do you believe "government employees must enforce the law!"

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
they threw that woman in jail for not issuing gay marriage licenses and they tell us "government employees must enforce the law!".

sounds logical.

I also read the Second Amendment which says "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" yet I see government big brothers infringing on that all over the place.

The sissies could have gone to the next county and made their sodomite union but the sodomite community intended to make it a federal case. Meanwhile we have sanctuary cities that defy federal law. Do we incarcerate defenseless Christian women for refusing to cater to sissies while illegal maniacs run rampant in "sanctuary cities" putting American lives in danger? The world is upside down in the small liberal mind.

So if the state says to give up your weapons, you will do it.

You are an idiot.

Liberal logic dictates that laws should be enforced if they reflect liberal ideology but ignored if they don't.

A person can believe whatever he or she wants to believe- that's a wonderful and important right - but religious "freedom" ends at the point where one's personal views affect someone else who doesn't share those views, and needs to be confronted when those views are in conflict with the law of the land. Sorry that so many on the right don't understand that, but that's why we have laws ... to protect the rest of us from the negative impact of their views.

The sissies could have gone to the next county and made their sodomite union but the sodomite community intended to make it a federal case. Meanwhile we have sanctuary cities that defy federal law. Do we incarcerate defenseless Christian women for refusing to cater to sissies while illegal maniacs run rampant in "sanctuary cities" putting American lives in danger? The world is upside down in the small liberal mind.
Two wrongs don't make it right. Someone should demand that Obama follow the laws of the land.

they threw that woman in jail for not issuing gay marriage licenses and they tell us "government employees must enforce the law!".

sounds logical.

I also read the Second Amendment which says "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" yet I see government big brothers infringing on that all over the place.
Wrong.

Davis is in jail of her own free will; she can leave anytime she wants by instructing her staff to issue marriage licenses to eligible couples – same- or opposite-sex – without in any way 'violating' her religious beliefs.

Government employees are required to follow the law, to do their jobs in accordance with the law; and if they're unable to do that, they should resign their positions and find employment elsewhere.

As for the Second Amendment, it exists solely in the context of its case law, as is the case with the rest of the Constitution; read its case law to understand what the Second Amendment means.

A person can believe whatever he or she wants to believe- that's a wonderful and important right - but religious "freedom" ends at the point where one's personal views affect someone else who doesn't share those views, and needs to be confronted when those views are in conflict with the law of the land. Sorry that so many on the right don't understand that, but that's why we have laws ... to protect the rest of us from the negative impact of their views.
Tell that to Obama.

sounds logical.

I see or saw, Justice selling guns to drug cartels and DHS not enforcing immigration laws.

Actually the issue has nothing to do with 'religious freedom' in any way, shape, or form – there are no First Amendment 'issues' at stake, no government is seeking to 'violate' Davis' religious freedoms; she's at liberty to practice her faith any way she sees fit, absent interference by government.

It's solely on Davis that she perceives this to be a 'religious issue,' when in fact it's not – and anyone who maintains there is some First Amendment 'issue' in play is only exhibiting his ignorance of the law, or demonstrating the fact he's a liar.

sounds logical.

I see or saw, Justice selling guns to drug cartels and DHS not enforcing immigration laws.

that is but two

there are many more

Actually the issue has nothing to do with 'religious freedom' in any way, shape, or form – there are no First Amendment 'issues' at stake, no government is seeking to 'violate' Davis' religious freedoms; she's at liberty to practice her faith any way she sees fit, absent interference by government.

It's solely on Davis that she perceives this to be a 'religious issue,' when in fact it's not – and anyone who maintains there is some First Amendment 'issue' in play is only exhibiting his ignorance of the law, or demonstrating the fact he's a liar.
I choose to guess the person is ignorant of the law,

In the opinion of a guy who scored 119 on his LSAT.

New Topics

Forum List

Back