Do only Christians go to heaven?

No one goes to heaven because it doesn't exist

Prove it?

You haven't proven there is a heaven so you first

Between the two of us, which openly has a belief system of faith?

I'm not standing around trying to claim that I can empirically prove the existence of Heaven, because my belief system is based on faith.

You on the other hand are saying that there is no Heaven, as if it is a provable fact. If it is, then do so.

If you can't, and you are taking it on faith alone that there is no Heaven, which means your view is no more or less valid, than my own view.

There is no empirical proof of heaven.
When there is I'll admit I was wrong

There is no evidence that a supreme being exists
When there is I will admit I was wrong

But you will never say you are wrong because no matter what evidence is given you you will refuse to believe it
You cannot prove a negative. The best you can say is, "We can't replicate God in a lab, so we don't think He exists". God is not an ATM, where you push the right buttons and the goodies come out. He is a sovereign being, unaccountable to mans' demands.

What did he do?....appoint you as a spokesman? Have you ever seen him? Have you ever heard him? Do you realize how stupid folks who believe in ancient gods are?

We are stupid before God.

Psalm 14:1. ...The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. ...

Are Christians the only ones accepted into heaven? - Interesting read (includes Bible verses)
"Classical evangelical doctrine holds that salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ, and that those without such faith will be condemned to hell. A number of texts are typically cited in support of this position."

So a good person who is an atheist goes to hell, but a Christian who commits crimes and murders people can go to heaven?
Please discuss. Is accepting Jesus Christ the only way to go to Heaven?

Other religions can get in. Islam worships the same God as Christians and came later. If worshipping Jesus really mattered, surely God would have told Muhammad that. It's been a while since I read the Quran, but I definitely don't recall it ordering all Muslims to convert to Christianity.

Are Christians the only ones accepted into heaven? - Interesting read (includes Bible verses)
"Classical evangelical doctrine holds that salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ, and that those without such faith will be condemned to hell. A number of texts are typically cited in support of this position."

So a good person who is an atheist goes to hell, but a Christian who commits crimes and murders people can go to heaven?

Other religions can get in. Islam worships the same God as Christians and came later. If worshipping Jesus really mattered, surely God would have told Muhammad that. It's been a while since I read the Quran, but I definitely don't recall it ordering all Muslims to convert to Christianity.
Er..no, muslims do not worship "the same God as Christians" and no, they will not get in.

Jews will get in.
Those who are saved will get in.
There is some argument over who else (if anybody) will be allowed in.

Er..no, muslims do not worship "the same God as Christians" and no, they will not get in.

Jews will get in.

Yes they do. Allah is the same as Yahweh.
And Jews would get in too, I assume. I agree with you on that.

So God would condemn all those in China and India who lived before Christianity and Islam and Judaism spread there? I worship a merciful and loving God, not one who would damn all those who never even had the chance to follow Him.

Jews will get in.

So God would condemn all those in China and India who lived before Christianity and Islam and Judaism spread there? I worship a merciful and loving God, not one who would damn all those who never even had the chance to follow Him.

Er..no, allah is not the same as Yahweh.
I don't care if you agree or not.
I don't know who God will condemn, I already said there is some confusion. I know that those who reject Christ are lost...except the Jews.
As far as those who have never been exposed to Christ...I don't know. Maybe they'll get a chance.

I also don't care who you worship. If you are worshipping allah, thinking he's God, then you're screwed. I do know that much. And if you aren't Jewish, and you reject Christ's gift of salvation and insist on worshiping a false God, you are screwed in a very big and painful way.

"And God spake all these words, saying,

2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

Exodus 20 KJV

Jews will get in.

Er..no, allah is not the same as Yahweh.
I don't care if you agree or not.
I don't know who God will condemn, I already said there is some confusion. I know that those who reject Christ are lost...except the Jews.
As far as those who have never been exposed to Christ...I don't know. Maybe they'll get a chance.

I also don't care who you worship. If you are worshipping allah, thinking he's God, then you're screwed. I do know that much. And if you aren't Jewish, and you reject Christ's gift of salvation and insist on worshiping a false God, you are screwed in a very big and painful way.

