Do Conservatives Fan The Flames Of Poverty?

In spite of racial discrimination and poverty, at schools with the worst dropout rates and poorest graduation percentages, you can generally find a handful of students who do well in such environments. And I contend it is because they come to school with an attitude that they're going to succeed rather than with attitudes exhibited by most of their fellow students.

Those who turn their backs on opportunity are doomed to a life of poverty.

So you think it requires an attitude adjustment to overcome negative behaviors. Should we teach this program in the schools, or set up community counseling sessions to determine each childs poor or good attitude, so they don't turn their backs on opportunity?

As you will notice, discrimination is one tool used to create poverty by limiting opportunitiesin many different areas of society, and why we still have Affirmative Action programs. Here is a little enlightenment on poverty, followed by a couple of questions that require logical, cognitive answers.

"The lack of basic security connotes the absence of one or more factors enabling individuals and families to assume basic responsibilities and to enjoy fundamental rights. The situation may become widespread and result in more serious and permanent consequences. The lack of basic security leads to chronic poverty when it simultaneously affects several aspects of people’s lives, when it is prolonged and when it severely compromises people’s chances of regaining their rights and of reassuming their responsibilities in the foreseeable future."

Extreme poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the minimum level of income deemed necessary to achieve an adequate standard of living in a given country."
Poverty threshold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.Suppose somehow we significantly reduce racial discrimination. Will total poverty fall?

2.Suppose we give poor people effective skill training and compensatory education. Will total poverty fall?

Causes of Poverty

you certainly fan the flames of your own stupidity with nearly every post.

Ultra partisan hacks like you are the biggest problem with the country. My party is great, the other guys are the root of all evil.

You sound like an idiot.

I hang my cock out the window, and you grab it. What an exhibition of imbecile.

In spite of racial discrimination and poverty, at schools with the worst dropout rates and poorest graduation percentages, you can generally find a handful of students who do well in such environments. And I contend it is because they come to school with an attitude that they're going to succeed rather than with attitudes exhibited by most of their fellow students.

Those who turn their backs on opportunity are doomed to a life of poverty.

I think it's moreso the parents. There are exceptions to every rule, however.

I think that is also true. Parents who are undereducated cannot teach children that are undereducated. It still goes back to the parent & child attitude. I think that is a good answer towards solving the problem.

Conditioning with a 'reward' that is barely able to attain sustainability...
Classical conditioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When used to getting something from nothing, even if amounts that don't breed success, they become accustomed to the reward and still remain envious of those from whom their entitlements are confiscated from... think of the votes for the liberal politicians who keep ensuring the 'poverty stricken' get their entitlements as the salivary response to the stimulus given... this behavior is passed on in the culture through time

These entitlements and handouts are facilitated by the liberal mindset/political machine and approach to the 'needy', in combination with their will to wield power over the system

So what do you suppose the conditioned stimulus is that triggers the behavior, if not racism and discrimination? And of course the theory does not hold true, because very few people are generational recipients.

We've had programs at the Federal level to help the poor for 75 years or longer and the best offered is "are conservatives fanning the Flames Of Poverty and we have more in the grasp of poverty;not as a percentage but in actual numbers than ever?:eusa_eh:

So what is wrong with the system? Why is there poverty in the richest country (if that is still so) on Earth? After 200 years, you think there might be a solution.

You are not, nor should you be, guaranteed not to be poor...

That is most likely true, as we still have people living in poverty.

you are guaranteed the same freedoms of every other citizen, however.. and with those freedoms comes the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

And that is why we have Affirmative Action programs and are looking at such issues as attitude that prevents freedom to succeed in education.

...USMB has really lost its way lately...

Threads like this are so unproductive to rational discussion because they are so asinine.

on topic, black conservative explains how and why democrats are poverty pimps:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX864fXR1A0]YouTube - Black Conservatives Blast Al Sharpton Protesters in DC 8/28[/ame]

you know whats funny about shintao, and micky, and their ilk? They never EVER respond to the responses that destroy their claims without a shadow of a doubt. They just skim by it, and decide to comment on something else. That is when you know you are dealing with not only a hack, but an absolute detriment to the human condition.

