Do Democrats Have A Future?

Here's the problem the GOP has.

The Demographic problem they had in 2008 and 2012 still hasnt' been resolved in 2014. It just didn't come into play because of where the contests were held.

Now, I do give the GOP a lot of credit. They avoided nominating any outright crazy teabaggers, none of their canidates felt the need to put an adjective in front of the word "Rape" in order to rationalize their extreme views on abortion. In fact, they avoided talking about abortion at all.

They even talked about wage stagnation and wealth inequality like those were real things.

What does most people mean? You use the term as a one all to beat all... The American people have spoken... right?

Well, they also have spoken on Obamacare and Immigration too. That didn't stop the Liar in Chief.

No, an election in 9 backwater states is not asking the people what they think. And your guys really didn't run on immigration or ObamaCare. Tillis, who won in NC, was PRO-Amnesty. So was Gardner in CO.

So, you dispute the majority of Americans oppose Obamcare and Immigration free rides?

-Geaux

So, you dispute the majority of Americans oppose Obamcare and Immigration free rides?

Uh, yeah. If you want to discuss actual policies instead of broad brushes.

Most Americans actually LIKE the components of ObamaCare. They just don't like the term "ObamaCare".

How can you say that, when on ly 37% of ALL of AMERICA approve of Obamacare?

-Geaux

No matter who is in charge some things always stay the same. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, big business runs the country(that's a bad thing). Our politicians sell out to wherever the money comes from, so those at the top rule the roost. I've been alive for 76 years. Things haven't changed a bit. I would say our political system is broken beyond repair. Until we keep the wealthy from occupying office it won't change no matter who is in charge. No more businessmen, no more lawyers running the country. That's a start.

Uh, yeah. If you want to discuss actual policies instead of broad brushes.

Most Americans actually LIKE the components of ObamaCare. They just don't like the term "ObamaCare".

How can you say that, when on ly 37% of ALL of AMERICA approve of Obamacare?

-Geaux

Because when people are polled on the aspects of the ACA, they overwhelmingly like it...but when asked if they like "Obamacare", they don't.

It's like saying you like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots all mixed together, but you don't like salad.

Democrats are hanging on by fingernails hoping they can import enough minorities to turn the tide. That's all they have.

If obama continues they will have no chance at all.

Democrats are hanging on by fingernails hoping they can import enough minorities to turn the tide. That's all they have.

If obama continues they will have no chance at all.

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

reality. The GOP has not won an HONEST presidential election since 1988.

They stole 2000 and feared us into keeping them in power in 2004. On a NATIONAL level, the GOP is moribund, only kept alive by gerrymandering and Koch Brothers money.

If Republicans fail to take advantage of this rare moment then Dems will likely slither back in to positions of power. It's up to the Repubs to stop pretending to be Dem-light. It's time for them to put their money where their mouth is. It's time for them to fix America before sending billions to foreign nations. If they continue doing "more of the same" then they're no better than the Dems.

Neither liberalism nor conservatism are going anywhere.

If the narcissists on both ends would just find another hobby, perhaps we could get back to an environment like the 90's, when Clinton and Gingrich knew how to work together.

Can't have that.

I'm sorry, guy. Clinton got impeached for a blowjob and Gingrich was forced to resign by his own caucus. That's hardly "working together".

We have the same problem then we have now... that our system allows one party to control congress and the other to control the White House. so the big problems don't get tackled.

If Republicans fail to take advantage of this rare moment then Dems will likely slither back in to positions of power. It's up to the Repubs to stop pretending to be Dem-light. It's time for them to put their money where their mouth is. It's time for them to fix America before sending billions to foreign nations. If they continue doing "more of the same" then they're no better than the Dems.

This moment is that people didn't bother to vote. YOu guys start trying to impose your mean spirited crazy, they will correct that oversight.

Neither liberalism nor conservatism are going anywhere.

If the narcissists on both ends would just find another hobby, perhaps we could get back to an environment like the 90's, when Clinton and Gingrich knew how to work together.

Can't have that.

Well...except for that whole "shut down the government" and "Impeachment" thing...

You need to go further back...to Reagan and O'Neil. It was the likes of Rove and Gingrich that took us down our current path.

After last election's wipeout this is a legitimate question. The Democrat platform of race baiting, woman pandering, and class warfare was shown to be a total failure. So if they can't run on those things, what can they win with? The Democrats increasingly look like a shrinking party, popular only in the inner cities, and on college campuses. Even the non-government unions are sick of them, having gotten royally fucked by Obamacare and other regulatory intitiatives.
A look at their leadership reveals no new faces. Reid is 74. So is Pelosi. Those mentioned as presidential candidates are either retreads, like Clinton, or extreme left wingers who wont attract a following outside the welfare classes.
With the biggest history of failed policies in a generation Democrats seem to be out of ideas. "BOOSH" just doesnt sell like it used to.
The stink of a pile of donkey shit lingers...it may take some time...a lot of people like it...it comes with benefits.

This moment is that people didn't bother to vote. YOu guys start trying to impose your mean spirited crazy, they will correct that oversight.

Firstly ... I'm not a "you guys" because I renounced my Republican affiliation after a) Bush's failure to secure the border and b) Bush's gigantic power grab with the creation of Department of Homeland Security and c) Bush's trade/treaty agreements with foreign interests. Nonetheless, I did vote for as many Conservatives as I could this last time around (including a number of Republicans at the State and Federal level). When it was possible, I voted for Constitution Party members and/or Republican Tea Party Statesmen.

As for the folks who didn't vote ... there were likely as many Conservatives as there were Liberals who didn't vote. The Conservatives are simply tired of voting for folks who simply don't represent them (or lie to get the vote) and the Liberals are too hungover or stoned to get off of their butts.

Of course the Democratic Party has a future. Anyone that believes they are dead are laboring under a delusion. It reminds me of when folks were prating on about the GOP being dead after 2006 and 2008. Nonsense. It's a two party system, they'll be back. Bet the farm on it.

I think one of the reasons the GOP was able to secure the Senate and strengthen their hold in the House ... Has a lot to do the fact they didn't say a lot.

They stuck to the simple message of opposing President Obama and Progressive Liberals in Congress.... And let the Democrats look like fools pressing old song and dance issues and previously passed disastrous legislation (the ACA for instance).

The pendulum swings. We are due for a great President. One that is Mt. Rushmore or Memorial on the Mall worthy. They are rare in American politics. No one can predict whether it will be a Republican or Democrat. We won't even know it until after they are gone.

Of course the Democratic Party has a future. Anyone that believes they are dead are laboring under a delusion. It reminds me of when folks were prating on about the GOP being dead after 2006 and 2008. Nonsense. It's a two party system, they'll be back. Bet the farm on it.
Agreed sort of. They will need to reinvent themselves as something else. Clinton type centrists maybe. But the current incarnation of hard left Democrats are headed for oblivion.

Forum List

Back