Do We All Have EVIL In Our Heart?

Are We All At Least PARTIALLY Evil in some way?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
For me there's no point in getting worked up over it. I don't need to support a religious belief. Humans are just clever animals, some more, some less. As such we can ponder any myriad of things, some pleasant, some not so much.

Rather than crawling into people's heads I prefer to base my judgments on what they acted out on and how. I don't need to weigh to evilness of a child rapist or examine his life, what made him go wrong and why. That's really more of a liberal method based on moral relativism. I'm the simple sort that would just put the asshole down because there's no fixing a brain that got the wires that mixed up.

If you could exact some sort of revenge on people that have done wrong to you, and, you knew you would not be arrested or anything bad would happen to you, you would not do it? Ever?

For me there's no point in getting worked up over it. I don't need to support a religious belief. Humans are just clever animals, some more, some less. As such we can ponder any myriad of things, some pleasant, some not so much.

Rather than crawling into people's heads I prefer to base my judgments on what they acted out on and how. I don't need to weigh to evilness of a child rapist or examine his life, what made him go wrong and why. That's really more of a liberal method based on moral relativism. I'm the simple sort that would just put the asshole down because there's no fixing a brain that got the wires that mixed up.

Being a Christian, my beliefs are a bit different.
I think we are all evil, but, the only thing that makes us "good" is God.
I'm not saying there are non-Christians who are NOT good. By man's or God's standards. There are non-Christian's that live a more Christian lifestyle than Christians!

The difference is, the REASON you are doing it.
For yourself?
For society/others?
Or for God?

A Christian wants to be pleasing to God and do his will.
I totally understand why non-Christian's find this laughable, that being said....

I do not even live that way, I'm a better agent for the Devil than a non-Believer.

I'm not saying there are non-Christians who are NOT good. By man's or God's standards. There are non-Christian's that live a more Christian lifestyle than Christians!

For yourself?
For society/others?
Or for God?

I totally understand why non-Christian's find this laughable, that being said....

I do not even live that way, I'm a better agent for the Devil than a non-Believer.
Well, I was a Christian for over two decades so I know the drill. For me now a days it is too much like liberalism. Even though one may be a conservative Christian what matters most is your beliefs. Some of the worse customers I have ever had were Christians. Many times I was very tempted to put the international NO symbol (circle with line through it) superimposed over the Christian fish symbol in my phone book ad. Jesus forgave them even before they tried to fuck me.

It isn't just religion or politics though, anytime you put more emphasis on your emotions and beliefs you are less than what you could be and your decision making skills will be hampered. Sometimes greatly so.

For yourself?
For society/others?
Or for God?

Well, I was a Christian for over two decades so I know the drill. For me now a days it is too much like liberalism. Even though one may be a conservative Christian what matters most is your beliefs. Some of the worse customers I have ever had were Christians. Many times I was very tempted to put the international NO symbol (circle with line through it) superimposed over the Christian fish symbol in my phone book ad. Jesus forgave them even before they tried to fuck me.

It isn't just religion or politics though, anytime you put more emphasis on your emotions and beliefs you are less than what you could be and your decision making skills will be hampered. Sometimes greatly so.

Christ did die for our sins, past, present and future.

UNFORTUNATELY, Christians use this as a license to sin.
It makes me wonder if these self professed Christians are really Christians at all.
Willful sinning is NOT a fruit of the Spirit.

I think we are innately bad/selfish/evil.

If there were no repercussions to our actions, I believe we would expose a lot more.
speak for yourself, that attribution is extremely subjective.

we all want to believe we are good deep down inside.
take all restraints off. let's see what happens.....
I have lived without "restraints" as have just about every person I have ever met. Those who are unhappy with themselves, give in to their character defects, are too afraid to look at themselves are the ones that have acted like fools trying to tear others down in one form or another.

I have never met a truly evil person just unhappy ones.

So, there is hope for the Evil?
Evil has always existed and will always exist. Unless a person is severely character disordered to do evil is a choice.

What compels a person to do evil?
Or what are SOME reasons?
Personality disorders, alcohol/drug consumption. No on in their right mind would do something that is "evil" unless that have no regard for the rights of others; that is not a "right" minded person.

For yourself?
For society/others?
Or for God?

It makes me wonder if these self professed Christians are really Christians at all.
It's more like willful excusing. But the point is that it's up to the individual to decide right and wrong as it suits them. And it's based on emotion.
Yes, there's the guide book but the significance of the guide book is based on emotional appeal.

If you could exact some sort of revenge on people that have done wrong to you, and, you knew you would not be arrested or anything bad would happen to you, you would not do it? Ever?

Wronged? In what way? How about give some examples?

hmmmm maybe cost you your job with lies
broke up your marriage with lies
hurt someone you loved

There are only a very FEW things I could think of that someone could do to me where I would actually want to torture them and kill them. I have a really strong conscience, and doing such a thing would REALLY bother me and I probably would not be able to live with myself. I don't like seeing people in pain, so that would not be enjoyable for me at all.

Now, if somebody molested or killed my child, then I might be able to do something terrible to that person. Perhaps if I was a victim of spousal abuse??? Maybe I would want to torture and kill my spouse, but I can't really say as I've never been in that situation personally, so I really don't know how that would affect me. I would like to think I would have left LOOONG before it reached that point.

hurt someone you loved

The first two? Absolutely not.

Hurt someone I loved in what way?

For yourself?
For society/others?
Or for God?

It's more like willful excusing. But the point is that it's up to the individual to decide right and wrong as it suits them. And it's based on emotion.
Yes, there's the guide book but the significance of the guide book is based on emotional appeal.

Understood.

Some believe (Christian or not) that marriage means commitment to one person (sexually and emotionally)
Some believe that if both married persons agree to date others, then, if they are not harming anyone else, it's totally moral.

Again, everyone has "A" God. Themselves normally. Sometimes they wills submit self will to the law of the land and/or let their moral compass be guided by the law of the land. EG - it's not OK to be gay, but, now that it's legal, it is now moral.

I'm sure we all get "temporarily" angry where we might "feel" like we want to kill a person, but when it comes right down to doing the deed, I wouldn't be able to do that. One reason being, I would have to live with that for the rest of my own life.

Better off to just wash your hands of that person and be done with them forever.

hurt someone you loved

The first two? Absolutely not.

Hurt someone I loved in what way?

physically?
emotionally?

Both can be equally damaging

I'm not a big revenge person either...
I used to have a lot of evil thoughts as a child/teenager but I was filled with anger and hate.
It took a lot of time to get over that

For yourself?
For society/others?
Or for God?

Understood.

Some believe (Christian or not) that marriage means commitment to one person (sexually and emotionally)
Some believe that if both married persons agree to date others, then, if they are not harming anyone else, it's totally moral.

Again, everyone has "A" God. Themselves normally. Sometimes they wills submit self will to the law of the land and/or let their moral compass be guided by the law of the land. EG - it's not OK to be gay, but, now that it's legal, it is now moral.

That is a bunch of bullshit. Perhaps some people NEED a religion to be a good person. That certainly doesn't apply to everyone. I am an agnostic/atheist (I have my own doubts at times like anyone else), but I also have a VERY strong moral compass.

Forum List

Back