Do Conservatives Fan The Flames Of Poverty?

So what is wrong with the system? Why is there poverty in the richest country (if that is still so) on Earth? After 200 years, you think there might be a solution.

Hard work,education,living within one's means,a little luck but other than that, I don't see any type Utopian solutions, there are always going to be those at the bottom of the "food chain" so to speak and all the government policies in the world won't resolve it, I mean, can you name a country without poverty?

Well that is the question, and I probably would have to agree with your observation that it takes several items in order to succeed in the capitalist system. Attitude is a likely culprit. I can see how that would stiffle education.

I pretty much destroyed the hard word myth ditch digger vs. CEO, but work as a means to self-esteem building for confidence, relates back to changing attitude for education. A work element in the school years would seem productive, some kind of community program like Obamas.

Both my Parents came from dirt poor beginnings so I have faith in hard work,education and those things, need the luxury of descent health I suppose but I have known people who are blind or paralyzed reach success.

I'd appreciate if I got people to join me in getting this idiot to answer this:

"What exactly do you want? What type of government would you like to see implemented? What economic system? What are your ideas that you propose to better society in your view?"

basically, just post it in shintao's threads until he leaves or has the courage to answer it.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a coherent answer from him.

He's just trolling for attention. He clearly has little knowledge of history, economics, political systems, and life in general.

It doesn't appear you have a grasp of anything except that dingle berry clinging to my anus, because you are just a pain in the asshole.

Hard work,education,living within one's means,a little luck but other than that, I don't see any type Utopian solutions, there are always going to be those at the bottom of the "food chain" so to speak and all the government policies in the world won't resolve it, I mean, can you name a country without poverty?

Well that is the question, and I probably would have to agree with your observation that it takes several items in order to succeed in the capitalist system. Attitude is a likely culprit. I can see how that would stiffle education.

I pretty much destroyed the hard word myth ditch digger vs. CEO, but work as a means to self-esteem building for confidence, relates back to changing attitude for education. A work element in the school years would seem productive, some kind of community program like Obamas.

What exactly do you want? What type of government would you like to see implemented? What economic system? What are your ideas that you propose to better society in your view?

That is off topic for this thread: Thread: Do Conservatives Fan The Flames Of Poverty? Reply to Thread

Both my Parents came from dirt poor beginnings so I have faith in hard work,education and those things, need the luxury of descent health I suppose but I have known people who are blind or paralyzed reach success.

Ray Charles made it in America, and I would say he had every barrier put before him. I was lucky in most ways growing up, but I was taught the work ethic & thrift, not much education due to moving around a lot.

Ray Charles made it in America, and I would say he had every barrier put before him. I was lucky in most ways growing up, but I was taught the work ethic & thrift, not much education due to moving around a lot.

I hear ya, mine came up during the Great Depression. I think free markets is the answer, I simply don't trust too much government.:eusa_angel:

What exactly do you want? What type of government would you like to see implemented? What economic system? What are your ideas that you propose to better society in your view?

That is off topic for this thread: Thread: Do Conservatives Fan The Flames Of Poverty? Reply to Thread

answer the question and i will relate it to the topic, trust me.

Approx number of black Americans in this country -> 25 million

Approx percentage of black Americans living in poverty -> 24%

Approx number of Americans living in Poverty -> 36 million

What that says is that many more Americans live in poverty than the entire number of blacks in this country.

What that says is that many more Americans live in poverty than the entire number of blacks in this country.

thank the democrat poverty pimps and LBJ for that.
Thank the systematic destruction of the nuclear family due to the war on poverty.
thank entitlements that promote sloth instead of responsibility.

You know what the cause of those numbers are (if true, you didnt give a link)...and the cause is left wing ideology and the liberal poverty pimps.

You and your ilk are not just part of the problem, you are the problem.
Support and advocate responsibility and you will see more successful people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX864fXR1A0]YouTube - Black Conservatives Blast Al Sharpton Protesters in DC 8/28[/ame]

Last edited:
In spite of racial discrimination and poverty, at schools with the worst dropout rates and poorest graduation percentages, you can generally find a handful of students who do well in such environments. And I contend it is because they come to school with an attitude that they're going to succeed rather than with attitudes exhibited by most of their fellow students.

Those who turn their backs on opportunity are doomed to a life of poverty.

I think it's moreso the parents. There are exceptions to every rule, however.

I think that is also true. Parents who are undereducated cannot teach children that are undereducated. It still goes back to the parent & child attitude. I think that is a good answer towards solving the problem.

one does not need a higher education to teach their children the basics they need to go out in the world and learn for themselves.

As you will notice, discrimination is one tool used to create poverty by limiting opportunities in many different areas of society, and why we still have Affirmative Action programs. Here is a little enlightenment on poverty, followed by a couple of questions that require logical, cognitive answers.

"The lack of basic security connotes the absence of one or more factors enabling individuals and families to assume basic responsibilities and to enjoy fundamental rights. The situation may become widespread and result in more serious and permanent consequences. The lack of basic security leads to chronic poverty when it simultaneously affects several aspects of people’s lives, when it is prolonged and when it severely compromises people’s chances of regaining their rights and of reassuming their responsibilities in the foreseeable future."

