Do conservatives ever wonder WHY liberalism is prevalent in higher education?

Perhaps its because liberalism represents intellectual ideas? Perhaps something can be said why political scientists tend to be liberal.

"I've worked in the private sector, they expect results"

"Personally, I liked the University. They gave us money and facilities and we didn't have to produce anything"

:lmao: Were truer words ever spoken?!? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
There we go again...

Whenever someone points out that the current system isn't going to remain solvent...progressives immediately call for more taxes to prop up said system...and if you're not for that then you hate children, grandma and America.

Just once I'd like to see a liberal on this board who DIDN'T propose an additional tax as the "solution" to what ails this country...

Anyone who doesn't understand that the problems of this nation are never going to be solved by stealing grandma's social security has disqualified themselves from engaging in a serious discussion of the issues involved.

You probably didn't get the "memo" on this, Derideo...but our government has been stealing our social security for quite some time now. They take the money that we pay into the program and divert those funds to pay for other government programs while writing IOU's to the Social Security Administration. I don't think you're ready to have a "serious" discussion about the issues involved because to be quite blunt with you...I don't think you're informed enough to do so.

After repeated attempts to provide you with hard facts and irrefutable evidence you have demonstrated that you have no intention of ever actually addressing them. Therefore it is a complete and utter waste of time to continue in this futile debate. The facts and evidence are not going to change and judging by your posts your denial of them won't either. Have a nice day.

If social security debts are meaningless then SO IS THE ENTIRE NATIONAL DEBT.

Because, after all, debt is debt.

It's either ALL real or none of it is.

Because there is prejudice against them at universities and public schhols, conservatives keep a low profile. It's not that they don't exist.

Anyone who doesn't understand that the problems of this nation are never going to be solved by stealing grandma's social security has disqualified themselves from engaging in a serious discussion of the issues involved.

You probably didn't get the "memo" on this, Derideo...but our government has been stealing our social security for quite some time now. They take the money that we pay into the program and divert those funds to pay for other government programs while writing IOU's to the Social Security Administration. I don't think you're ready to have a "serious" discussion about the issues involved because to be quite blunt with you...I don't think you're informed enough to do so.

After repeated attempts to provide you with hard facts and irrefutable evidence you have demonstrated that you have no intention of ever actually addressing them. Therefore it is a complete and utter waste of time to continue in this futile debate. The facts and evidence are not going to change and judging by your posts your denial of them won't either. Have a nice day.

Look, if you don't want to debate the issue then say so. Pretending that I've ignored something you've posted because YOU don't have a response to what I'VE posted makes you look ridiculous. You make the claim that someone wants to "steal" Grandma's Social Security money and I point out that they HAVE been stealing it for years now...but somehow that translates into a "denial" by me? You're amusing...really...

Last edited:
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Liberal pretensions are utterly hilarious.

Seeing both sides of the issue is pretentious?

You're belief that you see both sides of the issue is pretentious.

No, based on my previous post, it's pretentious of you to believe that I don't see both sides. But I suppose I can understand your inability to believe it considering that in my experience conservatives seem incapable of seeing any perspective other than their own.

Look, if you don't want to debate the issue then say so. Pretending that I've ignored something you've posted because YOU don't have a response to what I'VE posted makes you look ridiculous. You make the claim that someone wants to "steal" Grandma's Social Security money and I point out that they HAVE been stealing it for years now...but somehow that translates into a "denial" by me? You're amusing...really...

Your refusal to deal with the facts and the evidence is apparent in your nonsensical allegations about the government and your rigid lockstep adherence to the thoroughly debunked nonsense provided by FoxNews and other right wing noise makers. That might be amusing if it wasn't so detrimental to this nation. Until you are prepared to have an open mind and deal with the reality of what actually occurred this is a waste of time.

Your refusal to deal with the facts and the evidence is apparent in your nonsensical allegations about the government and your rigid lockstep adherence to the thoroughly debunked nonsense provided by FoxNews and other right wing noise makers. That might be amusing if it wasn't so detrimental to this nation. Until you are prepared to have an open mind and deal with the reality of what actually occurred this is a waste of time.

Your refusal to deal with the facts and the evidence is apparent in your nonsensical allegations about the government

Allegations? You aren't aware that the government spends the Social Security taxes you pay to fund the day-to-day operations of government?

Do you feel your money is held in a "lockbox" until you retire? LOL!

Your refusal to deal with the facts and the evidence is apparent in your nonsensical allegations about the government

Allegations? You aren't aware that the government spends the Social Security taxes you pay to fund the day-to-day operations of government?

Your erroneous assumptions are why this is a complete waste of time.

Uh, excuse me, sorry to interrupt.

while the forums are filled with arguments just like this over which party is letting WHICH welfare recipients run off with more money (social welfare fraud or corporate welfare) -- the part of the budget spent on entitlements [instead of investing in microlending or some other business plan for paying back loans for students or workers on their way to financial independence] OR the part spent on questionable war contracts or corporate bailouts at taxpayer expense etc etc [instead of setting up a Constitutional system for citizens to directly check abuses of either govt, corporate or religious authority by any group licensed to operate by the state] -- both parties continue to milk millions of dollars for campaigns to make careers out of running for office, not to mention what is spent during and after their time in office.

