.

One can make an argument the other way in that a persons right to obtain a marriage license isn't affected by her actions because there are other people who will and do comply with the courts decions. If this is the case then how does her defiance affect people from getting a license consider there are other people who can perform the same ceremony.

do you believe "government employees must enforce the law!"

As the current admiration has shown the law is to be enforced with ones extreme political beliefs. In other words if it violets the far left mantra it must illegal and thus must be enforced, except when a far left drone violates the laws..

they threw that woman in jail for not issuing gay marriage licenses and they tell us "government employees must enforce the law!".

sounds logical.

I also read the Second Amendment which says "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" yet I see government big brothers infringing on that all over the place.

If you are an employee of any government agency--like this Kentucky Clerk--you are required to follow the law. If you don't you put the taxpayers at risk for class action law suits.

I am not certain what this has to do with the 2nd amendment?

they threw that woman in jail for not issuing gay marriage licenses and they tell us "government employees must enforce the law!".

sounds logical.

I also read the Second Amendment which says "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" yet I see government big brothers infringing on that all over the place.

If you are an employee of any government agency--like this Kentucky Clerk--you are required to follow the law. If you don't you put the taxpayers at risk for class action law suits.

I am not certain what this has to do with the 2nd amendment?
Goose/gander.

She didn't listen to the judge and the judge brought the law down on her.

So lets see. all that whining about a police state went the out window for this little old lady eh? sounds about right. Get ready folks. You don't bow to this government or certain groups of people you will now be put in jail.

what a country eh

Hillary, Obama, and half the freaking member's in the Democrat party hasn't followed our laws, yet you see them in JAIL ? I guess that only applies to us LITTLE folks.

How about this LADY ? Not only is she NOT in jail she's collecting a gawddam paycheck we get to pay for.

WHAT A GIG EH

I wonder why we can't get the government to enforce the laws concerning illegal aliens.

I wonder why we can't get the government to enforce the laws concerning illegal aliens.

with Obama, he doesn't like the laws we had on the books, so he just goes and makes up new ones. We've come to the point of it's only "us little people" is suppose to follow the laws . Look at Hillary, she's under investigation for NOT following our laws and is she sitting in jail? naaa, she's out campaigning for President so she can make up more laws we peasants will have to follow.

what a country

Actually the issue has nothing to do with 'religious freedom' in any way, shape, or form – there are no First Amendment 'issues' at stake, no government is seeking to 'violate' Davis' religious freedoms; she's at liberty to practice her faith any way she sees fit, absent interference by government.

It's solely on Davis that she perceives this to be a 'religious issue,' when in fact it's not – and anyone who maintains there is some First Amendment 'issue' in play is only exhibiting his ignorance of the law, or demonstrating the fact he's a liar.
In the opinion of a guy who scored 119 on his LSAT.
That was you.

One can make an argument the other way in that a persons right to obtain a marriage license isn't affected by her actions because there are other people who will and do comply with the courts decions. If this is the case then how does her defiance affect people from getting a license consider there are other people who can perform the same ceremony.
My access to government services does not rely on your religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back