Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
For those that do not believe in God, I would be curious as to why you dont believe.
I dont believe in a religious god. I believe there was a creator. I think it could give a shit what we do. My main reason for this way of thinking is the harm a supposedly religious god has allowed to happen to "good" people. Also it makes zero sense. If god was this all knowing judge why the drama? If you know someone is going to blow away some people praying in church why not give that person a massive heart attack the moment before he pulls the trigger? I think the bullshit excuse that god moves in mysterious ways is just that. Bullshit. Why should someone believe that?
Well, I understand where you are coming from. I think it's more than "mysterious ways". I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. Thus the reason why so much bad stuff is happening.
"I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. "

So whats the point of god if he cant stop red man? This is where logic takes a weird turn. A lesser being is in control instead of the creator? How does that make any sense?

For those that do not believe in God, I would be curious as to why you dont believe.
I think they are intellectually lazy. The glanced at medieval paintings of an old man in the sky and started mocking the image without ever thinking deeply enough about it to realize that thats not even what the artist believed.
Wrong.

In fact, to blindly follow a taught behavior such as religious practice in an effort to conform with adherents of the same religion is indeed intellectual laziness.

The true intellectual challenge is to confront the lie of religion, the authority of religious dogma, and the arrogance common to far too many theists.

I dont believe in a religious god. I believe there was a creator. I think it could give a shit what we do. My main reason for this way of thinking is the harm a supposedly religious god has allowed to happen to "good" people. Also it makes zero sense. If god was this all knowing judge why the drama? If you know someone is going to blow away some people praying in church why not give that person a massive heart attack the moment before he pulls the trigger? I think the bullshit excuse that god moves in mysterious ways is just that. Bullshit. Why should someone believe that?
Which goes to the fact that there is/was no ‘creator’ as well.

Which goes to the fact that there is/was no ‘creator’ as well.
There has to be some kind of creator. The evidence is all around us. The logical formation of life points to someone or something planning and then engineering life. Its not haphazard. Everything at its base has the same blue print.

No real proof.
But there also is no real proof of evolution either, so what would make you choose to have a belief in an evolutionary system, as opposed to a religious God created system?
Wrong.

Evolution is a fact, no ‘belief’ required.

There are theories as to the specific mechanics of the fact of evolution, but it is a settled and accepted fact beyond dispute that organisms evolve, adapt to changing environments, and undergo genetic mutation.

Evolution is a Fact and a Theory
Well, evolution as defined as changes in biological organisms may have some validity, but when you are talking about evolution as an argument as to how the world was created, i.e., the big bang, and the evolution of man from tadpoles to primates to humans, all of that is still just theory.

Hence why they call it the "theory of evolution".

Atheists are not hard to please...

Just give me any evidence of a creator and I will listen

It’s not a matter of ‘not believing,’ it’s acknowledging the fact that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

The mistake theists make is to arrogantly believe that ‘god’ exists as ‘fact,’ and that those free from religion reject the ‘fact’ of ‘god’ – when indeed nothing could be further from the truth.

Religion and ‘god’ are creations of man; ‘god’ exists as an idea, as religious ritual, as a metaphor for that which is positive about human existence.

But there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on behalf of humans, and issues edicts of religious dogma all must obey lest transgressors are consigned to eternal damnation – that ‘god’ in fact does not exist.

And because all religions, gods, and deities are creations of man – imbued with man’s fears, hatred, and imperfections as are all things created by man – it’s perfectly appropriate and warranted to acknowledge the fact that religion is completely devoid of secular authority, the sole purview of individual belief and subjective adherence.
Ok, but how do you know that? In the other post, you cited evolution as being fact, and in this post you claim that you know there is no God and that God is man made. Are you saying that science has proven there is no God? If so, I'd like to see the articles and the method that shows how they arrived at that conclusion.

I understand that there are people that dont believe, but what I'm getting at here is that, the big bang theory takes just as much faith to believe as the creation theory. What I was asking is why people dont believe in God.

Is it just personal preference? Do they prefer the scientific method over the biblical idea? Do they just think religion is hokey and they dont want any part of it?

I was raised mostly going to church. I'm not trying to sway an opinion, but am just curious as to why people choose one theory over another. I'm no biblical scholar, I have questions of my own.

That's a completely rational statement, the problem is, religion has to be taken on faith, and despite the fact that we have 2000+ year old letters written by people who lived closer to the time of Christ, a lot of people find it hard to have faith.

I'm not saying I have that faith completely, I used to think I did, but more recently, I've had thoughts in my head that make me have questions.

