Do walls work, yes or no?

Do walls work keeping out at least 95% of the potential crossers?

• Yes, DHS are the experts on this subject matter.

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • NO, I will document my proof

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Prison walls are designed to keep the inmates in. They sure as hell do work. When did anyone ever build a prison without walls? Here's irrefutable proof that walls work:

iu

Prisoners and other jail inmates escape from incarceration quite often. The reason most do not is because the penalty is more prison time; not because they cannot.

Walls do not work when you have a motivated population on either side.
Quite often? You mean perhaps a dozen escape out of 2 million? Yeah, that sure demonstrates how walls don't work.

If many wanted to escape, they could. They make a choice not to.
If walls worked, there would be no drugs in prison. Instead, we have prisoners OD’ing on drugs.
ROFL! What a fucking brain dead douche. So they don't want to escape, all two million of them? Not even you believe that.

Lord.

No…what I said was that many could escape if they wanted to (jail or prison etc…). Most can’t.
When I was in pubsec we had trustees come and pick up our recycling out of the basement once a week. There were like 8 of them picking up our garbage cans. The guard had a pistol but the prisoners were not restrained in any way at all. They could certainly have escaped.

I imagine that the Harris County model of convict labor isn’t unique.

Walls do keep people from breaking into Prison….that and there being nothing inside Prison that would encourage anyone to break in. LOL

We do have a prison drug problem it seems. How are drugs getting in if we have walls?
So they didn't try to escape when they had an armed guard watching them constantly, but then at the end of the day went back to prison and kept behind walls, because guards don't want to be on duty 24 hours a day.

You didn't prove your point.

Furthermore, when people escape from prison, it's often when they are on these details outside of the prison walls.

I bet most of the "journalists" who pretend to be against "walls" actually live behind a wall or a gate in a gated community and quite possibly the anti-2nd Amendment hypocrites including left wing politicians utilize armed guards.

Yup. Damned right walls work. Pelousy has a wall around her house. Doubt illegal aliens get onto her grounds.

Walls work. The one in Israel has been working for years.

The wall will keep illegals out and save we the tax payer billions every year. It will also save American citizens from robbery, rape and murder at their hands.

Once up we can boot those that are here out.

More than works for me.

idiot ^^^^^^^^^^

:auiqs.jpg:

LMAO You're the idiot if you don't mind paying billions every year for illegals.

Your an idiot if you don't mind American citizens being raped, robbed an murdered by illegals.

We can all see who the idiot is and it ain't me.

Idiot.

Trump and DHS say that walls do work, and they are needed.

Can the dems refute the fact that "walls work"?
Not a dem and against the wall in principle.

Would be far less costly and far more effective to junk the welfare state....Then all who came would be here for the right reasons and would have to pull their own weight.
The problem is, that will never happen, at least not until our current government collapses. The wall is a much more plausible solution.

A good, solid concrete wall doesn't keep out much of anything, unless it's holding up a roof.

Have you considered the possibility that you might an idiot? You think all those rich people who have walls around their residences are fools? You think all those countries that have walls on their borders wasted their money? And it doesn't to be a solid, concrete wall either.

A wall around a home or business is for the lazy thief who may normally be right in the neighborhood anyway.
But the US/Mexico border is thousands of miles of dangerous desert, hundreds of miles deep, which already works much better than any wall we could build.
Wrong.

The Maginot line was a "wall"...a very expensive one. How'd that work?

Oh...the Germans went around it?

I see...

Would be far less costly and far more effective to junk the welfare state....Then all who came would be here for the right reasons and would have to pull their own weight.
The problem is, that will never happen, at least not until our current government collapses. The wall is a much more plausible solution.
That's the kind of defeatism that caused me to leave the GOP....The liberiodals never quit this easily.

Prisoners and other jail inmates escape from incarceration quite often. The reason most do not is because the penalty is more prison time; not because they cannot.

Walls do not work when you have a motivated population on either side.
Quite often? You mean perhaps a dozen escape out of 2 million? Yeah, that sure demonstrates how walls don't work.

