Do We All Have EVIL In Our Heart?

Are We All At Least PARTIALLY Evil in some way?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I'm not saying are we all completely evil, but, is there something or some THINGS that are evil in our heart that we hide. Is that true for everyone?

Does admitting your evil make you more evil?

Does acting on the evil also double or triple the evil?

What is your opinion ?

I am human, I have the entire array of feelings and no I do not have hate in my heart, I wear it on my sleeve and let the person know my feelings and try to resolve or learn to accept and move on. Same goes for situations, even with myself if I am upset I need to do some inside work could be I am causing my own discomfort.

yes, we are all sinners - don't like talking religion that much, but the answer is yes

To me I find that we make choices 24/7 ..and picture it being like this..

263339_orig.gif

Define evil.

great starting point. Is EVIL the same for everyone or is it self defined. That being said, let's go with the dictionary definition:

EVIL: profoundly immoral and malevolent

The funny thing about this definition, is, it leads to more definition and interpretation. What is "immoral"?
At what point is the immorality and malevolence "profound"? Cheating constantly?

Is cheating on your spouse "immoral"? Is it "evil"?

QUESTION: If you fantasize about exacting revenge on someone to the point of torture or murder, is that "EVIL"?

Define evil.

great starting point. Is EVIL the same for everyone or is it self defined. That being said, let's go with the dictionary definition:

The funny thing about this definition, is, it leads to more definition and interpretation. What is "immoral"?
At what point is the immorality and malevolence "profound"? Cheating constantly?

QUESTION: If you fantasize about exacting revenge on someone to the point of torture or murder, is that "EVIL"?

No, just for the jerk to fall down a flight of stairs, die or something...lol just kidding..

Most people have a moral compass ... many do not this is why we see people hurting others or things.

I think we have a moral compass.

Some use the Bible as that compass. Based on what is read, interpreted either by Preacher or God himself.
Some use their own experiences and what it told to them by others.
THEN, there is the "conscience".... this is intriguing. WHAT exactly IS the conscience? Why is it different for some than others (or is it?)

Define evil.

No, just for the jerk to fall down a flight of stairs, die or something...lol just kidding..

Most people have a moral compass ... many do not this is why we see people hurting others or things.

Perhaps but there is intent and interpretation. With few instances there are many gray areas as to what is evil.

Obsession with the occult and paranormal.

YOUR opinion. EVIL or not?

All human beings have the capacity for good or bad actions. Evil implies that there is no good in a being. That is counter to teachings of the Buddha that all beings have Buddha nature.

Some use the Bible as that compass. Based on what is read, interpreted either by Preacher or God himself.
THEN, there is the "conscience".... this is intriguing. WHAT exactly IS the conscience? Why is it different for some than others (or is it?)

Their experiences in childhood...or brain chemistry.. Have you ever met anyone with out a conscious..? it is like they are numb to the evil they do..like the mass murderers, or look at Ted Bundy, Manson, those creepy people.. How could you heart another living thing? It was like they were charged by it, while it would haunt you and I....and maybe IceWeasle...lol :beer:

I'm not saying are we all completely evil, but, is there something or some THINGS that are evil in our heart that we hide. Is that true for everyone?

Does admitting your evil make you more evil?

Does acting on the evil also double or triple the evil?

What is your opinion ?
If I thought I could get away with robbing a bank, I probably would.

Define evil.

Perhaps but there is intent and interpretation. With few instances there are many gray areas as to what is evil.

Right, like look at the kids raising the bible and cursing others that are not white, they were taught by their skin head parents to hate like that.. I feel kids are born with a clean slate, and their experiences mold who they will be..
Personally I feel babies in the womb feel a lot of their environment, which is an important time as the brain is forming.

All human beings have the capacity for good or bad actions. Evil implies that there is no good in a being. That is counter to teachings of the Buddha that all beings have Buddha nature.

I think there is potential for good in all.
Because I think we are all created in the image of God (my belief).
But to tap into that "goodness" we have to allow him to live within us and guide us, as our Lord.
Only then, can we truly be compassionate and loving to others. Because, God does want us to love him most of all, but, to do that, we also have to love each others. With compassion, forgiveness, understanding and a kind a meek heart. Not with haughty judgmental attitudes.

Define evil.

Right, like look at the kids raising the bible and cursing others that are not white, they were taught by their skin head parents to hate like that.. I feel kids are born with a clean slate, and their experiences mold who they will be..
Personally I feel babies in the womb feel a lot of their environment, which is an important time as the brain is forming.

I agree with you as it pertains your your example.

However, sdo many "harms", "evils" and "injuries" are subjective and forced down our throats. I know I am not insensitive to others but there are lines that must be drawn.

Not everyone believes in Buddha or the teachings or beliefs therein.

Their experiences in childhood...or brain chemistry.. Have you ever met anyone with out a conscious..? it is like they are numb to the evil they do..like the mass murderers, or look at Ted Bundy, Manson, those creepy people.. How could you heart another living thing? It was like they were charged by it, while it would haunt you and I....and maybe IceWeasle...lol :beer:

What's worse though? A Ted Bundy, or a contract killer? Serial killers are psychologically damaged and are doing it for a warped pleasure, mostly due to disassociate disorders brought on by traumatic pasts.

Contract killers view people's lives as a job. A simple task to be done an forgotten.

Forum List

Back