Do Online Polls Prove Anything About Who Will Win?

Oct 4, 2012
I personally can't stand the idea of going to vote on Election Day. Long lines for voting booths combined with the electoral college negating the popular choice are enough to keep me, and millions of others away - but I still get passionate about the candidates and do my research!

There is this online poll for the president that I found to be rather intereseting. Voters don't need to pre-register, and can be anybody.

Mitt was winning until a few days ago, and it appears that the debates swung it in favor of Obama. I'm wondering what people here think about these online polls? Do they hold any merit for you? Are they a good indicator of how the popular vote will turn out on election day?

(I'm not allowed to post URLs yet - please just google "Vote for the President Online" and look for a URL with the same name)

Your thoughts please...

Get your butt out and vote. I believe that most polls are designed to dishearten people and give them the impression that going out on a cold November day and standing in long lines will all be for nothing. Don't fall for it.

Forum List

Back