If walls worked, there would be no drugs in prison. Instead, we have prisoners OD’ing on drugs.
ROFL! What a fucking brain dead douche. So they don't want to escape, all two million of them? Not even you believe that.

Lord.

No…what I said was that many could escape if they wanted to (jail or prison etc…). Most can’t.
When I was in pubsec we had trustees come and pick up our recycling out of the basement once a week. There were like 8 of them picking up our garbage cans. The guard had a pistol but the prisoners were not restrained in any way at all. They could certainly have escaped.

Walls do keep people from breaking into Prison….that and there being nothing inside Prison that would encourage anyone to break in. LOL

We do have a prison drug problem it seems. How are drugs getting in if we have walls?
So they didn't try to escape when they had an armed guard watching them constantly, but then at the end of the day went back to prison and kept behind walls, because guards don't want to be on duty 24 hours a day.

Furthermore, when people escape from prison, it's often when they are on these details outside of the prison walls.

Yes…they don’t all escape because they usually have nowhere to go, they know that when they are caught, they will face more jail time or they will be shot.

But that is getting out….the issue is that drugs (what Trump says a wall will stop) have no problem getting into the prison; that is guarded with walls and guards.

Easy to see that walls don’t work in that regard.

Walls don’t actually work. They just sit there. They are stationary objects. Anyone can get past a wall. It’s the guards that are way harder to get by.

The guards are government employees. They don't work either, unless they're jackbooted thugs out to keep the white man down.
Have you ever known anyone who worked as a guard at a prison? If you haven’t then shut up. It’s one of the most dangerous and worst jobs that a government employee can do.

Lighten up! I was giving you the right wingnut perspective on government employees.

A good, solid concrete wall doesn't keep out much of anything, unless it's holding up a roof.

Have you considered the possibility that you might an idiot? You think all those rich people who have walls around their residences are fools? You think all those countries that have walls on their borders wasted their money? And it doesn't to be a solid, concrete wall either.

What the fuck does whether or not I'm an idiot have to do with it? The topic is walls. Without a roof, they won't even keep out mosquitoes or rain. If you want to dispute that, knock your puny self out.

Lord.

Yes…they don’t all escape because they usually have nowhere to go, they know that when they are caught, they will face more jail time or they will be shot.

But that is getting out….the issue is that drugs (what Trump says a wall will stop) have no problem getting into the prison; that is guarded with walls and guards.

Easy to see that walls don’t work in that regard.
Drugs are irrelevant. Prison walls are not intended to keep out drugs. As long as they allow visitors into a prison, drugs will enter by that route. Walls are designed to keep the inmates in. They do a fabulous job of that.

That's the kind of defeatism that caused me to leave the GOP....The liberiodals never quit this easily.
Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. that isn't defeatism. That's reality. The defeatists are the ones who say we shouldn't even try to build a wall because the Dims and the never-Trumperes don't want it.

So wait. America is now a prison?

Yea walls "work" for prisons. I for one do not want to "live" in a prison

Try another example.

The Maginot Line maybe

Oh wait...no...the Germans went AROUND that very expensive boondoggle

Try another example.

The Maginot Line maybe

Walls work to keep illegal foreigners out also. They don't have single purpose other than to serve as a barrier.

iu

You think an illegal is going to rent one of those to get over the wall? They don't even have credit cards.

That's funny. You cultists were posting that Mexicans pay $2K/head to have a coyote point out the shallow spot in the river. Rent? They'll come up with a way to buy, if they want, and turn a good buck in the process. Stairs aren't that hard to build, either. I was just pointing out how easy a wall is to deal with. Dang, man! Mexican carpenters build walls. You think they wouldn't know how to get on top of one?

Try another example.

The Maginot Line maybe

Walls work to keep illegal foreigners out also. They don't have single purpose other than to serve as a barrier.

iu

Quite the example. The West Bank (around which that wall is built) is essentially an open air prison.

Forum List

Back