Zone1 Hydrogen Train: Green, green!!!

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
Why does the Republican Party discredit green energy?

Running from June to October in Quebec, the Coradia iLint will be North America's first hydrogen train.:

Fuel cells are a reasonable power source, however, they are expensive, large and a lot more explosive than tanks of diesel fuel. They are used in some submarines.

Running from June to October in Quebec, the Coradia iLint will be North America's first hydrogen train.:

They don't dislike clean energy, they're just not daft enough to believe electric cars and wind mills are amazing. They know that nuclear fusion and hydrogen are the future.

But until then, they also know that the electric toys on the road and windmills cannot compete against oil, and never will. So when fusion plants come online, and vehicles are hydrogen based, then the fragile Lefties will be left behind with their Scalextric cars and windmills.

So please don't flatter yourself.

TurdCatcher.jpg

Funny how bed wetters ignored the idea of hydrogen fueled cars when Bush would have thrown money at it. Now it's the "solution" to their bullshit MMGW scam again.
That hasn't become the reality, and in 2009, the Obama administration slashed the research funding, saying the technology wouldn't be practical for another 10 to 20 years. With limited fueling-infrastructure available and few cars on the market, the government's focus instead went into electric vehicles and hybrids. An $8,000 tax credit to purchase fuel-cell cars was allowed to expire at the end of last year.

Last edited:

The Democratic Party never mentions hydrogen as a green energy source. It's always EV, windmills and solar.

I am surprised someone hasn't developed a system in a car to capture the exhaust from a cars tailpipe,.recycle it etc. while.preventing it from entering the atmosphere. The carbon can be recycled snd reused. I suppose some.don't want that.

The only thing coming out your tailpipe is water. It has an octain rating over 200. You can produce the gas as you drive with water and a few volts. Weaver had it going on with his buggy but he was poisoned and killed and his buggy vanished along with a lot of paper work after his death. His twin brother took everything they didn't steal and put it on line. There is also a farmer in one of those asian countrys that runs his auto and all his farming equipment off Hydrogen. But until these greedy chumps pull the last quart of oil from the ground and sell it will we go to Hydrogen. I made a couple hydrogen generators and hooked them to my 8 mile a gallon truck and it did improve my milage. The bigger you build them the better you save. It allowed me to see the links these greedy SOB's will go to sell their byproduct of oil, gas.

Not green energy....nuclear power is green energy and republicans support it. We don't want wind, or solar because they don't work. Please try to at least to be accurate.

They don't dislike clean energy, they're just not daft enough to believe electric cars and wind mills are amazing. They know that nuclear fusion and hydrogen are the future.

But until then, they also know that the electric toys on the road and windmills cannot compete against oil, and never will. So when fusion plants come online, and vehicles are hydrogen based, then the fragile Lefties will be left behind with their Scalextric cars and windmills.

So please don't flatter yourself.

And that is why the left, when in power, will not allow oil, natural gas, coal, nuclear power or hydrogen....their goal is not to produce cheap, reliable, plentiful energy. Their goal is to limit access to energy to control the life choices of people....

It took all of 3-4 posts to make your original post pretty inaccurate and false........now what?

I am surprised someone hasn't developed a system in a car to capture the exhaust from a cars tailpipe,.recycle it etc. while.preventing it from entering the atmosphere. The carbon can be recycled snd reused. I suppose some.don't want that.

Japan is working on hydrogen cars.....

No one has an issue with so called green energy. The problem comes when you lunatics want to force it on others even if the technology isn't at the level of other energy sources. You loons want to force green energy by making fossil fuels more expensive.

I will more than likely buy an electric car as a get around local vehicle and I probably will install solar panels on my travel trailer and home at some point, but will not give up my gas burner as a primary means of transportation and the solar panels will be a back up energy source for my home and off grid thing for my travel trailer.

If you want green energy expansion stop shoving it down everyone's throat. Instead of government subsidizing the industry with the peoples money give tax breaks to companies that invest in the technology. If there is a profit to be made private industry will do it fast and cheaper without government forcing the issue. Nothing in history has ever been made better when a politician gets involved.

Last edited:
Actually such car-prototypes had been build - with filters and collector tanks in the 70's. Presently such trials are again taking place.

Translated: The trick is that CO2 is not released into the environment via the exhaust as is normally the case, but can be stored inside the vehicle. "This CO2 is compressed inside the engine and stored in its own pressure vessel. The high-quality pure CO2 can then be delivered to a service station, for example, and recycled for industrial purposes," says García-Cuevas González, explaining the basic principle.

However Lefty&libs and Greens declared and propagated at the end of the 70's, that catalytic converters would solve the problem. In regards to vehicle emissions.
The car industry refuted this claim and e.g. BMW countered with the development of Hydrogen technology - and was cut off from state research funds from of the end 80's onward.

In parallel the Lefty&Libs and Greens started to dismantle the nuclear power industry - therefore increasing the CO2 load - generated by fossil based energy providers.
Therefore they returned to the topic vehicles - declaring and propagating now, that EV's will solve the problem in regards to vehicle emissions.

They don't discredit "green" energy. They KNOW it's a highly expensive and unreasonable fad at this point in time, that wastes trillions more money and resources than it saves.

But hydrogen technology has been around a long time. And much like natural gas technology, does NOT cost much off anythining to convert a standard gas engine into hydrogen or natural gas usage.

Forum List

Back