Do Republicans still want Sundown Towns and Green Travel Guides?

You wouldn't know that by reading this site. Here only the Dems are racist even though the GOP doesn't have enough darkies in it to fill the back booth at Denny's...

odd because you and rdean always claim only the gop is racist

hjmick is correct, both sides are not innocent. even today.

What part of all humans are racist, said by me dozens of times, means I think only the GOP is racist?

i've never seen such posts...

(come on people, you know that town doesn't vote Democrat and the KKK would NEVER belong to a party that welcomes blacks - they would prefer a party that's 90% white regardless of what they "imagine" the history to be

After President Clinton left office he could have lived anywhere, so where did he choose to live?

Chappaqua, New York

The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.80% White, 0.94% African American,

To them that is Free Association, for whitey only of course...

You delusion fucks are talking about something that happened almost 60 years ago as if it relates to people today.
It does. Racism in the US is an open wound, one whitey would rather ignore and forget.

Never said it wasn't But how does that make Rdean asking Republicans if they still want something that has not even been discussed in over 50 years make any sense at all?

I was all over this country as a truck driver. I never saw a single place where Blacks were not Welcome. I did however see many places where Whites put their lives at risk if they go there, Simply because they are white.

Texas city haunted by 'no blacks after dark' past - CNN.com

Vidor was one of hundreds of communities in America known as "sundown towns," places where blacks were not welcome after dark. In some of these towns, signs -- handwritten or printed -- were posted, saying things like "Whites Only After Dark." But in general, sundown towns existed by reputation. Blacks knew they were places to avoid after dark.

"I don't mind being friends with them, talking and stuff like that, but as far as mingling and eating with them, all that kind of stuff, that's where I draw the line." (come on people, you know that town doesn't vote Democrat and the KKK would NEVER belong to a party that welcomes blacks - they would prefer a party that's 90% white regardless of what they "imagine" the history to be)

From Maine to California, thousands of communities kept out African Americans (or sometimes Chinese Americans, Jewish Americans, etc.) by force, law, or custom. These communities are sometimes called "sundown towns" because some of them posted signs at their city limits reading, typically, "******, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On You In ___." Some towns are still all white on purpose. Their chilling stories have been joined more recently by the many elite (and some not so elite) suburbs like Grosse Pointe, MI, or Edina, MN, that have excluded nonwhites by "kinder gentler means." When I began this research, I expected to find about 10 sundown towns in Illinois (my home state) and perhaps 50 across the country. Instead, I have found more than 440 in Illinois and thousands across the United States

Sundown Towns by James W. Loewen

---------------------------------------------------

The_Negro_Motorist_Green_Book.jpg

The Negro Travelers' Green Book, Spring 1956 - University of South Carolina Libraries

(This book let people know where they eat and sleep in safety without being murdered by racists whites.)

Travel guide helped African-Americans navigate tricky times - CNN.com

Atlanta (CNN) -- Ernest Green hit the roads of the segregated South as a teen in the 1950s, using a travel guide that pointed out safe havens where African-Americans could eat and stay.
The pamphlet promoted vacation without humiliation.
"It was one of the survival tools of segregated life," Green says.

Imagine needing this in America. Doing this to people who had been slaves and mistreated by confederate whites for centuries. Hmmm, who are the confederate whites today?
Anyone? Hint: They fly this flag:

rebel-flag.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought that at the most, there were probably only a few hundred of these towns. Imagine my surprise to find there were over 10,000 spread all over the United States?

The reason those in Ferguson and who are in charge are freaking out is because they never had to deal with this before. Their curfew is turning that area into a "Sundown Town" and that's what happens when you act in ignorance. Kind of like what Republicans did in Iraq.

How many Republicans on the USMB see "Sundown Towns" and a "Green Guides" as "good things"? Come on. Be honest.

Another moron heard from. No wonder the Democrats are so screwed up.
-----------------------------

You delusion fucks are talking about something that happened almost 60 years ago as if it relates to people today.
It does. Racism in the US is an open wound, one whitey would rather ignore and forget.

Never said it wasn't But how does that make Rdean asking Republicans if they still want something that has not even been discussed in over 50 years make any sense at all?

I was all over this country as a truck driver. I never saw a single place where Blacks were not Welcome. I did however see many places where Whites put their lives at risk if they go there, Simply because they are white.
1. Payback is a bitch. 2. That kind of reasoning is why we can't get past race in this country. To you there's no problem except for them, and they've had a very different experience but you ignore that fact...

1. Payback is a bitch. 2. That kind of reasoning is why we can't get past race in this country. To you there's no problem except for them, and they've had a very different experience but you ignore that fact...

If they don't get over that experience they will never carry themselves as American men...which is exactly how my neighbor carries himself...of course he is a karate champ...

If they don't get over that experience they will never carry themselves as American men...which is exactly how my neighbor carries himself...of course he is a karate champ...
I'll let the Jews know. This whole Hitler-Holocaust thing? Really, come on now, BORING!!! How about those Packers eh???

