Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
For those that do not believe in God, I would be curious as to why you dont believe.
I dont believe in a religious god. I believe there was a creator. I think it could give a shit what we do. My main reason for this way of thinking is the harm a supposedly religious god has allowed to happen to "good" people. Also it makes zero sense. If god was this all knowing judge why the drama? If you know someone is going to blow away some people praying in church why not give that person a massive heart attack the moment before he pulls the trigger? I think the bullshit excuse that god moves in mysterious ways is just that. Bullshit. Why should someone believe that?
Well, I understand where you are coming from. I think it's more than "mysterious ways". I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. Thus the reason why so much bad stuff is happening.
"I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. "

So whats the point of god if he cant stop red man? This is where logic takes a weird turn. A lesser being is in control instead of the creator? How does that make any sense?
You want logic from a believer? Chistians have a clever mechanism to explain away their creator’s sadistic nature. Blame Satan for everything. From letting yourself off the hook if you’re a believer and attracted to your own sex to explaining the monstrous pain our species inflicts on itself requires a belief in Satan in order to hold on to the superstition an all loving God exists.

Some of us wonder what kind of god we have. I mean, IF there is a god. Suffer the little children? All those childhood diseases and abuse.. God may be perfect, but a perfect WHAT? Oh, it's a test. Of whom? Like god doesn't already know the answer? Please.
How do you define perfection? An all powerful diety with a sadistic streak and a twisted sense of humour might think the situation our species finds itself in ‘perfection’, worse still simply highly amusing. The problem for most Christian theologians comes from a stubborn adherance to the idea of God’s omniscience. If the Almighty exists out of time knowing all that ever was and ever will be why did he/she/it grant our species free will knowing where it would lead necessitating he torture his own son ( who is actually himself if you swallow trinitarian theology undigested)? A cosmic sado-masochist ?

For those that do not believe in God, I would be curious as to why you dont believe.
I dont believe in a religious god. I believe there was a creator. I think it could give a shit what we do. My main reason for this way of thinking is the harm a supposedly religious god has allowed to happen to "good" people. Also it makes zero sense. If god was this all knowing judge why the drama? If you know someone is going to blow away some people praying in church why not give that person a massive heart attack the moment before he pulls the trigger? I think the bullshit excuse that god moves in mysterious ways is just that. Bullshit. Why should someone believe that?
Well, I understand where you are coming from. I think it's more than "mysterious ways". I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. Thus the reason why so much bad stuff is happening.
"I think most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now, satan is the one ruling this earth at the moment. "

So whats the point of god if he cant stop red man? This is where logic takes a weird turn. A lesser being is in control instead of the creator? How does that make any sense?
You want logic from a believer? Chistians have a clever mechanism to explain away their creator’s sadistic nature. Blame Satan for everything. From letting yourself off the hook if you’re a believer and attracted to your own sex to explaining the monstrous pain our species inflicts on itself requires a belief in Satan in order to hold on to the superstition an all loving God exists.
I can see how you would have your doubts.

Christian's dont create satan to offload the burden of all the bad things that happen, Christian's believe satan exists because the Bible tells them satan exists.

God doesn't do sadistic things, as was mentioned earlier, He simply is not running things down here right now.

I understand that sounds like a weak explanation, I've already said I'm not a Bible scholar.

Here is one question though. I think the statistic is something like 70% of the world population believes in a god of some sort. I believe in the US, the statistic is something like 75% believe in God, and just under 3% are considered atheist.

Are you saying that 75% of the US are just crazy?

Here is one question though. I think the statistic is something like 70% of the world population believes in a god of some sort. I believe in the US, the statistic is something like 75% believe in God, and just under 3% are considered atheist.

Are you saying that 75% of the US are just crazy?
Why use the word ‘crazy’? Our species tribal origins required large groups to believe in all manner of delusions in order to obey central authority, establish some form of ‘morality’ maintained through fear and to escape the overpowering terror of mortality.
Time to grow up kiddies or prepare to meet your maker? Sadly an oportunistic priesthood understood all this too well and abused the situation to their own material gain by convincing believers they required an intermediary between them and their creator and we all know where that ended up.

Simple scientific cause and effect

This caused that.......and offer proof
Like space and time being created from nothing?

Or the atoms in your body being present for the creation of space and time?

Or inanimate matter turning itself into life?

Or the laws of nature predestined beings that know and create would eventually arise?

Or that the potential for beings that know and create existed before space and time?

