Do people with conservative views prefer sitcoms and reality shows

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Over sci fi? If sci fi is filled with badass military characters then why do stuff like reality shows and sitcoms appeal more to them?

Is there a perception that sci fi is too intellectual and left wing?

You say spaceship. I prefer the term orbital battlecruiser.

Over sci fi? If sci fi is filled with badass military characters then why do stuff like reality shows and sitcoms appeal more to them?

I prefer Psych-Thriller, then Sci-Fi, then sports and then Adult Entertainment if I have to watch TV...

I am Libertarian Conservative...

Typical disingenuous post, attempting to establish a false premise as fact.

They prefer action movies with thin, simple plots and stereotyped characters, including a ridiculously overblown "hero" that they can project themselves onto.

It amazes me the number of people on this site that consider themselves "soldiers" and "warriors" even though whatever it is they do is completely ordinary.

There are some gravely weak egos on this site.

Pumpkin, you do realize that we will never have those spaceships without government investment?
You seem to think that the Private Sector doesn't exist. Do you know where the GPS came from?
Yes it came from the military which isnt private sector.
As usual, completely wrong. I'm putting you back on 'ignore'. It actually was first invented by some 'nerds' trying to track a satellite(Sputnik), then was given to the military. It was later released to the public by Ronald Reagan, and the Private Sector made it what it is today, because there was money to be made. If you give the Private Sector something to work with, they'll run with it and make it cheaper to produce, more effective, and generally better in every way. America's rapid advancement from the very beginning is due to the Private Sector and our free-market capitalism.

Pumpkin, you do realize that we will never have those spaceships without government investment?
You seem to think that the Private Sector doesn't exist. Do you know where the GPS came from?
Yes it came from the military which isnt private sector.
As usual, completely wrong. I'm putting you back on 'ignore'. It actually was first invented by some 'nerds' trying to track a satellite(Sputnik), then was given to the military. It was later released to the public by Ronald Reagan, and the Private Sector made it what it is today, because there was money to be made. If you give the Private Sector something to work with, they'll run with it and make it cheaper to produce, more effective, and generally better in every way. America's rapid advancement from the very beginning is due to the Private Sector and our free-market capitalism.
Do you have a link or is this an internet rumor? Not saying its impossible but thats not what I heard.

What do Conservatives watch on TV?

I dunno, maybe what the colords and Spics watch I reckon

They prefer action movies with thin, simple plots and stereotyped characters, including a ridiculously overblown "hero" that they can project themselves onto.

It amazes me the number of people on this site that consider themselves "soldiers" and "warriors" even though whatever it is they do is completely ordinary.

There are some gravely weak egos on this site.

There are some gravely overblown egos on this site

I don't watch either of those.

Science channel
Discovery Channel
History Channel
Smithsonian Channel
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Sunday political shows
Royals Baseball
Chiefs Football

Sorry to burst your little liberal bubble

I Hate sitcoms. Is Beachfront Bargain Hunt a reality show? I like that. Naked and Afraid is interesting only in that I marvel at people do that to themselves. I'm a registered Independent with basically Conservative views.

Forum List

Back