Do we need a constitutional convention to remove the second Amendment?

Hey liberals,

What happen to my right to make my own choices?

Your state could regulate guns any way it wanted if there were no 2nd amendment.

You want abortion left up to the states by getting rid of Roe v. Wade? You want same sex marriage left up the states?

Why don't you want gun control left up the states?

...then again you may be one of those conservatives who want the Constitution to ban abortion and gay marriage.

What was originally in the Constitution has no special significance. If it did we'd still have slaves and women couldn't vote.

Actually, the entire Constitution as originally written, still stands, as does the first ten amendments. The document as a whole is considered THE most significant writing by man to date.

Still stands as what?

Is it really considered more significant than the Bible? Oh man, watch out!

God you are a stupid one.

Your original analogy of abortion and gun rights is idiotic at best. (which is what OUR entire conversation has been about)

Do try and stay wiith the conversation kid.

Stupid on it's face, one is an enumerated right while the other is a relatively "new" right suddenly discovered.

States rights are a relatively new right recently discovered? What is that supposed to mean?

You're quite well trained in handing out childish insults and quite lacking in adding any substance to the conversation.

Which makes you a perfect fit on the USMB rightwing.

I got an idea, re implement the death penalty in every state, and use it. Dont let them sit on death row any longer than an appeal should take, and start frying these people. Make it mandatory for all teachers to have concealed carry and actually carry while at school also.
The guns are not the problems, our justice system is.
While we are at it, we should ban spoons for making people fat.

Hey liberals,

Your state could regulate guns any way it wanted if there were no 2nd amendment.

You want abortion left up to the states by getting rid of Roe v. Wade? You want same sex marriage left up the states?

...then again you may be one of those conservatives who want the Constitution to ban abortion and gay marriage.
The Second Amendment exists. Therefore, your alleged argument is invalid.

Hey liberals,

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the principle. Of states rights. Why do guys like you selectively invoke the principle of states rights based on whether or not it suits your agenda?

Why, in PRINCIPLE, shouldn't a specific state be able to ban private ownership of handguns, if that is what the People of that state wanted,

much in the same way a specific state might want to ban all abortion?

btw, a state cannot now ban all abortion because the right to an abortion EXISTS in constitutional law...

Yes, like the Patriot Act, which was continued and expanded by "liberals".

Heh. And you thought you had a point. :lol:

I did, you are just will not admit to being wrong. Who was behind the Patriot Act?

Republicans and Democrats.

Or do you somehow think Democrats bear no responsibility?

:lol:

The Democrats were involved in that sham of a vote on it. Who was behind it, liberals? You really avoid questions.

Bring it up to date. I blame the us, the American people not just the Republican party for allowing that Amendment to remain an archaic part of the constitution, and all for votes and money. We will never stop violence nor the nuts in America but that does not mean we should stop trying. And for America to make it so easy for the nuts to get the means to kill children wholesale is unbelievable.
The Court is not the answer they are just robed politicians with a great job. If one reads the second amendment it sounds like something from the dark ages. That period has long passed. Our militias are now part of the nut groups.

Funny enough, it's been in nations that had the most stringent gun contol laws in modern history that had the highest rates of murdered children in modern history. China, the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany to pick three. Untold millions of children murdered by the very people that enacted and enforced those stringent gun control laws. I don't know about you slick, but I don't trust the leaders in this nation that much. I don't see them being any different or any less capable of committing mass atrocities than the men who led in China, the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, and I for one will not submit to alowing them to be the only ones armed. Our Founders put the 2nd Amerndment in the Constituion not to protect us from the occasional car jacker, rapist or armed robber, but to protect us from leaders like they have/had in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union and China.

Once the government starts manufacturing ways to kill the children, they can use that to persuade the people to agree to almost anything. What's the deaths of 20 children compared to the number of dead children China, the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, Iran, or any other totalitarian nation created? It's nothing. If liberals could use 20 children to disarm the people that's a pittance. They are prepared to murder millions if necessary to create the liberal utopia they intend to create.

No 1 Unkotare reaction: hysteria.

You will be face down when it is over if I am the one called out subject to posse comitatus.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahhahaaaahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahhahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see you posted your real avi below. :lol:

Badass.JPG

:lmao:

Make it stop, please.

:lmao:

Can't. Once Jake gets all bowed up, somebody's going down.

tough-kid.jpg

If the enemies of America are daveman, bigrebnc, Unkotare, and the rest of the goofs, then we have nothing to worry about from those posers.

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the principle. Of states rights. Why do guys like you selectively invoke the principle of states rights based on whether or not it suits your agenda?

Why, in PRINCIPLE, shouldn't a specific state be able to ban private ownership of handguns, if that is what the People of that state wanted,

much in the same way a specific state might want to ban all abortion?

btw, a state cannot now ban all abortion because the right to an abortion EXISTS in constitutional law...
My goodness, you're not very bright, are you?

The 10th Amendment says you're full of crap.

Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

States and local governments have occasionally attempted to assert exemption from various federal regulations, especially in the areas of labor and environmental controls, using the Tenth Amendment as a basis for their claim. An often-repeated quote, from United States v. Darby, 312 U.S. 100, 124 (1941), reads as follows:
The amendment states but a truism that all is retained which has not been surrendered. There is nothing in the history of its adoption to suggest that it was more than declaratory of the relationship between the national and state governments as it had been established by the Constitution before the amendment or that its purpose was other than to allay fears that the new national government might seek to exercise powers not granted, and that the states might not be able to exercise fully their reserved powers.​

But by all means, continue flailing. It's amusing watching you believe you've scored a devastating blow. :lmao:

I did, you are just will not admit to being wrong. Who was behind the Patriot Act?

Republicans and Democrats.

Or do you somehow think Democrats bear no responsibility?

:lol:

The Democrats were involved in that sham of a vote on it. Who was behind it, liberals? You really avoid questions.
Liberals could have ended it. They chose not to. A liberal -- Obama -- authorized its expansion. He could have ended it. He chose not to.

Still want to pretend that liberals aren't responsible?

Forum List

Back