Reminds me of this-
Aside from the multiple Klan members who have served in elected capacity within the high ranks of the Democrat Party, the political party itself has a lengthy but often overlooked history of involvement with the Ku Klux Klan. Though it has been all but forgotten by the media, the Democratic National Convention of 1924 was host to one of the largest Klan gatherings in American history. Dubbed the "Klanbake convention" at the time, the 1924 Democratic National Convention in New York was dominated by a platform dispute surrounding the Ku Klux Klan. A minority of the delegates to the convention attempted to condemn the hate group in the party's platform, but found their proposal shot down by Klan supporters within the party. As delegates inside the convention voted in the Klan's favor, the Klan itself mobilized a celebratory rally outside. On July 4, 1924 one of the largest Klan gatherings ever occurred outside the convention on a field in nearby New Jersey. The event was marked by speakers spewing racial hatred, celebrations of their platform victory in the Democratic Convention, and ended in a cross burning.*

Texas city haunted by 'no blacks after dark' past - CNN.com

Vidor was one of hundreds of communities in America known as "sundown towns," places where blacks were not welcome after dark. In some of these towns, signs -- handwritten or printed -- were posted, saying things like "Whites Only After Dark." But in general, sundown towns existed by reputation. Blacks knew they were places to avoid after dark.

"I don't mind being friends with them, talking and stuff like that, but as far as mingling and eating with them, all that kind of stuff, that's where I draw the line." (come on people, you know that town doesn't vote Democrat and the KKK would NEVER belong to a party that welcomes blacks - they would prefer a party that's 90% white regardless of what they "imagine" the history to be)

-----------------------------

From Maine to California, thousands of communities kept out African Americans (or sometimes Chinese Americans, Jewish Americans, etc.) by force, law, or custom. These communities are sometimes called "sundown towns" because some of them posted signs at their city limits reading, typically, "******, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On You In ___." Some towns are still all white on purpose. Their chilling stories have been joined more recently by the many elite (and some not so elite) suburbs like Grosse Pointe, MI, or Edina, MN, that have excluded nonwhites by "kinder gentler means." When I began this research, I expected to find about 10 sundown towns in Illinois (my home state) and perhaps 50 across the country. Instead, I have found more than 440 in Illinois and thousands across the United States

Sundown Towns by James W. Loewen

---------------------------------------------------

The_Negro_Motorist_Green_Book.jpg

The Negro Travelers' Green Book, Spring 1956 - University of South Carolina Libraries

(This book let people know where they eat and sleep in safety without being murdered by racists whites.)

Travel guide helped African-Americans navigate tricky times - CNN.com

Atlanta (CNN) -- Ernest Green hit the roads of the segregated South as a teen in the 1950s, using a travel guide that pointed out safe havens where African-Americans could eat and stay.
The pamphlet promoted vacation without humiliation.
"It was one of the survival tools of segregated life," Green says.

Imagine needing this in America. Doing this to people who had been slaves and mistreated by confederate whites for centuries. Hmmm, who are the confederate whites today?
Anyone? Hint: They fly this flag:

rebel-flag.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought that at the most, there were probably only a few hundred of these towns. Imagine my surprise to find there were over 10,000 spread all over the United States?

The reason those in Ferguson and who are in charge are freaking out is because they never had to deal with this before. Their curfew is turning that area into a "Sundown Town" and that's what happens when you act in ignorance. Kind of like what Republicans did in Iraq.

How many Republicans on the USMB see "Sundown Towns" and a "Green Guides" as "good things"? Come on. Be honest.

So it's all good then eh? Whitey gets a pass on racism?

Pretty much. Just be thankful you live in the USA.
I'd be fine in any of the countries my people come from, which are Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and England.

Are you suggesting the ******* of today be happy that we brought the ******* of the past here as property in chains, because America is such a great place to live?

Another slur on blacks. Noted once again.

Pretty much. Just be thankful you live in the USA.
I'd be fine in any of the countries my people come from, which are Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and England.

Are you suggesting the ******* of today be happy that we brought the ******* of the past here as property in chains, because America is such a great place to live?

How about you answer the question Mr. PC police?

Seriously? This has nothing to do with blacks selling other blacks 300 hundred years ago. Hopefully, someday, an "oh shit" moment occurs in your brain and makes note that every race, ethnicity, in the world has been persecuted. Until then, continue your bitter hate rage filled life.

South Carolina in 1956 was a crooked democrat segregationist state and Al Gore's father was a segregationist democrat representing Tenn. When are radical lefties going to grow up and post something that doesn't start with "when will republicans"?

Seriously? This has nothing to do with blacks selling other blacks 300 hundred years ago. Hopefully, someday, an "oh shit" moment occurs in your brain and makes note that every race, ethnicity, in the world has been persecuted. Until then, continue your bitter hate rage filled life.
Was slavery okay because blacks are better off here now? That's what you meant right?

Was slavery okay because blacks are better off here now? That's what you meant right?

Nope. There will never be anything right with one race persecuting another.

South Carolina in 1956 was a crooked democrat segregationist state and Al Gore's father was a segregationist democrat representing Tenn. When are radical lefties going to grow up and post something that doesn't start with "when will republicans"?
How about when will whitey own up to racism, which is alive and well, especially in the GOP, the white man's party?

Forum List

Back