Do left wingers believe most Republicans hate America?

Yes you have no point evidenced by you keep repeating the same thing over and over.

Yes it has succeeded, yes it has helped...lowering the poverty rate has shit to do with if it helped or not. Because you say so is not a good defense

Lowering the rate has nothing to do with whether it worked or not? That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. But you're forced to make it because you don't have a defense of the welfare system, Closed.

What have we gotten in our war on poverty?
Paved Roads
Water and sewer systems in rural areas
Hospitals in rural areas
Access to medical care
Access to higher education
Jobs programs
A social safety net

It has made us a better country

Can't argue that rightwinger. You are 100% correct. The progress you cite here is all well and good and i support every bit of it. But I'm not willing to borrow money to provide cell phones for everyone, and a lot of other stuff like that. I'm also not willing to keep borrowing money to provide goodies for the wealthiest Americans either, or to fund a war we should have never entered into.

Lotta waste, lotta excess and a lotta debt.

Lowering the rate has nothing to do with whether it worked or not? That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. But you're forced to make it because you don't have a defense of the welfare system, Closed.

Paved Roads
Hospitals in rural areas
Access to medical care
Jobs programs
A social safety net

Can't argue that rightwinger. You are 100% correct. The progress you cite here is all well and good and i support every bit of it. But I'm not willing to borrow money to provide cell phones for everyone, and a lot of other stuff like that. I'm also not willing to keep borrowing money to provide goodies for the wealthiest Americans either, or to fund a war we should have never entered into.

How do you link paved roads, education, water, sewer and hospitals to welfare programs?

Paved Roads
Hospitals in rural areas
Access to medical care
Jobs programs
A social safety net

How do you link paved roads, education, water, sewer and hospitals to welfare programs?

Do you comprehend what poverty is?

You didn't answer the question, that much is obvious.

Definition of POVERTY
a : the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions
b : renunciation as a member of a religious order of the right as an individual to own property
: scarcity, dearth
a : debility due to malnutrition
b : lack of fertility

Yes you have no point evidenced by you keep repeating the same thing over and over.

Yes it has succeeded, yes it has helped...lowering the poverty rate has shit to do with if it helped or not. Because you say so is not a good defense

Paved Roads
Hospitals in rural areas
Access to medical care
Jobs programs
A social safety net

The welfare system has given us paved roads, water and sewer systems, hospitals, access to medical care and higher education? How do you figure? Citizens generally pay for things like that with property taxes. Things like the national highway system were paid for by taxes on gasoline.

It has given us jobs programs and a social safety net. But since the number of people in poverty essentially hasn't changed since 1966 when Lyndon Johnson unveiled his "war on poverty" it's quite hard to portray either as a success at ridding the country of poverty.

Definition of POVERTY
a : the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions
b : renunciation as a member of a religious order of the right as an individual to own property

Do you understand what poverty is?

Rightwing kneejerk says poverty=welfare

Welfare is a safety net and all modern societies provide one. The war on poverty was fought not just with welfare but with programs to enable people to escape poverty.

Paved Roads
Hospitals in rural areas
Access to medical care
Jobs programs
A social safety net

The welfare system has given us paved roads, water and sewer systems, hospitals, access to medical care and higher education? How do you figure? Citizens generally pay for things like that with property taxes. Things like the national highway system were paid for by taxes on gasoline.

It has given us jobs programs and a social safety net. But since the number of people in poverty essentially hasn't changed since 1966 when Lyndon Johnson unveiled his "war on poverty" it's quite hard to portray either as a success at ridding the country of poverty.

Once again, the rightwing demonstrates its inability to understand how a War on Poverty can be more than just a welfare check.

LBJ grew up in extreme poverty. That meant no electricity, no paved roads, no indoor plumbing. It wasn't just a welfare check to the poor but reaching out to poor communities and ensuring that they had adequate public service.
This meant government getting involved to pave roads, build decent schools, hospitals, electric power, sanitation services. Children from poor communities now have more access to a good meal, health services, public education and advanced education

You have a disconnect between what welfare is and what services provided by government are, Winger.

You lump them all together in a failed attempt to try and show that "welfare" has succeeded.

Yes, government has taken tax dollars to build infrastructure. That is NOT welfare. Welfare is the government giving entitlement money to people in the form of food stamps, housing assistance, medical care and just plain cash in their pockets to live on. If what you were looking to do was eradicate poverty, then our welfare system has been a colossal failure. We've spent 15 trillion and haven't lowered the poverty rate substantially at all.

And yes, other "modern societies" employ some form of welfare or another and unfortunately most of them have the same problem we've ended up with...able bodied people choosing not to work because there is a "dole" to provide for them.

Definition of POVERTY

Do you understand what poverty is?

Rightwing kneejerk says poverty=welfare

Welfare is a safety net and all modern societies provide one. The war on poverty was fought not just with welfare but with programs to enable people to escape poverty.

Enable people to escape poverty. Apparently no one escaped.

Paved Roads
Hospitals in rural areas
Access to medical care
Jobs programs
A social safety net

Once again, the rightwing demonstrates its inability to understand how a War on Poverty can be more than just a welfare check.

LBJ grew up in extreme poverty. That meant no electricity, no paved roads, no indoor plumbing. It wasn't just a welfare check to the poor but reaching out to poor communities and ensuring that they had adequate public service.
This meant government getting involved to pave roads, build decent schools, hospitals, electric power, sanitation services. Children from poor communities now have more access to a good meal, health services, public education and advanced education

Of course LBJ grew up without electricity and in door plumbing as did most Americans in that era. Hell I was damn near a teenager in the 60's when my grandmother finally got indoor plumbing.

Of course LBJ grew up without electricity and in door plumbing as did most Americans in that era. Hell I was damn near a teenager in the 60's when my grandmother finally got indoor plumbing.

LBJ grew up poor in West Texas. It gave him a perspective on poverty that JFK certainly did not have

Forum List

Back