In Finland, girls do better in math and science than boys
Because they have much higher gender equality

If you brainwash your children with commercials pushing sexiness down their throats, this is what you get; a stupid but good looking female crowd.......
But your point was that the schools are failing the girls. Here you point to societal norms rather than schools. Where is the evidence that it is the schools that are the problem (I very well could have missed it if you already posted it).

I actually very gravely disagree that a certain tree, bush, grass, or moss, for example, wouldn't exist if it wasn't for a certain or a random human being.

Who said that?

I think his point is that such has no real meaning or beauty without consciousness.- it simply exists.

Simple existence has no real purpose without consciousness to give it meaning.

I understand what you are telling me.

But I don't think that is really what there4eyem meant. My statement, and more precisely the quoted statement, was in relation to humans and not to consciousness.

If you would pay more closer attention to the entire post we could perhaps discuss about either instead of arguing about meaning or identity.

Or we could discuss about meaning and identity instead; whatever will provide for the relevant education.

Boys get far more athletic scholarships, and basket weaving courses are set up to keep them in college.

Over 50% of college students are now women......

Don't doubt it.

Too many boys spend their time trying to either get an athletic scholarship, or go pro right out of high school, to keep up the grades they need for college.

"Too many boys"? Huh???????????? What percentage of male students do you imagine have any expectation of an athletic scholarship, let alone 'going pro'?

Boys get far more athletic scholarships, and basket weaving courses are set up to keep them in college.

Over 50% of college students are now women......

Don't doubt it.

Too many boys spend their time trying to either get an athletic scholarship, or go pro right out of high school, to keep up the grades they need for college.

"Too many boys"? Huh???????????? What percentage of male students do you imagine have any expectation of an athletic scholarship, let alone 'going pro'?

Considering baseball, football, basketball, soccer, maybe 5%, likely smaller for boys.

Girls, at best, 1%

If you brainwash your children with commercials pushing sexiness down their throats, this is what you get; a stupid but good looking female crowd.......
But your point was that the schools are failing the girls. Here you point to societal norms rather than schools. Where is the evidence that it is the schools that are the problem (I very well could have missed it if you already posted it).

So schools are apart from "societal"?

Schools are what we use to "engineer" the society.
There was a reason why girls were sent to Home ec and boys to Shop.
However, it is much less effective nowadays, because of the rise of the media outlets and internet.
Your kids are being brainwashed on the fly these days, w/o you even know it.

And, I am not arguing this as a bad thing.
Maybe it is for the better girls to take the home ec and boys the shop..........................

However, it is much less effective nowadays, because of the rise of the media outlets and internet.

Maybe it is for the better girls to take the home ec and boys the shop..........................
Schools are not apart of societal factors but they are certainly not the drivers of it. They are more a reflection.

You specifically mentioned commercial ads. Those are in no way shape or form driven by schools. Schools are, if anything, trying to break away from the traditional female and male archetypes.

Schools are not apart of societal factors but they are certainly not the drivers of it. They are more a reflection.

You specifically mentioned commercial ads. Those are in no way shape or form driven by schools. Schools are, if anything, trying to break away from the traditional female and male archetypes.

Do you think schools should be the drivers of every social form, including commercial ads?

Schools are certainly drivers of social structures. They are designed to do so. Engineering a nation and a society starts in school. As I mentioned, home ec and shop classes from 70s-80s is a very obvious reflection of this.

Schools fail massively on BOYS, not girls. They criminalize and ostracize boys for acting like boys, and buoy up and advance girls (and fags).

Schools fail massively on BOYS, not girls. They criminalize and ostracize boys for acting like boys, and buoy up and advance girls (and fags).

Could it be that the discernment of what a girl and what a boy are is strictly individual?

I don't see why not, and neither do I see how taking absolute refuge in subjectivity about this particular dichotomy would be at all dangerous or detrimental to improved social relations.

If you trace how the concepts of male and female got established in world wide literature throughout centuries of history, there is a clear semantic pattern which would allow a final and simple abstraction of how they have never really been apart.

Schools are certainly drivers of social structures. They are designed to do so. Engineering a nation and a society starts in school. As I mentioned, home ec and shop classes from 70s-80s is a very obvious reflection of this.
They CAN be. That does not make them primary drivers and certainly does not mean that they are the causality for this particular point. I think that you have cause and effect reversed.

Show how or what in schools drives the current commercial ad format.

Do you think schools should be the drivers of every social form, including commercial ads?
No.

They CAN be. That does not make them primary drivers and certainly does not mean that they are the causality for this particular point. I think that you have cause and effect reversed.

Commercial ads and school curriculum are tools for engineering a society.
They don't have causality between them, they both contribute to the gender gap in their own respect...

No.

Not even if they are started again with a completely different set of standards?

What would make up for a consistent drive of so many social aspects so they do not collide again as history has prooved its tendency to be?

They don't have causality between them, they both contribute to the gender gap in their own respect...
Then why bring up ads in the context of schools failing girls?

No.

Not even if they are started again with a completely different set of standards?

What would make up for a consistent drive of so many social aspects so they do not collide again as history has prooved its tendency to be?
Nope.

While schools certainly will drive some social forms you directly stated 'every social form' and that I disagree with. Schools should not and never will be the primary driver for social forms - families are. And they should be.

It is true that girls have a higher chance to get into college than males. But...don't we fail them it explorations and discoveries? For example, see how many girl astronauts exist and how many male ones? We need to put more money in promoting adventure for girls. Your take?

Not necessarily.

Every student has their own strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps girls just don't have the desire to be astronauts as boys do.

Teachers often favor girls, they're easier to teach in general, they're more studious academically than boys in general.

But this points towards us seeing teaching kids in only one way, the reality is different students would be better of studying in different way, but we prefer one size fits all. Often girls and boys study differently, boys are more likely to be kinesthetic learners, girls are more likely to be "clipboard" learners, liking lists.

Educating is not the same as 'brain washing'. The term is misused in many instances. People who believe in BlueYellow don't want their children to learn about Green.

Because TV is what is educating our children in the 21st century... Thats why...

Because TV is what is educating our children in the 21st century... Thats why...

Your "stay off my lawn!" Is outdated. You're supposed to whine about the internet now.

Forum List

Back