Well, I understand where you are coming from. I think it's more than "mysterious ways". I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. Thus the reason why so much bad stuff is happening.
"I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. "

So whats the point of god if he cant stop red man? This is where logic takes a weird turn. A lesser being is in control instead of the creator? How does that make any sense?

It’s a temporary thing. And it’s not that the “god of this world” has complete control, it is only within certain boundaries. According to the Bible, satan has influence over the minds of unbelievers (2 Cor 4:4). But I think the kingdom of darkness also has influence over things like entertainment, media, politics, etc.

You might find that ludicrous or crazy, but hey….you asked! Personally I think it’s clear that there is evil in this world… as well as good. Each one has a source.

That's a completely rational statement, the problem is, religion has to be taken on faith, and despite the fact that we have 2000+ year old letters written by people who lived closer to the time of Christ, a lot of people find it hard to have faith.

I'm not saying I have that faith completely, I used to think I did, but more recently, I've had thoughts in my head that make me have questions.
If you haven’t already, you should read the book The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel. It’s excellent, and an interesting read. I’ve actually encountered a number of people who became believers after reading that book. Or I should say, it helped pave the way for them...because it breaks down a lot of the common obstacles people have. Another good one by the same author is The Case for a Creator.

I think they are intellectually lazy. The glanced at medieval paintings of an old man in the sky and started mocking the image without ever thinking deeply enough about it to realize that thats not even what the artist believed.
Wrong.

In fact, to blindly follow a taught behavior such as religious practice in an effort to conform with adherents of the same religion is indeed intellectual laziness.

The true intellectual challenge is to confront the lie of religion, the authority of religious dogma, and the arrogance common to far too many theists.

You are right that blind faith in the ridiculous is intellectual laziness.

But what does that have to do with the intellectual laziness of those who argue against the belief in a God by ridiculing medieval depictions of God as an old man in the sky when even the artists who painted that didn't believe that God was an old man in the sky?

I doubt that any believer of any religion however ridiculous their dogma is thinks of God as an old man in the sky.

Some otherwise intelligent people who claim to believe every word in the bible , and even those who claim intellectual and moral superiority because they do not believe, still haven't figured out that a talking serpent in scripture has always been just a metaphor for a human archetype and when I point it out, they both neither understand, accept the obvious, or believe. Both minds are as completely shut as a government office on a holiday. Instead of accepting the irrefutable revelation unbelievers dismiss me as a believer and believers dismiss me as an unbeliever. Astonishing!

Thats evidence of divine judgement right there, verifiable evidence. Go and try to reason with a dedicated believer that they won't live forever by drinking wine and eating crackers every Sunday if you don't believe me. Try and get a dedicated atheist to even consider the possibility that there is a way.

How is it that so many intelligent people on both sides to this day can't accept something so obvious and simple enough to be understood by bronze age nomads, unless they have been judged unworthy of comprehension by God?

How is that people, believers and unbelievers alike, could not see before what they can't unsee today it unless it was a deliberate demonstration of divine power over the mind?

Are you listening? If you have ears to hear, then hear. If you are reading you must have eyes but can you see what I have shown you? Many people dismiss scripture because they can't make any sense of it at all and conclude that it is not the truth even though their inability to grasp the teaching proves that the teaching is the truth.

"What he shuts no man can open, what he opens, no man can shut." You must have heard of that claim before.

Now you know how it is true.

Last edited:

I dont have the answer to that. I can theorize that it has to do with the fall of man, and when sin entered the world.

In the story of Genesis, life was a paradise, until man sinned, and that is when bad things started to happen. Man rebelled against God. Perhaps God allowed us to make our own choices, and mankind chose to do things against the law and will of God.

This could be why God doesn't interfere with the things of this world.

No real proof.
But there also is no real proof of evolution either, so what would make you choose to have a belief in an evolutionary system, as opposed to a religious God created system?
Evolution is provable, and I'll show you right now 2 proofs of evolution.

1. If you look at houses from the 1700s, and the clothes people wore back then, you'll see that people were shorter back then. So humans are evolving to be taller beings as time goes on.

2. I used to eat meat but my thinking has evolved over time to where I'm now a vegetarian.

Living my life by an invisible superbeing in another dimension that no one has ever seen, who wants us to obey a book, is totally without proof. Anyways, I don't live my life by evolution, like someone would do with the purported musings of a ghost.

I kind of think they do believe that. What do you say?
No, no even close. Atheists don't believe in an invisible superbeing who cares if we follow a book or not.
It sure does seem to be a major sticking point for you. :lol:

What evidence would you accept?
Something more than a burning bush
If you can’t tell me what evidence it would take, maybe there is no evidence you will accept.
Well, how about parting the Red Sea or walking on water?
So you are looking for magical things?

That’s what it would take?

Forum List

Back