Do people with conservative views prefer sitcoms and reality shows

Over sci fi? If sci fi is filled with badass military characters then why do stuff like reality shows and sitcoms appeal more to them?

I prefer books, myself. Pretty much ignore television altogether, save for news and commentary. Occasionally a show rises that is above the sophomoric, and then I'll watch.

FYI, I write spec fiction, so there. :funnyface:

I think I am beginning to subscribe to the passages theory. I am so out of touch with some of the most popular trends that I am convinced it is an age thing.

Reality tv is such a joke. All hat and no cattle, like all drama and no reality. Naked and alone. Bring em over to my neck is the woods and they wouldn't last 5 minutes cause of the bugs. More like can I get a peek. All of,it is so contrived and I don't understand why everyone can't see through it.

Sitcoms? They are just not funny. I can handle stupid, sophomoric, dumb, even tasteless if it makes me laugh. The bar is set so low and political correctness has to be so high that it is just humorless, as well as not even coming close to anything in real life. Not since married with children has there been a sitcom that has actually given me a belly laugh, unless you include Hilary VOLUNTARILY meeting with the fbi.

I love scifi. I could binge watch captain Picard. Marvel,at the alien series, or the very premise of predator. I like watching the ancient alien series not so much cause I believe it but one learns so many interesting facts. Anything that involves imagination is a pull for me.

Primarily at this age after a hard night on usmb I just enjoy watching things tha are mindless. Why am I attracted to starship troopers, I don't know. Spaghetti westerns, I don't know. Get shorty, I don't know. My wife is into this damned outlander series and I leave the room when it comes on, I don't know.

I suspect liberals want there to be a stereotype stupid conservative viewer but I believe there is a vast diversity in tastes no matter which side of the political spectrum. Let's rock!

I don't watch either of those.

Science channel
Discovery Channel
History Channel
Smithsonian Channel
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Sunday political shows
Royals Baseball
Chiefs Football

I was with you until the Royals and Chiefs. lol. I am more of a Pirates and Steelers fan.

I think I am beginning to subscribe to the passages theory. I am so out of touch with some of the most popular trends that I am convinced it is an age thing.

Reality tv is such a joke. All hat and no cattle, like all drama and no reality. Naked and alone. Bring em over to my neck is the woods and they wouldn't last 5 minutes cause of the bugs. More like can I get a peek. All of,it is so contrived and I don't understand why everyone can't see through it.

Sitcoms? They are just not funny. I can handle stupid, sophomoric, dumb, even tasteless if it makes me laugh. The bar is set so low and political correctness has to be so high that it is just humorless, as well as not even coming close to anything in real life. Not since married with children has there been a sitcom that has actually given me a belly laugh, unless you include Hilary VOLUNTARILY meeting with the fbi.

I love scifi. I could binge watch captain Picard. Marvel,at the alien series, or the very premise of predator. I like watching the ancient alien series not so much cause I believe it but one learns so many interesting facts. Anything that involves imagination is a pull for me.

Primarily at this age after a hard night on usmb I just enjoy watching things tha are mindless. Why am I attracted to starship troopers, I don't know. Spaghetti westerns, I don't know. Get shorty, I don't know. My wife is into this damned outlander series and I leave the room when it comes on, I don't know.

I suspect liberals want there to be a stereotype stupid conservative viewer but I believe there is a vast diversity in tastes no matter which side of the political spectrum. Let's rock!
I totally agree, I can't last 2 minutes with reality TV unless it's the History channel or an occasional Discovery program, although that's gone down hill. Also a big fan of Al Bundy.

To me Tv is, as comedian Bill Burr would say, a way to "tap out" and just forget the news for a while. Sports is another "tap out" mechanism.

Love Sci-Fi I've been a Star Trek fan since I was a pup.

Same here. I am presently watching Star Trek: Voyager again. Just got to the 7 of 9 episodes.
:whip::hitit:

My husband said that gray jumpsuit is the reason the series lasted as long as it did. Holy Borg tits! lol
Seems to be a theme with Star Trek.

Lt Uhura

mp_startrek_uhura.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Over sci fi? If sci fi is filled with badass military characters then why do stuff like reality shows and sitcoms appeal more to them?

Is there a perception that sci fi is too intellectual and left wing?

You say spaceship. I prefer the term orbital battlecruiser.
Nice try, jakeoff.

Your fellow dimwits will catch your drift though, which is nothing more than preaching to your very lame choir.

Big Brother, The Bachelorette, Series like Reign and Downton Abbey- Romantic Comedys- anything sensual leaning dark sensuality. I also love HGTV, The Food Channel, Travel Channel when I'm single which is right now.. I love REALITY TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I have watched a couple of reality shows, but normally I do not go for them. I only watched them because one of my favorite singers were a part of them.

God bless you and my favorites always!!!

Holly

P.S. The only sitcoms that I watch these days are Last Man Standing, Baby Daddy, and Girl Meets World.

Im conservative, i prefer sitcoms and sci fi, as a child and teen i watched everyday star trek (enterprise, enterprise the new generation, deep space nine etc.) and babylon 5. i dont like reality shows. Im quiete conservative for modern day standards, i wouldnt only outlaw gay marriage but sodomy at all. 5 years in prison for having gay sex.

They prefer action movies with thin, simple plots and stereotyped characters, including a ridiculously overblown "hero" that they can project themselves onto.

It amazes me the number of people on this site that consider themselves "soldiers" and "warriors" even though whatever it is they do is completely ordinary.

There are some gravely weak egos on this site.
Mind readers of the world, unite!

Yeah, like. Do people who drink orange juice in the morning prefer cartoons?

Forum List

Back