Do conservatives care about principles anymore?

Do the principles we fought for matter anymore?
Well, no.

Their top priorities are (a) fundraising and (b) re-election. Principles are cool 'n stuff, and they come in handy now and then when they can be leveraged for advantage, but priorities are priorities.

This continues as long as we bend over and refuse to change the system under which these people operate.

republicans are completely ignoring their responsibility to balance the budget. They are selling out on border security too.

not when you're living in a world created by extreme views and it being ok to call someone a nazi cause you don't like 'em, no.

Why is this such a shock to everyone? Who was the last Conservative president that cared about fiscal responsibility?

I say the last one was Calvin Coolidge. Bush II didn’t, Bush I didn’t, Reagan sure didn’t

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

republicans are completely ignoring their responsibility to balance the budget. They are selling out on border security too.

Establishment Republicans are not Conservatives....When you understand that RINO's reach across the aisle and work with the left, it is the liberals wheeling and dealing of both parties, figuring ways to fuck US over...

The only thing that matters to most politicians these days is getting reelected which is why you don't see someone like Jeff Flake speaking his mind until after he knows he doesn't want to run again. Our government is tied to special interests and the deep pocked corporations that fund them. Their "principles" are whatever makes their donors happy.

How about the principle that a sitting president does not spy on an incoming president? How about that principle?
How about the principle that restrains one candidate to buy dirt on the other and then gives it to the FBI that then uses it for evidence in a FISA court? How about that principle?
Until your side stands up and cleans house you can take your principles and shove them up your smelly ass...

You're trying to hold Centrist/Moderates (aka Republicsns) to Conservative ideals. The Republican party is NOT Conservative at its core.

Corporations and the wealthiest got theirs. Republican principles fulfilled.

And you’re lying again so I guess progressive principles fulfilled. One day I hope you shock me by doing what’s right
Psh you’ll keep voting for them again and again and again. Then you decide to lecture on principles. :rolleyes:

Establishment Republicans are not Conservatives....When you understand that RINO's reach across the aisle and work with the left, it is the liberals wheeling and dealing of both parties, figuring ways to fuck US over...

Yet the he president is doing just and he isnt establishment for some reason?

How about the principle that a sitting president does not spy on an incoming president? How about that principle?
How about the principle that restrains one candidate to buy dirt on the other and then gives it to the FBI that then uses it for evidence in a FISA court? How about that principle?
Until your side stands up and cleans house you can take your principles and shove them up your smelly ass...

This thread is me standing up to my side

You're trying to hold Centrist/Moderates (aka Republicsns) to Conservative ideals. The Republican party is NOT Conservative at its core.

And yet the so called conservative base isn’t doing jack

Forum List

Back