Do Mormons believe Jesus's mother Mary was a "virgin"?

My God, are radicals going to pick apart segments of Christian theology to make a political point? Be careful lefties. You are cutting your own throats when you engage in bigotry.

I agree that Romney and Obama's religions have nothing to do with this race.

I agree that Romney and Obama's religions have nothing to do with this race.

Either you have shit for brains or you think Romney and Obama have shit for brains. Religion is the core of someone's identity. It has to do with everything.

Religion should have nothing to do with electing a person for the presidency obamas questionable religion of preference never stopped him.

Religion should have nothing to do with electing a person for the presidency obamas questionable religion of preference never stopped him.

Shithead, religion is who someone is. Obama is of the Afro-secular-humanist religion.

Actually, all the Abrahamic religions are werid and illogical...

Talking snakes and magic trees and the world being created in six days.

This is fair as a matter of fact.

Answer: not after God poked her.

This part of Mormonism has always been weird to me.

But evangelical heresies are even weirder.

The doctrine that really gets other Christians offended on Mary's behalf is our belief in an embodied God. Mormons believe that God "has a body of flesh and bone". (D&C 130:22) You combine that belief with the belief that God is the literal father of Jesus Christ, and after putting two and two together and arriving at sex, other Christians have been morally outraged for decades.

Why Mormons do not worship Mary

Mormons believe that God lives not on a planet called Kolob, but they do believe that He lives near a star by that name.

Answering the Critics: Do Mormons believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob?

I thought Mormonism was another from of Christianity. Doesn't seem like it. Seems like a very, very different religion.

Of course, "American Christian" seems far away from the "original" where Jesus wanted to "help the poor".

Again, if you have issues with Romney's religion and don't with Obama's "God damn America" religion, you are a bigot.

I guess my problem is, why was Rev. Wright saying that 9-11 was God's punishment for our foreign policies any more silly or stupid than Rev. Robertson saying that it was God's punishment for letting homosexuals roam freely?

I think both statements were kind of silly... and politicians denouced them from both sides, as they should have.

Which have nothing to do with valid concerns about a secretive cult that spies on other Americans.

I thought they were both stupid, and neither one is my mentor, Jeremiah Wright was a leader and a mentor to Obama, he studied Wright and embraced his ideas, you don't think some of his views are dangerous?

Dangerous to whom.

Now, yeah, maybe you feel threatened by them, because you like to downplay all the nasty racial skeletons this country has in its closet. I thought they were obnoxious and not articulately stated. I don't think there is a Sky Pixie meting out punishment.

But I think Romney's church is far more dangerous, because it doesn't respect the fact that there is separation of Church and state and they have a prophecy that they are going to establish a theocracy in this country...

When you have a whacky cult with a prophecy and a guy who thinks that prophecy might be talking about him, nothing good can come of it.

Romney's not so dangerous because he's a mormon, but because he's a retard. If it looks like a doofus, sounds like a doofus, has a doofus for a wife, and wears magic doofus underwear, well... you get the idea.

Ariux, you are barely sentient, much less a theologian or culturalist.

You are here only for grins and giggles.

Shithead, religion is who someone is. Obama is of the Afro-secular-humanist religion.

Reading Ariux and his co-horts Ima and JoeB remind me that the extremists from each side are here only for grins and giggles.

Ariux, you are barely sentient, much less a theologian or culturalist.

You are here only for grins and giggles.

You have to be a Christian to get elected president of the US.

You have to be a Christian to get elected president of the US.

Christians cannot get elected president of the US. Nominal Christians can, like Osama and Romney. But, real Christians can't. Virgil Goode will be the only Christian on the ballot in most states, and he won't even get half a percent of the popular vote. Ron Paul was the only real Christian in the GOP race, and the GOP cheated to prevent him from getting votes at the Convention, let alone not having a chance to win in any case.

Forum List

Back