Do Guardian Angels Exist?

ok ding let me ask you this....what is the purpose of a guardian angel?...what are they guarding?....
I have no idea. Is it to protect the soul, the body, both? Is it 24/7/365? Or just key events? Given that I believe that everything works for good who is to say what will produce the ultimate good. If you believe that all that exists is the body I can see why you have boiled this down to material health. But you still keep ignoring all the instances when bad things don't happen to good people and that's your blind spot.

why dont you just admit that millions of so called guardian angels dont do a very good job at guarding....angels may exist but guardian angels dont....if they do many of them suck at that job....
Have you considered that perhaps it is humans who lack the knowledge and understanding of the purpose of angels? People jump to conclusions, and these conclusions are not necessarily correct. For example, we hear a story where an angel is credited with saving a life. We jump to the conclusion that is their purpose--to save lives. Perhaps there is more involved.

I have no idea. Is it to protect the soul, the body, both? Is it 24/7/365? Or just key events? Given that I believe that everything works for good who is to say what will produce the ultimate good. If you believe that all that exists is the body I can see why you have boiled this down to material health. But you still keep ignoring all the instances when bad things don't happen to good people and that's your blind spot.
why are they called guardian angels?.....

The guardian angels protect, reveal information, guide, provide for, and minister to believers in general.

"Matthew 18:10 states, “See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.” In the context, “these little ones” could either apply to those who believe in Him (v. 6) or it could refer to the little children (vs. 3-5). This is the key passage regarding guardian angels. There is no doubt that good angels help protect (Daniel 6:20-23; 2 Kings 6:13-17), reveal information (Acts 7:52-53; Luke 1:11-20), guide (Matthew 1:20-21; Acts 8:26), provide for (Genesis 21:17-20; 1 Kings 19:5-7), and minister to believers in general (Hebrews 1:14)."

YEC website

Maybe. Why not?

Like I said before... It's pretty common for people to think the bad vastly outweighs the good.
and its pretty pointless to believe that an being of god would be protecting someone molesting little kids or watching them kill innocent people...you must be a die hard catholic to believe this shit..

Solzhenitsyn said, "If, as claimed by humanism, man were born only to be happy, he would not be born to die. Since his body is doomed to death, his task on earth evidently must be more spiritual: not a total engrossment in everyday life, not the search for the best ways to obtain material goods and then their carefree consumption. It has to be the fulfillment of a permanent, earnest duty so that one’s life journey may become above all an experience of moral growth: to leave life a better human being than one started it."

Solzhenitsyn said, "If, as claimed by humanism, man were born only to be happy, he would not be born to die. Since his body is doomed to death, his task on earth evidently must be more spiritual: not a total engrossment in everyday life, not the search for the best ways to obtain material goods and then their carefree consumption. It has to be the fulfillment of a permanent, earnest duty so that one’s life journey may become above all an experience of moral growth: to leave life a better human being than one started it."
good for Solzhenitsyn....

good for Solzhenitsyn....
I agree.

Maimonides said, "It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils."

It's not an excuse. If you want to be angry at God, you should probably start with everyone dying.
not angry at god at all.....this is about so called guardian angels doing a horrible job at something you think they apparently do pretty good....

Catholic thought asks the question, "But why did God not create a world so perfect that no evil could exist in it?" And answers it with, "With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself."

Forum List

Back