Do Republicans still want Sundown Towns and Green Travel Guides?

Perhaps you should show a picture of the Constitution and Neil Armstrong on the moon. Whitey at work.
So it's all good then eh? Whitey gets a pass on racism?

Whitey is the only one that does not get a pass on racism. Whitey is constantly being asked to pay for the sins of the father, even if it is not their father. Meanwhile, if one thinks racial harmony is alive and well in Africa, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, he is living in the ether.
White man's burden eh? Poor whitey, he made a living off of the labor of humans he treated as animals and property, and people are just still so rude as to bring that up from time to time.

I wonder, if whitey actually owned up to that, acknowledged that it was still a racist nation which many race issues that need to be resolved by many honest conversations, would he then be given a break? Maybe we should try it, and find out...

All I know is that there are quite a few places in America where Whitey better not go in after dark.
And this is 2014 not 1956.

Whitey better not go there during the day either, like certain areas in Detroit.

So it's all good then eh? Whitey gets a pass on racism?

Pretty much. Just be thankful you live in the USA.

Unless your name is Trayvon Martin and you are armed with Skittles. How dare him be out after dark.

A number of unarmed black men have been shot in the last couple of months. How come none of them were white?

While I appreciate your zeal to see the white "race" (As if such a thing even exists! But more on that later.) destroyed, you really should be careful not to run yourself off a cliff, fellow lybyryl.

The Wrongpublicans are already up in arms over the entirely justified shooting of "an unarmed white guy, bawwww"--while forgetting that this allegedly innocent unarmed man was a trained killer.

Justice for Trayvon Martin? How about Justice for James Whitehead? James Whitehead was a white veteran who had recently come back from war. Orange, TX Police Officer Robert Arnold (who has a history of violence) shot and killed unarmed James Whitehead. Arnold is black.

Arnold was not in his uniform and did not have a badge. Whitehead got into a verbal altercation about a bad part for his vehicle. James Whitehead did not ever get violent or attack Arnold or anyone else. Whitehead was wrong to get into a verbal altercation but at most he would have gotten a ticket and a fine. Whitehead decided to stop arguing and just leave and that is when Arnold shot the unarmed man dead right on the spot.
Justice for James: Black Cop Shoots Unarmed White Veteran in Orange, TX over Racial Slur | Texas GOP Vote

It won't be long before the KKK is venerating pigs like Whitehead as martyrs and rallying around criminals like the Ferguson shooter. Oh wait, they already are!

Adding to the tension in Ferguson, Mo., the South Carolina-based New Empire Knights of the Ku Klux Klan says its Missouri chapter is raising money for the white police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, 18, who was scheduled to begin college classes this week, the SPLC reports.
KKK Raising Money For White Cop Who Shot Unarmed Black Teen In Ferguson | Liberaland

This is exactly the America Wrongpublicans want to live in--Jim Crow, sundown towns, lynch mobs, and eventually, the re-institution of slavery.

The only thing standing between us and a reborn Confederate States of America is President Obama.

I know what I want

I want that asylum rdean is housed in to put him in a straight jacket, permanently

no more torture for us, wouldn't that be wonderful.

please pretty please

I know what I want

I want that asylum rdean is housed in to put him in a straight jacket, permanently

no more torture for us, wouldn't that be wonderful.

please pretty please

Poor DB. She thinks everyone is mean, but she is Maria Kutschera.

Pretty much. Just be thankful you live in the USA.

Unless your name is Trayvon Martin and you are armed with Skittles. How dare him be out after dark.

A number of unarmed black men have been shot in the last couple of months. How come none of them were white?

While I appreciate your zeal to see the white "race" (As if such a thing even exists! But more on that later.) destroyed, you really should be careful not to run yourself off a cliff, fellow lybyryl.

The Wrongpublicans are already up in arms over the entirely justified shooting of "an unarmed white guy, bawwww"--while forgetting that this allegedly innocent unarmed man was a trained killer.

Justice for Trayvon Martin? How about Justice for James Whitehead? James Whitehead was a white veteran who had recently come back from war. Orange, TX Police Officer Robert Arnold (who has a history of violence) shot and killed unarmed James Whitehead. Arnold is black.