Extreme poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the minimum level of income deemed necessary to achieve an adequate standard of living in a given country."
Poverty threshold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.Suppose somehow we significantly reduce racial discrimination. Will total poverty fall?

2.Suppose we give poor people effective skill training and compensatory education. Will total poverty fall?

Causes of Poverty

LMAO..........this idiot obviously missed the memo this week.

US poverty on track to post record gain in 2009 - Yahoo! News

US poverty on track to post record gain in 2009

By HOPE YEN and LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writers Hope Yen And Liz Sidoti, Associated Press Writers – Sat Sep 11, 2:13 pm ET
WASHINGTON – The number of people in the U.S. who are in poverty is on track for a record increase on President Barack Obama's watch, with the ranks of working-age poor approaching 1960s levels that led to the national war on poverty.

Census figures for 2009 — the recession-ravaged first year of the Democrat's presidency — are to be released in the coming week, and demographers expect grim findings.

It's unfortunate timing for Obama and his party just seven weeks before important elections when control of Congress is at stake. The anticipated poverty rate increase — from 13.2 percent to about 15 percent — would be another blow to Democrats struggling to persuade voters to keep them in power.

Oooooooops!!!!!!!!!

ps..........lefties never want people to know that over 11 trillion dollars have been spent on the "War on Poverty" since 1965 = fcukking fAiL

Last edited:

More whites than blacks live in poverty and on welfare, there is a higher percentage of blacks living on programs but in sheer numbers, whites are the top recipients.

thank the democrat poverty pimps and LBJ for that.
Thank the systematic destruction of the nuclear family due to the war on poverty.
thank entitlements that promote sloth instead of responsibility.

You know what the cause of those numbers are (if true, you didnt give a link)...and the cause is left wing ideology and the liberal poverty pimps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX864fXR1A0]YouTube - Black Conservatives Blast Al Sharpton Protesters in DC 8/28[/ame]

THAT woman is the shit..........I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. She's far more a leader than Barak Obama!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We've had programs at the Federal level to help the poor for 75 years or longer and the best offered is "are conservatives fanning the Flames Of Poverty and we have more in the grasp of poverty;not as a percentage but in actual numbers than ever?:eusa_eh:

So what is wrong with the system? Why is there poverty in the richest country (if that is still so) on Earth? After 200 years, you think there might be a solution.

I'd bet it's because people like you with proposals expect someone else to pay for them. How much did you spend last year to do your part in eradicating poverty?

Are we not supposed to discuss how Obama and the Dems have set records for driving Americans into poverty just like Roosevelt's New Deal?

If you care to. I don't see any end to poverty in sight, regardless of who is administering the programs or doing the studies. Yet other countries have managed to deal with their poverty. Why is that?

Which countries are those?

Acually I was thinking more like Sweden. They may still have a few in poverty.

Ah yes, Sweden.

Sweden has delt with their poverty by not having kids.

Probably a good idea, based on personal experience.

There is probably a formula for most of life's problems, and a smaller system is eaiser to look at to get some rough numbers from. I was tought it takes three children to replace 1 family in the future due to hazards and such ~ you lose one. I think people have cut back, isn't our population figures shrinking (not including the illegals)? Probably one child per household is getting close to right.

You are a ZPG guy like James J Lee? Interesting.

How many people are you willing to kill for your final solution? Does it include yourself? I mean at least that guy took his own medicine.

one does not need a higher education to teach their children the basics they need to go out in the world and learn for themselves.

The definition of higher education is something above high school, and by that point in time they are not children, so I don't understand what you are talking about. Prior to that, who is going to teach them? If they have parents who cannot read or write, are you asking teachers to do their homework, and pay them overtime? Just how do you propose to make your idea work?

Last edited:
I think it's moreso the parents. There are exceptions to every rule, however.

I think that is also true. Parents who are undereducated cannot teach children that are undereducated. It still goes back to the parent & child attitude. I think that is a good answer towards solving the problem.

Simple truths are best. I was told by this board that I couldn't push more REP your way...damn shame.

And whom is government to tell an individual how to run their lives for their situation in the first place.

These are questions that the Statist will never dwell upon. The groupthink they mire themselves in won't allow them the resources to do such a thing.

Their brainpower is already overtaxed as it is and may cause a severe implosion or anurism...but when has throwing caution to the wind ever stopped a Statist?

Whaaaa? There would be no problem if you pitched in. The problem could be solved. Everyone could have a home & the necessities of life and no poverty would exist. So why blame this on libs who are trying to help? Blame it on your sorry ass attached to that anchor.....................

Well sure, have the rich pay off that 13 Trillion they racked up, and you will see move successful people. Until they accept responsibility and pay up, I don't see anything changing.

Have you watched this video & what did you get out of it? All that screaming and rambling in hate & anger completely destroys any message. She contradicts herself, so hard telling what is true or false.

Last edited:
You and your ilk are not talking pitching in... you are talking forced redistribution at the hands of government for your feelings of charity... generous when it comes to the monies of others

Last I checked, it is libs that have strived to get everybody onto some government handout thus ensuring generations of dependents.

Faith Based Charity welfare extension, Katrina, etc. Have a stat on who is on generational handouts? It would help to know if it is ten or ten million you are complaining about, and what their situation is.

What kind of a handout are you on? Surely you have been a burden on society from the day your were born.

I'm complaining about people like you...

Forum List

Back