Do Federal/State/Local Governments Create Jobs?

Do Federal/State/Local Governments Create Jobs?

• Total voters
n-UPS-URINATES-large300.jpg

VIDEO: UPS Driver Caught Tossing Box, Urinating On House

I've never seen my USPS mail carrier doing such stuff. Have you?
to bad nobody would let him use their bathroom after all those years of walking the beat to deliver your junk mail? lol. he could have pissed away from the house a bit I suppose. lol

That would obviously be impossible since it's illegal.
i will tell you a few things private firms wont do if they got to deliver the 1st class....First-Class Mail prices are the same regardless of how far the mail travels and that postage includes forwarding and return services.....lets see a private firm want to do that without charging more for distance and forwarding and return service....

They may charge more, or they may not. It depends on whether the difference in revenue will cover the cost of segregating mail based on the distance it travels.

Even if they do, so what? Why should a letter cost the same no matter where it's delivered?
what!.....you are here arguing about the PO and you have no idea why a Universal PO was developed by Franklin and company?.....there is reason for that Bri...they have been doing this for 200 plus years?....

The rationalizations they came up with aren't important. Whatever they are, they are bogus. There is no justification for having government provide a service that the private sector can easily provide.

Sure there is

If the government can do a task better and at a lower cost to the taxpayer, We the People benefit

There is no reason the taxpayers should have to provide profits to the private sector

ROFL! When has government done anything at lower cost than the private sector?

And government getting out of the way is not "providing profits to the private sector." Commerce isn't an activity that government allows individuals to participate in, at least not in a free country.

if private companies will not clean up after the wreckage the create economically, physically, socially, etc... then we all have to pay to have it cleaned up or run the real danger of having these sparks ignite ,burning our homes down. If you want some third world here and now then keep tearing this so called first world apart with our greed and vanity
You're worried about Walmart burning down your spacious hovel? Can we be any more extreme? Who wants to eliminate fire ordinances?
this is a good one. liked it. hoping for a bit more but what do you expect from a weasel. lol

More apt is :"There is something wrong with this house!" And Joe Blow and Vinny Bagodonuts and Sylvia Corneas come up with solutions to repair all the houses.
Uh, private folks have to compete. You just described what's wrong with government.
You don't think that here's competition between engineering firms, abatement contractors, PPE manufacturers?

i will tell you a few things private firms wont do if they got to deliver the 1st class....First-Class Mail prices are the same regardless of how far the mail travels and that postage includes forwarding and return services.....lets see a private firm want to do that without charging more for distance and forwarding and return service....

They may charge more, or they may not. It depends on whether the difference in revenue will cover the cost of segregating mail based on the distance it travels.

Even if they do, so what? Why should a letter cost the same no matter where it's delivered?
what!.....you are here arguing about the PO and you have no idea why a Universal PO was developed by Franklin and company?.....there is reason for that Bri...they have been doing this for 200 plus years?....

The rationalizations they came up with aren't important. Whatever they are, they are bogus. There is no justification for having government provide a service that the private sector can easily provide.

Sure there is

If the government can do a task better and at a lower cost to the taxpayer, We the People benefit
so your private sector paying it's workers less is a good thing when you are paying for it? lol. you really are that little kid giving the finger aren't you?
There is no reason the taxpayers should have to provide profits to the private sector

And government getting out of the way is not "providing profits to the private sector." Commerce isn't an activity that government allows individuals to participate in, at least not in a free country.

Sure there is

so your private sector paying it's workers less is a good thing when you are paying for it? lol. you really are that little kid giving the finger aren't you?

Private firms do deliver mail. What part of private "mail" carriers being common place is confusing you"? You've never heard of fed-ex? You added the term first class to mail, not me. Mail is a generic term.

They deliver packages. They don't deliver 1st class mail, which is the kind you get in your mailbox. They are not even allowed to put anything in your mail box.
packages are considered mail too.....
I never said first class mail. Again you are making that up. I said mail. Mail is a generic term.
The private guys can't put stuff in your USPTO owned mail box, unless they are being contracted by the USPTO. But they can put stuff in a privately owned mail box at your home or place of business that is designated for non-first class mail shit. The reason for the first class mail rule is they don't want the private guys taking your paychecks or outgoing payments. That said the USPTO subs out to private firms and independent contractors for some deliveries and vice versa. Many incoming and outgoing items don't even hit a mail box of any kind.

I thought you didn't want to have a discussion on this.

Wrong. The reason for it is because Postal workers don't want to compete with private firm who can do the same job for a lot less.
thats not the reason why.....where the hell do you get this shit?....

Yes, that is the reason. Every time a bill comes up to legalize 1st class mail delivery the Postal Union goes into overdrive to shoot it down.
we did this dance before Bri.....what would you expect a Union to do?....be for it?.....i would not be a member if they just rolled over and did not fight for that....BUT that is not why the Private Express Statutes were enacted back in the 1700's....there was no Union at that time...their reason made sense then and it still holds water today...........

That was 300 years ago. However, the rationalizations were just as bogus then as they are now. It never held water.
more like 240 years ago....and of course you know this because of the many years you spent in the delivery of mail.....you dont know shit....that reason is very sound today as it was then.....and if any private company took over the delivery of 1 st class they would be working under those statutes for the same reasons...integrity of the mail.....