Or how we can use our experiences as a creator as a proxy?
Space and time exist without a magic being

Life is a chemistry set. An accumulation of different elements

Matter turning to life does not prove a magic being did it

Laws of science have always existed. Nobody made those laws
You failed to address all of my points. I win.

You just don't like the answers
The answers are there you just have use your brain to understand them. Most people can not reason let alone understand.
I fully understand
All I ask is show me credible scientific proof of a creation
Evolution and plate techtinics explain the development of life and the formation of the world we know.

Show me evidence of.....poof! There is a world

I fully understand
Evolution and plate techtinics explain the development of life and the formation of the world we know.

Two big problems without even bringing God into the puzzle, if the universe has always existed how are you going to ‘prove’ it came to exist?
If it hasn’t existed forever you’re then faced with the problem of something (everything?) coming out of nothing.
Why do we even ask these questions?

Like space and time being created from nothing?

Or the atoms in your body being present for the creation of space and time?

Or inanimate matter turning itself into life?

Or the laws of nature predestined beings that know and create would eventually arise?

Or that the potential for beings that know and create existed before space and time?

Or how we can use our experiences as a creator as a proxy?
Space and time exist without a magic being

Life is a chemistry set. An accumulation of different elements

Matter turning to life does not prove a magic being did it

Laws of science have always existed. Nobody made those laws
You failed to address all of my points. I win.

You just don't like the answers
The answers are there you just have use your brain to understand them. Most people can not reason let alone understand.
I fully understand

1439691086581.jpg

I fully understand

Two big problems without even bringing God into the puzzle, if the universe has always existed how are you going to ‘prove’ it came to exist?
If it hasn’t existed forever you’re then faced with the problem of something (everything?) coming out of nothing.
Matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Creationism relies on the theory of "poof" there is earth......poof, there are animals.....poof there is man

There is no proof of creationism

I've never seen "atheists" claim the strawman in the OP in an open structure, Theological discussion, in unison.

Atheists don't have a structured belief set. There may be sects of them that have created one, but thats just their little club.The OP is a strawman.

Atheism simpliciter, for example, is a positive belief in no God ~ only taken over the "actual" definition as a social colloquialism.

Atheism's literal meaning is lack of belief.

So here we see two usages for the same word, even....... a positive claim (deities do not exist) and a non-claim (lack of belief) regarding deities.....let alone do they have a structured set of beliefs, in unison, about perfection or anything else.

OP = Formal Strawman Fallacy.

I've never seen "atheists" claim the strawman in the OP in an open structure, Theological discussion, in unison.

Atheists don't have a structured belief set. There may be sects of them that have created one, but thats just their little club.The OP is a strawman.

Atheism simpliciter, for example, is a positive belief in no God ~ only taken over the "actual" definition as a social colloquialism.

So here we see two usages for the same word, even....... a positive claim (deities do not exist) and a non-claim (lack of belief) regarding deities.....let alone do they have a structured set of beliefs, in unison, about perfection or anything else.

I agree it is a straw man.

It is absolutely ridiculous to argue there can be no God if bad things happen to good people.

It is absolutely ridiculous to argue there can be no God if bad things happen to good people.
But who argues that? Not atheists.

It sure is ridiculous, I'm not sure what the heck basis that anyone would have in saying such things.

I fully understand

Creationism relies on the theory of "poof" there is earth......poof, there are animals.....poof there is man

Matter and energy were absolutely created ~14 billion years ago.

Once created you are correct.

However for every matter to energy exchange or energy to matter exchange there is a loss of useable energy. This lost energy is not destroyed. It still exists to balance the equation, but it is no longer useable by the system. Given enough time the universe will achieve thermal equilibrium. This we do not see. Thus matter and energy had a beginning.

I fully understand

However for every matter to energy exchange or energy to matter exchange there is a loss of useable energy. This lost energy is not destroyed. It still exists to balance the equation, but it is no longer useable by the system. Given enough time the universe will achieve thermal equilibrium. This we do not see. Thus matter and energy had a beginning.
You don't know if it was created or already there. Now shut up.

I fully understand

You have no proof of that
Agree there is a balance to the equation. One side picks up, the other decreases. The net is zero

Time is just a measurement. Created by man
Well, we’ve been waiting a long time for someone to improve on Einstien. Congratulations.
Time exists because man measures it.
You don't "create" time.
Time exists as the 4th dimension whether humans measure it, or not.
How about the other dimensions?
Did god make those too?
I didn't say anthing about who made what, or even if it was "made" at all.

You said time only exists because its measured.

It exists as a dimension of the universe, measured or not.

Forum List

Back