Do Mormons believe Jesus's mother Mary was a "virgin"?

R

rdean

The doctrine that really gets other Christians offended on Mary's behalf is our belief in an embodied God. Mormons believe that God "has a body of flesh and bone". (D&C 130:22) You combine that belief with the belief that God is the literal father of Jesus Christ, and after putting two and two together and arriving at sex, other Christians have been morally outraged for decades.

Why Mormons do not worship Mary

Mormons believe that God lives not on a planet called Kolob, but they do believe that He lives near a star by that name.

Answering the Critics: Do Mormons believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob?

I thought Mormonism was another from of Christianity. Doesn't seem like it. Seems like a very, very different religion.

Of course, "American Christian" seems far away from the "original" where Jesus wanted to "help the poor".

There's enough false doctrine to go around. If we all got it right, there would be one church. Christ's church.
God walked. In the cool of the evening, with His children. He had feet when they were necessary. He ate stew with meat in it, that Sarah prepared for Him. He had a nose that worked, because He said it smelled good. He had teeth, and could swallow. He sat around the campfire with His friend Abraham. He had a butt. He put Moses into a crevice and shielded Moses' eyes with His hand to protect Moses from the blinding glory of His face. Moses did get a glimpse of His rear end though.
So, I don't agree with the beliefs of the Mormons. But I don't believe in the dogma of the Catholic's either. Why on earth would you pray to a creation of God's instead of going right to God?
The Virgin Mary was an awesome human being here on earth, and is a big time saint in Heaven. She also has no power. Nor do beads. In fact the bead thing actually pisses God off!
Will there be Catholics in Heaven You bet! Some of the very best people I know. I married one.

So, since God judges a man's heart, and we can't see a man's heart, I rely less on what they say and more on a behavior that indicates the moral fiber of God.
Does that help? :)

Oh and American Christians realize that stealing from people isnt charity.

I do know they believe in the immaculate conception regardless.

"The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood—was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers." Brigham Young

Mormons are Atheists. When you believe "God" is just one of many gods who themselves are nothing but men, you are an Atheist. Men don't have children by virgin women.

Whether Mormons believe some theological point or not determines no policy. William of Ockham and Thomas Aquinas once debated how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. It changed no one's mind about whether Jesus existed or what he did if he did exist.

Does Romney believe that women have the right to murder their children before or after they are born?

Again, if you have issues with Romney's religion and don't with Obama's "God damn America" religion, you are a bigot.

Again, if you have issues with Romney's religion and don't with Obama's "God damn America" religion, you are a bigot.

I guess my problem is, why was Rev. Wright saying that 9-11 was God's punishment for our foreign policies any more silly or stupid than Rev. Robertson saying that it was God's punishment for letting homosexuals roam freely?

I think both statements were kind of silly... and politicians denouced them from both sides, as they should have.

Which have nothing to do with valid concerns about a secretive cult that spies on other Americans.

Whether Mormons believe some theological point or not determines no policy. William of Ockham and Thomas Aquinas once debated how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. It changed no one's mind about whether Jesus existed or what he did if he did exist.

Does Romney believe that women have the right to murder their children before or after they are born?

They aren't children before they are born... sorry.That's why your birth certificate has your date of birth and not your date of conception.

This is fair as a matter of fact.

Answer: not after God poked her.

This part of Mormonism has always been weird to me.

But evangelical heresies are even weirder.

The doctrine that really gets other Christians offended on Mary's behalf is our belief in an embodied God. Mormons believe that God "has a body of flesh and bone". (D&C 130:22) You combine that belief with the belief that God is the literal father of Jesus Christ, and after putting two and two together and arriving at sex, other Christians have been morally outraged for decades.

Why Mormons do not worship Mary

Mormons believe that God lives not on a planet called Kolob, but they do believe that He lives near a star by that name.

Answering the Critics: Do Mormons believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob?

I thought Mormonism was another from of Christianity. Doesn't seem like it. Seems like a very, very different religion.

Of course, "American Christian" seems far away from the "original" where Jesus wanted to "help the poor".

They aren't children before they are born... sorry.That's why your birth certificate has your date of birth and not your date of conception.

Liberals may be children at some point in their lives, but they're never people.

I guess my problem is, why was Rev. Wright saying that 9-11 was God's punishment for our foreign policies any more silly or stupid than Rev. Robertson saying that it was God's punishment for letting homosexuals roam freely?

I think both statements were kind of silly... and politicians denouced them from both sides, as they should have.

Which have nothing to do with valid concerns about a secretive cult that spies on other Americans.

I thought they were both stupid, and neither one is my mentor, Jeremiah Wright was a leader and a mentor to Obama, he studied Wright and embraced his ideas, you don't think some of his views are dangerous?

Forum List

Back