Shintao, I will ask you exactly what I asked you in the other idiot thread you made...lets see if you have the balls to answer this time.

What exactly do you want? What type of government would you like to see implemented? What economic system? What are your ideas that you propose to better society in your view?

Give us some substance to your whining and maybe you'd not seem like such a nutjob.

...USMB has really lost its way lately...

Threads like this are so unproductive to rational discussion because they are so asinine.

Talking about poverty is unproductive & asinine? Really? So what makes the topic unproductive? What makes the topic asinine? Do let me know.

you know whats funny about shintao, and micky, and their ilk? They never EVER respond to the responses that destroy their claims without a shadow of a doubt. They just skim by it, and decide to comment on something else. That is when you know you are dealing with not only a hack, but an absolute detriment to the human condition.

You haven't made a response to the thread yet. Still waiting troll.

As you will notice, discrimination is one tool used to create poverty by limiting opportunitiesin many different areas of society, and why we still have Affirmative Action programs. Here is a little enlightenment on poverty, followed by a couple of questions that require logical, cognitive answers.

"The lack of basic security connotes the absence of one or more factors enabling individuals and families to assume basic responsibilities and to enjoy fundamental rights. The situation may become widespread and result in more serious and permanent consequences. The lack of basic security leads to chronic poverty when it simultaneously affects several aspects of people’s lives, when it is prolonged and when it severely compromises people’s chances of regaining their rights and of reassuming their responsibilities in the foreseeable future."

Extreme poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the minimum level of income deemed necessary to achieve an adequate standard of living in a given country."
Poverty threshold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.Suppose somehow we significantly reduce racial discrimination. Will total poverty fall?

2.Suppose we give poor people effective skill training and compensatory education. Will total poverty fall?

Causes of Poverty

Ultra partisan hacks like you are the biggest problem with the country. My party is great, the other guys are the root of all evil.

You sound like an idiot.

I didn't notice that. My microscope is in the shop.

Shintao, I will ask you exactly what I asked you in the other idiot thread you made...

I have made a lot of threads, so provide me with a link to your imbecilic question, and then we can move on from there. On hold for the Trolls question from another thread somewhere.:eusa_whistle:

You sound like an idiot.

I didn't notice that. My microscope is in the shop.

Hard to see when it is up your ass huh?

Shintao, I will ask you exactly what I asked you in the other idiot thread you made...

I have made a lot of threads, so provide me with a link to your imbecilic question, and then we can move on from there. On hold for the Trolls question from another thread somewhere.:eusa_whistle:

...I asked you in the same response you just quoted but left it out....wow...just wow.

here im going to paste it multiple times for your small brain synapses to pick up the stimuli via your retinals.

What exactly do you want? What type of government would you like to see implemented? What economic system? What are your ideas that you propose to better society in your view?

How about you logically critique the woman in the video I posted while you're at it?

Last edited:
Are we not supposed to discuss how Obama and the Dems have set records for driving Americans into poverty just like Roosevelt's New Deal?

If you care to. I don't see any end to poverty in sight, regardless of who is administering the programs or doing the studies. Yet other countries have managed to deal with their poverty. Why is that?

What "Other Countries?"

Mexico?

Maybe we should send 20 million poor over the border into Canada.

Last edited:

...I asked you in the same response you just quoted but left it out....wow...just wow.

So where is the link to the other thread you wanted me to respond to your question? Still on hold waiting for Trolls link to another thread somewhere. :eusa_whistle:

So where is the link to the other thread you wanted me to respond to your question? Still on hold waiting for Trolls link to another thread somewhere. :eusa_whistle:

its the exact same question as i asked here...about 10 times now in this thread alone. care to answer it?

Last I checked, it is libs that have strived to get everybody onto some government handout thus ensuring generations of dependents.

Are we not supposed to discuss how Obama and the Dems have set records for driving Americans into poverty just like Roosevelt's New Deal?

If you care to. I don't see any end to poverty in sight, regardless of who is administering the programs or doing the studies. Yet other countries have managed to deal with their poverty. Why is that?

What "Other Countries?"

Mexico?

Maybe we should send 20 million poor over the border into Canada.

Acually I was thinking more like Sweden. They may still have a few in poverty.

Forum List

Back