Arnold was not in his uniform and did not have a badge. Whitehead got into a verbal altercation about a bad part for his vehicle. James Whitehead did not ever get violent or attack Arnold or anyone else. Whitehead was wrong to get into a verbal altercation but at most he would have gotten a ticket and a fine. Whitehead decided to stop arguing and just leave and that is when Arnold shot the unarmed man dead right on the spot.
Justice for James: Black Cop Shoots Unarmed White Veteran in Orange, TX over Racial Slur | Texas GOP Vote

It won't be long before the KKK is venerating pigs like Whitehead as martyrs and rallying around criminals like the Ferguson shooter. Oh wait, they already are!

Adding to the tension in Ferguson, Mo., the South Carolina-based New Empire Knights of the Ku Klux Klan says its Missouri chapter is raising money for the white police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, 18, who was scheduled to begin college classes this week, the SPLC reports.
KKK Raising Money For White Cop Who Shot Unarmed Black Teen In Ferguson | Liberaland

This is exactly the America Wrongpublicans want to live in--Jim Crow, sundown towns, lynch mobs, and eventually, the re-institution of slavery.

The only thing standing between us and a reborn Confederate States of America is President Obama.

Obama is the only thing stopping the CSA from rising again. Oh man that just fucking dumb.

Texas city haunted by 'no blacks after dark' past - CNN.com

Vidor was one of hundreds of communities in America known as "sundown towns," places where blacks were not welcome after dark. In some of these towns, signs -- handwritten or printed -- were posted, saying things like "Whites Only After Dark." But in general, sundown towns existed by reputation. Blacks knew they were places to avoid after dark.

"I don't mind being friends with them, talking and stuff like that, but as far as mingling and eating with them, all that kind of stuff, that's where I draw the line." (come on people, you know that town doesn't vote Democrat and the KKK would NEVER belong to a party that welcomes blacks - they would prefer a party that's 90% white regardless of what they "imagine" the history to be)

-----------------------------

From Maine to California, thousands of communities kept out African Americans (or sometimes Chinese Americans, Jewish Americans, etc.) by force, law, or custom. These communities are sometimes called "sundown towns" because some of them posted signs at their city limits reading, typically, "******, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On You In ___." Some towns are still all white on purpose. Their chilling stories have been joined more recently by the many elite (and some not so elite) suburbs like Grosse Pointe, MI, or Edina, MN, that have excluded nonwhites by "kinder gentler means." When I began this research, I expected to find about 10 sundown towns in Illinois (my home state) and perhaps 50 across the country. Instead, I have found more than 440 in Illinois and thousands across the United States

Sundown Towns by James W. Loewen

---------------------------------------------------

The_Negro_Motorist_Green_Book.jpg

The Negro Travelers' Green Book, Spring 1956 - University of South Carolina Libraries

(This book let people know where they eat and sleep in safety without being murdered by racists whites.)

Travel guide helped African-Americans navigate tricky times - CNN.com

Atlanta (CNN) -- Ernest Green hit the roads of the segregated South as a teen in the 1950s, using a travel guide that pointed out safe havens where African-Americans could eat and stay.
The pamphlet promoted vacation without humiliation.
"It was one of the survival tools of segregated life," Green says.

Imagine needing this in America. Doing this to people who had been slaves and mistreated by confederate whites for centuries. Hmmm, who are the confederate whites today?
Anyone? Hint: They fly this flag:

rebel-flag.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought that at the most, there were probably only a few hundred of these towns. Imagine my surprise to find there were over 10,000 spread all over the United States?

The reason those in Ferguson and who are in charge are freaking out is because they never had to deal with this before. Their curfew is turning that area into a "Sundown Town" and that's what happens when you act in ignorance. Kind of like what Republicans did in Iraq.

How many Republicans on the USMB see "Sundown Towns" and a "Green Guides" as "good things"? Come on. Be honest.

Those were a bunch of democrats you idiot!

hey, do republicans still want slaves? what about paying taxes to the crown?

you're so stupid rdean.

Kinda looks like that's a "yes".