I'm a devout Catholic, but I believe God did indeed appear to Muhammad and inspire Islam. It is my belief that God appears differently to different groups of people.

"And God spake all these words, saying,

2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

Exodus 20 KJV

And God said those things to a people notorious for idolatry. God wanted the Hebrews to stay faithful to the religion he gave to them.

Prove it?

I'm not standing around trying to claim that I can empirically prove the existence of Heaven, because my belief system is based on faith.

You on the other hand are saying that there is no Heaven, as if it is a provable fact. If it is, then do so.

If you can't, and you are taking it on faith alone that there is no Heaven, which means your view is no more or less valid, than my own view.

There is no difference in a dumbass who believes in Heaven and one who believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy!

Prove it?

There is no difference in a dumbass who believes in Heaven and one who believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy!
why are you in the religion section if you dont believe in heaven or god

Prove it?

To let you holy rollers know that I don't believe that horse shit! The only thing that aggravates me is that you folks will never know you were wrong.......when you're dead you're dead. That why they named it death.

Prove it?

Typical of the religious

No dissenting viewpoints allowed

That was the reason at 8 I stopped going church and CCD

Some crotchety old priest grabbed me and yelled in my face, "You are not here to ask questions. You are here to listen and believe!"

nice to see that attitude still pervades the religious communities

hadit , Which God do you believe in, and why?
"Which God"? That's very interesting. I assume you mean to ask if I can put a name to God? Please elaborate.

I believe in God because I have seen Him move and work in my own life and in the lives of the people closest to me. I have seen lives changed.

Yes please. Name Him.

I don't like to assume that by 'God' you mean The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and/or The Qur'an unless specified, even though that's exactly Who most Americans are referring to when they use the term 'God'.

I'm also curious as to why you believe in the God that holds your faith.

Please, can you name your God and tell me why you chose Him / Her / It as your God?

Prove it?

Typical of the religious

Some crotchety old priest grabbed me and yelled in my face, "You are not here to ask questions. You are here to listen and believe!"

I was 59 and had just retired after 41 years on the job when I let my family know that not only did I not believe it I never had believed it. I lived the church life for 35 years and I used to look at others in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings and wonder if they doubted too.

The only thing that aggravates me is that you folks will never know you were wrong.......when you're dead you're dead. That why they named it death.

If they will never know they were wrong, weren't they dead long before they died?

If you discovered that you were wrong to even pretend to believe for 60 years, and then stopped, why wouldn't you believe that anyone could do the same which amounts to rising from the dead??

Don't rest on your laurels just yet, ascending bodily into heaven is the next step or else you'll end up endlessly wandering the earth searching for a resting place in vain like a Jack O' Lantern.

Last edited:
Prove it?

There is no empirical proof of heaven.
When there is I'll admit I was wrong

There is no evidence that a supreme being exists
When there is I will admit I was wrong

But you will never say you are wrong because no matter what evidence is given you you will refuse to believe it
You cannot prove a negative. The best you can say is, "We can't replicate God in a lab, so we don't think He exists". God is not an ATM, where you push the right buttons and the goodies come out. He is a sovereign being, unaccountable to mans' demands.

What did he do?....appoint you as a spokesman? Have you ever seen him? Have you ever heard him? Do you realize how stupid folks who believe in ancient gods are?
Define "heard Him". Also, do you realize how dependent you are on the word of others for your own world view?

Typical of the religious

I was 59 and had just retired after 41 years on the job when I let my family know that not only did I not believe it I never had believed it. I lived the church life for 35 years and I used to look at others in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings and wonder if they doubted too.
There are many in church who will be very surprised to find out it did them no good when God says, "I never knew you".

Typical of the religious

There are many in church who will be very surprised to find out it did them no good when God says, "I never knew you".
thats correct man

Typical of the religious

thats correct man

Except that it won't be God saying it. According to the story it will be Jesus who says this.

Forum List

Back