Schools are not apart of societal factors but they are certainly not the drivers of it. They are more a reflection.

You specifically mentioned commercial ads. Those are in no way shape or form driven by schools. Schools are, if anything, trying to break away from the traditional female and male archetypes.

Schools are certainly drivers of social structures. They are designed to do so. Engineering a nation and a society starts in school. As I mentioned, home ec and shop classes from 70s-80s is a very obvious reflection of this.
They CAN be. That does not make them primary drivers and certainly does not mean that they are the causality for this particular point. I think that you have cause and effect reversed.

Show how or what in schools drives the current commercial ad format.

Commercial ads and school curriculum are tools for engineering a society.
They don't have causality between them, they both contribute to the gender gap in their own respect...
Then why bring up ads in the context of schools failing girls?

Because TV is what is educating our children in the 21st century... Thats why...
And?

Again, that has nothing to do with SCHOOLS.

Schools are certainly drivers of social structures. They are designed to do so. Engineering a nation and a society starts in school. As I mentioned, home ec and shop classes from 70s-80s is a very obvious reflection of this.
They CAN be. That does not make them primary drivers and certainly does not mean that they are the causality for this particular point. I think that you have cause and effect reversed.

Show how or what in schools drives the current commercial ad format.

Commercial ads and school curriculum are tools for engineering a society.
They don't have causality between them, they both contribute to the gender gap in their own respect...
Then why bring up ads in the context of schools failing girls?

Because TV is what is educating our children in the 21st century... Thats why...
And?

Again, that has nothing to do with SCHOOLS.

And?

Social media and cell phones have a far more damaging effect on young girls educational development than any failing of the public school system. You can't expect young girls to excel in their pre-college studies when they spend 90% of every waking hour texting and taking selfies. It is not the job of the school systems to motivate and inspire, that is the job of their parents. If you want your daughter to have the best opportunities, set some expectations at home.

Forum List

Back