Do Cops Make Too Much Money?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
Do we pay Law Enforcement Enough? We often hear that police officers make too much money. But maybe we should be asking are they being paid enough?

Being a cop is so middle class - Jan. 6 2015

Police and other public workers - particularly teachers - have OUTRAGEOUS retirement benefits, pensions and healthcare. Police is the 7th most dangerous job in the US. Behind farming, fishing, construction, firefighter. I wouldn't do it, they deserve the pay. But not the pensions. Everybody should be in the Social Security system.

Do we pay Law Enforcement Enough? We often hear that police officers make too much money. But maybe we should be asking are they being paid enough?

Being a cop is so middle class - Jan. 6 2015

Police and other public workers - particularly teachers - have OUTRAGEOUS retirement benefits, pensions and healthcare. Police is the 7th most dangerous job in the US. Behind farming, fishing, construction, firefighter. I wouldn't do it, they deserve the pay. But not the pensions. Everybody should be in the Social Security system.

The retirement benefits are the issue. The politicians negotiated these great packages, and didn't fund them adequately. They left ticking time bombs for governments in the future.

The problem is the future is about 10 years from now, when these funds are going to need MASSIVE infusions from government general funds. So that means more taxes, less services, or a combo of the two.

I'm fine with police and fire having pensions. I don't want a bunch of 68 year old guys showing up when my house is on fire. It is the municipal/state/federal workers sitting in offices that shouldn't be receiving them.

The cops I know make good money

Beyond their basic pay they get killer overtime and great vacation, health and retirement benefits

Retirement after 20 years and get a job in private security

Forum List

Back