Can't all the taxpayers from all parties unite in agreement on at least this, that enough is enough. And demand restitution to taxpayers for BOTH welfare fraud and corporate fraud,
instead of excusing one while targeting the other? Why not go after BOTH with FULL FORCE.
Why compete and argue "which is the worse problem being denied by which side" when BOTH are bad and BOTH should be corrected by the respective parties NOT in denial?

Why not hold the parties responsible for funding and fixing the problems they claim to have answers for. And if the parties defend certain freedoms -- whether the choice of abortion, war, guns the death penalty, gay marriage, etc -- then let those parties pay for those costs.
If we contribute to campaign funds for parties and party leaders, that should pay for
leadership to organize resources directly around solutions, delegated by party.

Even if we all have different issues we want policed and corrected,
can't people of ALL parties come to the table with these lists of pet issues and demand that
each party CLAIMING to represent those go ahead and fix it, set up procedures for assessing and collecting on the debts owed to taxpayers, and invest that into solutions.

Sorry DT for repeating the same things from before. Looks like we might gather enough of a posse to go after this if people are serious about stopping govt waste of taxes on ALL sides!

Shall we do a round up? A head count? Of who's willing to go after the corporate fraud, the social welfare reform, the health care co-opting or insurance fraud, the vet fraud etc etc.

while the forums are filled with arguments just like this over which party is letting WHICH welfare recipients run off with more money (social welfare fraud or corporate welfare) -- the part of the budget spent on entitlements [instead of investing in microlending or some other business plan for paying back loans for students or workers on their way to financial independence] OR the part spent on questionable war contracts or corporate bailouts at taxpayer expense etc etc [instead of setting up a Constitutional system for citizens to directly check abuses of either govt, corporate or religious authority by any group licensed to operate by the state] -- both parties continue to milk millions of dollars for campaigns to make careers out of running for office, not to mention what is spent during and after their time in office.

Can't all the taxpayers from all parties unite in agreement on at least this, that enough is enough. And demand restitution to taxpayers for BOTH welfare fraud and corporate fraud,
instead of excusing one while targeting the other? Why not go after BOTH with FULL FORCE.
Why compete and argue "which is the worse problem being denied by which side" when BOTH are bad and BOTH should be corrected by the respective parties NOT in denial?

Why not hold the parties responsible for funding and fixing the problems they claim to have answers for. And if the parties defend certain freedoms -- whether the choice of abortion, war, guns the death penalty, gay marriage, etc -- then let those parties pay for those costs.
If we contribute to campaign funds for parties and party leaders, that should pay for

can't people of ALL parties come to the table with these lists of pet issues and demand that
each party CLAIMING to represent those go ahead and fix it, set up procedures for assessing and collecting on the debts owed to taxpayers, and invest that into solutions.

Sorry DT for repeating the same things from before. Looks like we might gather enough of a posse to go after this if people are serious about stopping govt waste of taxes on ALL sides!

Shall we do a round up? A head count? Of who's willing to go after the corporate fraud, the social welfare reform, the health care co-opting or insurance fraud, the vet fraud etc etc.

Great idea, Emily. Way better to do something constructive about these issues than to just have endless repetitions of the same tired debunked nonsense. Where is the sign up sheet?

Great idea, Emily. Way better to do something constructive about these issues than to just have endless repetitions of the same tired debunked nonsense. Where is the sign up sheet?

What thell you talking about debunked? so you saying there is a S.S. lock box? and Al Gore was just blowing smoke up your ass because it alway exsisted? and LBJ didnt fund Nam off of it? and GWB's tax cuts didnt piss off AARP because it took from it and thats why we had a what 2% tax increase on our payroll taxes in January? I have to hear this one lol.

What thell you talking about debunked? so you saying there is a S.S. lock box? and Al Gore was just blowing smoke up your ass because it alway exsisted? and LBJ didnt fund Nam off of it? and GWB's tax cuts didnt piss off AARP because it took from it and thats why we had a what 2% tax increase on our payroll taxes in January? I have to hear this one lol.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread and then you can direct your questions to the poster who made those inane allegations in the first place.

His statement is true, Derideo_Te. Too bad you are so unaware of it.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread and then you can direct your questions to the poster who made those inane allegations in the first place.

well sorry If I misunderstood your comments on this page.

Yes, I assumed you knew what you're talking about.
I see I was wasting my time.

I agree, we need term limits and private accounts for Social Security.
Then politicians couldn't spend our Social Security tax payments and confuse poor Derideo.

Wow, you really are unaware that the Federal Government has been borrowing money from the Social Security Trust Fund to supplement other programs. I thought everyone understood that's been going on for some time now, Derideo. Quite frankly it doesn't say much for your grasp of what's going on in Washington.

You need to do a little reading up on what you're "pontificating" about here, Dude...'cause right now...you're looking like a bit of an idiot...no offense but it is what it is...

well sorry If I misunderstood your comments on this page.

I guess that would be "me", Bear. LOL I'm the poster making the "inane allegations" that our elected officials have been raiding the Social Security Fund for years now. I wonder some time what rock people like Derideo have been hiding under not to know some of the things that they obviously don't know.

His statement is true, Derideo_Te. Too bad you are so unaware of it.

You are making the same erroneous assumptions that he is, Becki. His statement is false because he has is totally ignorant of the knowledge that I possess. These baseless allegations about others do nothing to encourage dialog. Perhaps a better approach would be to propose suggestions that both sides could live with to handle the deficit spending instead of just making unfounded allegations about people whose positions and knowledge you and they have no awareness of whatsoever. Do you think that might work instead?

Forum List

Back