Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
I've never seen "atheists" claim the strawman in the OP in an open structure, Theological discussion, in unison.

Atheists don't have a structured belief set. There may be sects of them that have created one, but thats just their little club.The OP is a strawman.

Atheism simpliciter, for example, is a positive belief in no God ~ only taken over the "actual" definition as a social colloquialism.

Atheism's literal meaning is lack of belief.

So here we see two usages for the same word, even....... a positive claim (deities do not exist) and a non-claim (lack of belief) regarding deities.....let alone do they have a structured set of beliefs, in unison, about perfection or anything else.

OP = Formal Strawman Fallacy.
I agree it is a straw man.

It is absolutely ridiculous to argue there can be no God if bad things happen to good people.
It sure is ridiculous, I'm not sure what the heck basis that anyone would have in saying such things.
Two possible reasons; making a devil’s argument to further discussion or a troll’s argument to troll.

Time is just a measurement. Created by man
Well, we’ve been waiting a long time for someone to improve on Einstien. Congratulations.
Time exists because man measures it.
You don't "create" time.
Time exists as the 4th dimension whether humans measure it, or not.
How about the other dimensions?
Did god make those too?
I didn't say anthing about who made what, or even if it was "made" at all.

You said time only exists because its measured.

It exists as a dimension of the universe, measured or not.
The best description I have heard is that time is a measure of the expansion of the universe.

The problem with time is that the equations work equally well in forward or reverse but time has never been observed in the backwards direction.

I fully understand
All I ask is show me credible scientific proof of a creation
Evolution and plate techtinics explain the development of life and the formation of the world we know.

Show me evidence of.....poof! There is a world
Two big problems without even bringing God into the puzzle, if the universe has always existed how are you going to ‘prove’ it came to exist?
If it hasn’t existed forever you’re then faced with the problem of something (everything?) coming out of nothing.
Why do we even ask these questions?
Matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Creationism relies on the theory of "poof" there is earth......poof, there are animals.....poof there is man

There is no proof of creationism
Matter and energy were absolutely created ~14 billion years ago.

Once created you are correct.

However for every matter to energy exchange or energy to matter exchange there is a loss of useable energy. This lost energy is not destroyed. It still exists to balance the equation, but it is no longer useable by the system. Given enough time the universe will achieve thermal equilibrium. This we do not see. Thus matter and energy had a beginning.
You have no proof of that
Agree there is a balance to the equation. One side picks up, the other decreases. The net is zero
No proof for what? That energy and matter were created ~14 billion years ago? Red shift, background radiation, Friedmann’s solutions to Einstein’s field equations, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and inflation theory says otherwise.

The equation being balanced is the positive energy of matter and the negative energy of gravity. The net energy of the universe is zero.

The positive energy of the matter consists of useable energy and unusable energy. The sum of these never decreases once they exist.

I've never seen "atheists" claim the strawman in the OP in an open structure, Theological discussion, in unison.

Atheists don't have a structured belief set. There may be sects of them that have created one, but thats just their little club.The OP is a strawman.

Atheism simpliciter, for example, is a positive belief in no God ~ only taken over the "actual" definition as a social colloquialism.

So here we see two usages for the same word, even....... a positive claim (deities do not exist) and a non-claim (lack of belief) regarding deities.....let alone do they have a structured set of beliefs, in unison, about perfection or anything else.

It is absolutely ridiculous to argue there can be no God if bad things happen to good people.
But who argues that? Not atheists.
You have been arguing that for a month.

Well, we’ve been waiting a long time for someone to improve on Einstien. Congratulations.
You don't "create" time.
Did god make those too?

The universe did not exist before rightwinger was born. He can prove it.

Quote me then. I'll wait. :popcorn:

I am more than happy for you to deny it.

Beliefs not worth stating are beliefs not worth having.

You ALWAYS have nothing. You're boring.

You ALWAYS have nothing. You're boring.
You misspelled winning.

You don't "create" time.
Did god make those too?

Same goes for space....it is just there
The observation of time is a human endeavor

You don't "create" time.
Did god make those too?

Yes, but you didnt say the observation of it.

You said that without humans, it doesnt even exist. I just think its best to use careful language in philosophical discussion because if not, its tedious.

You don't "create" time.
Did god make those too?

You said that without humans, it doesnt even exist. I just think its best to use careful language in philosophical discussion because if not, its tedious.
Then let's get philosophical

If there is no one to observe it.....does time exist?

Did god make those too?

Then let's get philosophical

If there is no one to observe it.....does time exist?
The 4th dimension that we call time does, but its literal name does not.

You don't "create" time.
Did god make those too?

The best description I have heard is that time is a measure of the expansion of the universe.

The problem with time is that the equations work equally well in forward or reverse but time has never been observed in the backwards direction.
Thats got to be false because our time isnt based on when the universe supposedly started expanding. Does time exist if you are not aware of its passing?

You don't "create" time.
Did god make those too?

Thats got to be false because our time isnt based on when the universe supposedly started expanding. Does time exist if you are not aware of its passing?
I'm just telling you what I have read on the subject. The best we can say is that time is a measure of an expanding universe.

The measure of time we use is based on the rotation of the earth and the revolution of the sun. But if there were another civilization in the universe, they would measure it differently but time would still pass the same. We would just use a conversion factor to go back and forth between the two measure of units.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back