They deliver packages. They don't deliver 1st class mail, which is the kind you get in your mailbox. They are not even allowed to put anything in your mail box.
packages are considered mail too.....
Wrong. The reason for it is because Postal workers don't want to compete with private firm who can do the same job for a lot less.
thats not the reason why.....where the hell do you get this shit?....

Yes, that is the reason. Every time a bill comes up to legalize 1st class mail delivery the Postal Union goes into overdrive to shoot it down.
we did this dance before Bri.....what would you expect a Union to do?....be for it?.....i would not be a member if they just rolled over and did not fight for that....BUT that is not why the Private Express Statutes were enacted back in the 1700's....there was no Union at that time...their reason made sense then and it still holds water today...........

That was 300 years ago. However, the rationalizations were just as bogus then as they are now. It never held water.
more like 240 years ago....and of course you know this because of the many years you spent in the delivery of mail.....you dont know shit....that reason is very sound today as it was then.....and if any private company took over the delivery of 1 st class they would be working under those statutes for the same reasons...integrity of the mail.....

What reason is that? You seem afraid to post it.

But Romney said Corporations are people.

Was he lying?
I didn't think you would ever believe a Republican.

I'm amused that when the GOP is cashing their checks, Corporations are people. When it's not a convenient argument on another topic...you guys disavow what your party's nominee believes.

Have you ever seen a corporation sitting on a toilet or catching the flu? Debate over ... you lose.

I was just quoting the most prominent republican in the nation...YOUR party's nominee for President last time out.

Was he lying?

I'm Independent ... not Republican. They're a bit too liberal for my blood but not nearly as bad as the Dumbocrat Party.

Ahh, well, I was quoting the Republican...was he lying? Did you vote for him?

Packages are obviously going to cost more than an envelope with a letter, so your demand is just as idiotic.

Deliver ANYTHING...ANYWHERE

Find me a single private company that will even come to your home for 50 cents

You claim they are so much more efficient than the Post Office. Show me a single example of the efficiency of private industry that can match the post office delivering a letter cross country for 50 cents

We'll never know until Congress makes it legal.

So what are you and the Postal Union afraid of?

Lets be honest Fingerboy

Private industry would balk at the idea of having to pick up letters at private homes and deliver them to homes coast to coast for 50 cents. They can't do it
They would insist on limited delivery days only to routes that are profitable
Postal delivery to rural areas would cease to exist

no it wouldnt...they would just leave it for the PO to do....like they do now....

No they wouldn't

We are talking about abolishing the Post Office and having Fingerboy show us how much more efficiently the private sector could do the task
oh i see....

Lets be honest Fingerboy

Private industry would balk at the idea of having to pick up letters at private homes and deliver them to homes coast to coast for 50 cents. They can't do it

no it wouldnt...they would just leave it for the PO to do....like they do now....
Well, that's not taking over the duties of the PO now...is it?
any discussion about privatizing the PO that i have ever seen, whatever Company takes over the PO would be responsible for the stuff the PO does now.....like Rural deliveries....
I don't know why anybody would want to privatize the post office. Stupid idea. We've had enough with economic malfunction forced by our personal greed. Enough with the few, ie privatization of prisons, po, schools, etc.. getting rich as the many doing the work get less and less. fuck off and go to hell all you privatizors. you are worse then the idea of government of the people for the peole.
there are pros and cons about it....the PO justs needs to be run by the people they pay to run it,not people in Congress who have no idea of what goes on in the day to day operation.....

Sure there is

Happens all the time

Lets look at the example of Garbage Collection. Some municipalities do it themselves, others contract it out

Option A: Town buys a couple of trucks and hires crews to man them
Option B: Town elects for private companies to do garbage collection

The town has the advantage of not having to pay taxes on their buildings, vehicles or facilities. They are also operating on a non-profit basis.
The private company is primarily looking to make a profit off the taxpayer. They must pay taxes on facilities, vehicles and profit

Why should the taxpayer feel obligated to provide a profit making enterprise to the private sector?

Lets be honest Fingerboy

any discussion about privatizing the PO that i have ever seen, whatever Company takes over the PO would be responsible for the stuff the PO does now.....like Rural deliveries....
I don't know why anybody would want to privatize the post office. Stupid idea. We've had enough with economic malfunction forced by our personal greed. Enough with the few, ie privatization of prisons, po, schools, etc.. getting rich as the many doing the work get less and less. fuck off and go to hell all you privatizors. you are worse then the idea of government of the people for the peole.
there are pros and cons about it....the PO justs needs to be run by the people they pay to run it,not people in Congress who have no idea of what goes on in the day to day operation.....
not to mention congress unevenly laying down operating laws against the po so they can rob these set aside monies. why we are tolerating this is beyond me/. it's gotta be the fluoride for the losers and the free ride for the "winners"?

Lets be honest Fingerboy

I know...I feel the same way that you do. But the argument is creating jobs and the private sector being able to do whatever the government can do.

The leadership would be doing the nation a favor if they leveled with the people and instituted a plan to wind down the Postal Service.
just let the people they pay to run the place,run the place......they will sink or swim.....

Show me a private firm that will pick up a letter from my home and deliver it to someone elses home on the other side of the country for under 50 cents

I dare you to show me a private firm that would deliver to the other side of town for 50 cents

That would obviously be impossible since it's illegal.

if you say so Bri.....you have no idea of what you are talking about with mail delivery....but you have your opinion,and thats all it is... an opinion.......reality is out on the streets delivering the stuff and seeing the shit that you claim is "bogus".....

Forum List

Back