What Shocking New Polls on Republican Attitudes Toward Slavery, Interracial Marriage Say About the Modern GOP

80 percent of the Republicans surveyed by CNN also expressed admiration for the leaders of the South--a cabal whose allegiance to white supremacy was most tellingly summed up by the Vice President of the Confederacy's sentiment that its, "...foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man, that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based on this great physical, philosophical and moral truth.”

Echoing the Tea Party GOP's neo-Confederate longings, last week an equally troubling bit of polling data was released which highlighted how the Right-wing yearns for a return to “tradition” and the “good old days” in the Age of Obama.

It is no longer the exclusive province of the fringe militia and late-night talk radio crowd to speak about secession, states' rights, nullification, the revoking of birthright citizenship, and armed rebellion as necessary and real solutions to our political dilemmas. No, these are positions that are casually offered by leading Republican figures such as Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and others.

In the Age of Obama when white conservative demagogues claim Dr. King as their own and talk out of both sides of their mouths while screaming about how white people are "oppressed," they are signaling to an inversion of reality in which one of the greatest sins in this country's history was not the enslavement of black folks and the regime of Jim Crow. In this reframing, the sin is implicitly made how everyday people dared to challenge white (male) privilege, power and control over all things formally "American."

In total, the politics of race and white racial resentment--be they manifest by hostility to Muslim and Arab Americans, naked xenophobia against Hispanics and Latinos, the birther movement, or efforts to rewrite Texas history books and to ban ethnic studies--as played by the Tea Party GOP are the miner's canary that speak to a bigger game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the USMB is any indication of how Republicans across the country feel, then yes indeed, Republicans probably do want a return to slavery. Or something very close to it. When you limit gay rights, women's right to control their own bodies, and minority rights, isn't that a form of slavery? And you can't tell me Republicans don't want these things. We see it every day from Republicans right here at the USMB.

hey, do republicans still want slaves? what about paying taxes to the crown?

you're so stupid rdean.

Kinda looks like that's a "yes".

What Shocking New Polls on Republican Attitudes Toward Slavery, Interracial Marriage Say About the Modern GOP

80 percent of the Republicans surveyed by CNN also expressed admiration for the leaders of the South--a cabal whose allegiance to white supremacy was most tellingly summed up by the Vice President of the Confederacy's sentiment that its, "...foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man, that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based on this great physical, philosophical and moral truth.”

Echoing the Tea Party GOP's neo-Confederate longings, last week an equally troubling bit of polling data was released which highlighted how the Right-wing yearns for a return to “tradition” and the “good old days” in the Age of Obama.

It is no longer the exclusive province of the fringe militia and late-night talk radio crowd to speak about secession, states' rights, nullification, the revoking of birthright citizenship, and armed rebellion as necessary and real solutions to our political dilemmas. No, these are positions that are casually offered by leading Republican figures such as Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and others.

In the Age of Obama when white conservative demagogues claim Dr. King as their own and talk out of both sides of their mouths while screaming about how white people are "oppressed," they are signaling to an inversion of reality in which one of the greatest sins in this country's history was not the enslavement of black folks and the regime of Jim Crow. In this reframing, the sin is implicitly made how everyday people dared to challenge white (male) privilege, power and control over all things formally "American."

In total, the politics of race and white racial resentment--be they manifest by hostility to Muslim and Arab Americans, naked xenophobia against Hispanics and Latinos, the birther movement, or efforts to rewrite Texas history books and to ban ethnic studies--as played by the Tea Party GOP are the miner's canary that speak to a bigger game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the USMB is any indication of how Republicans across the country feel, then yes indeed, Republicans probably do want a return to slavery. Or something very close to it. When you limit gay rights, women's right to control their own bodies, and minority rights, isn't that a form of slavery? And you can't tell me Republicans don't want these things. We see it every day from Republicans right here at the USMB.

nothing about slavery you dishonest prick

saved for another rdean LIE

The last time I checked, he was dead.

tard

so are the people who supported your OP laws

tard

Those weren't laws, they were threats idiot child.

And, that was a common practice when I was a teenager, so they can hardly all be dead.

your excuse is that robert kkk byrd is dead, yet, not all folks from his gen are dead and there were in fact KKK dems you dishonest prick

all you do is lie rdean.

and they weren't laws????? really???? from your own link: by force, law, or custom.

idiot child :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder if the OP (yes, I did read this one because I find this topic interesting) knows that there were more Sundown Towns in the northeast, Midwest, and west coast than there ever were in the south?

To repeat: the most important thing I learned from this book is how widespread sundown towns were-- from Appleton, Wisconsin (one of the larger sundown towns), to La Jolla, California, to places in Maine, to nearly the entire state of Idaho. The deep south actually had fewer sundown towns than the rest of the country-- while African-Americans suffered plenty of discrimination there, most White southerners were not interested in excluding blacks from their towns...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/02/01/447616/-Book-Review-Sundown-Towns#

Last edited:
Texas city haunted by 'no blacks after dark' past - CNN.com

Vidor was one of hundreds of communities in America known as "sundown towns," places where blacks were not welcome after dark. In some of these towns, signs -- handwritten or printed -- were posted, saying things like "Whites Only After Dark." But in general, sundown towns existed by reputation. Blacks knew they were places to avoid after dark.

"I don't mind being friends with them, talking and stuff like that, but as far as mingling and eating with them, all that kind of stuff, that's where I draw the line." (come on people, you know that town doesn't vote Democrat and the KKK would NEVER belong to a party that welcomes blacks - they would prefer a party that's 90% white regardless of what they "imagine" the history to be)

-----------------------------

From Maine to California, thousands of communities kept out African Americans (or sometimes Chinese Americans, Jewish Americans, etc.) by force, law, or custom. These communities are sometimes called "sundown towns" because some of them posted signs at their city limits reading, typically, "******, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On You In ___." Some towns are still all white on purpose. Their chilling stories have been joined more recently by the many elite (and some not so elite) suburbs like Grosse Pointe, MI, or Edina, MN, that have excluded nonwhites by "kinder gentler means." When I began this research, I expected to find about 10 sundown towns in Illinois (my home state) and perhaps 50 across the country. Instead, I have found more than 440 in Illinois and thousands across the United States

Sundown Towns by James W. Loewen

---------------------------------------------------

The_Negro_Motorist_Green_Book.jpg

The Negro Travelers' Green Book, Spring 1956 - University of South Carolina Libraries

(This book let people know where they eat and sleep in safety without being murdered by racists whites.)

Travel guide helped African-Americans navigate tricky times - CNN.com

Atlanta (CNN) -- Ernest Green hit the roads of the segregated South as a teen in the 1950s, using a travel guide that pointed out safe havens where African-Americans could eat and stay.
The pamphlet promoted vacation without humiliation.
"It was one of the survival tools of segregated life," Green says.

Imagine needing this in America. Doing this to people who had been slaves and mistreated by confederate whites for centuries. Hmmm, who are the confederate whites today?
Anyone? Hint: They fly this flag:

rebel-flag.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought that at the most, there were probably only a few hundred of these towns. Imagine my surprise to find there were over 10,000 spread all over the United States?

The reason those in Ferguson and who are in charge are freaking out is because they never had to deal with this before. Their curfew is turning that area into a "Sundown Town" and that's what happens when you act in ignorance. Kind of like what Republicans did in Iraq.

How many Republicans on the USMB see "Sundown Towns" and a "Green Guides" as "good things"? Come on. Be honest.

Those were a bunch of democrats you idiot!

I get so tired of educating tards such as yourself. In the middle 60's, when blacks joined the democratic party, white conservatives fled and joined the GOP. Which is why the Republican Party is 90% white today. Fucking idiot. It's been linked to ad naseum.

Do you think Lincoln was a "confederate"???? We know today's GOP is the remnants of the old Confederate Party.

Why the fuck do you think Republicans dress like this at the Redneck games:

Lightstalkers_16_large.JPG

470redneck0.jpg

Why the fuck do you think some moron stands in front of the White House and waves the Confederate Flag?

BWetmBfCIAAmfCU.jpg

What the Confederate Flag in Front of White House Says About Our Political Battles | OnFaith

BBC News - Why do people still fly the Confederate flag?

Confederate Republicans have gone so far around the bend, they can't be reasoned with. They don't learn. They don't know anything. The only option is they must be defeated. Again.

Forum List

Back